Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New School Spells for each School

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Dec 17, 2010
Hello everyone I've come up with a spell for each school. This is not a spell you get for free, you must defeat a boss. Here is the quest you must do before you get your spell: (You must be level 30+ to get this quest)

Merle Ambrose: "Oh hello young wizard! I have a List of Spells that your Professors can't teach you themselves. Unfortunately, the List of Spells was taken by Ctare EveryHog. He lives in a cave in Aquila. Go get the List of Spells from him."

Ctare EveryHog: 4,500 health, Balance, one Life minion. "Roar!"
Ctare EveryHog: "Ooh, how rude?! Take the List of Spells, I could not read them anyway."

Merle Ambrose: "Good work! Now lets see, aha! Here is the spell for your school."

Spell earned depending on your school:

Water Current: 70% accuracy, 4 pips, damage spell
400 AoE, +25% to all Storm Spells
Flaming Soul: 75% accuracy, 4 pips, damage spell
375 AoE over 3 rounds, +60% to next Fire Spell to all enemies
Cool Wind: 80% accuracy, 4 pips, damage spell
300 damage (not an AoE), + Summon a minion of Ice
Sand Mountain: 85% accuracy, 4 pips, damage spell
325 AoE, -75% outgoing damage to all enemies
Death Unicorn: 85% accuracy, 4 pips, steal spell
225 AoE steal, +15% to next outgoing damage to all friends
Evil Ladybug: 90% accuracy, 4 pips, damage spell
275 AoE, +30% to next spell to all friends
Royal Eye: 80% accuracy, 4 pips, damage spell
375 damage (not an AoE), stun all enemies

Tell me what you think!

-Nick
"When the battle gets deadly, summon a Death Shield"

Defender
Apr 17, 2009
So, I like the spell damage, and extra things you do, but mention to me a little about Water Current? If it's anything like Tempest, no thank you :]
Once again tell me the animation of the Fire Soul as well, I hope it doesn't look like the Red Ghost attack from the death school pet Red Ghost
Would Cool Wind be kind of like Blizzard and Snow Ball Fight be combined? and how would the Ice Minion appear?
Sand Mountain, How would this attack? Would it be like another Sandstorm?
Death Unicorn, I don't like the name, Unicorn is meant for life which they have already have, so it would kind of be like a cross over school (Most likely this spell would be given to enemies) You also called it a steal spell, is that the same as a drain? Take back half as as you did in damage?
The Life and Myth are fine for me.

These are just my thoughts, I'm not hating or anything, these are just the things you might want to think about.

Mastermind
Dec 17, 2010
MiguelThefirst on Dec 15, 2013 wrote:
So, I like the spell damage, and extra things you do, but mention to me a little about Water Current? If it's anything like Tempest, no thank you :]
Once again tell me the animation of the Fire Soul as well, I hope it doesn't look like the Red Ghost attack from the death school pet Red Ghost
Would Cool Wind be kind of like Blizzard and Snow Ball Fight be combined? and how would the Ice Minion appear?
Sand Mountain, How would this attack? Would it be like another Sandstorm?
Death Unicorn, I don't like the name, Unicorn is meant for life which they have already have, so it would kind of be like a cross over school (Most likely this spell would be given to enemies) You also called it a steal spell, is that the same as a drain? Take back half as as you did in damage?
The Life and Myth are fine for me.

These are just my thoughts, I'm not hating or anything, these are just the things you might want to think about.
Yes, steals are drains. But to answer your question, Water Current is nothing like Tempest. Here are the looks I think the spells should look like:

Water Current: Water appears with fish swimming in it. There is a current (a current is when water moves on its own, like a river in water) in the middle. It starts to go faster and faster, dealing the damage to the enemies. Then the Global spell appears (the +25% to all storm spells)

Flaming Soul: There is a grave yard, suddenly the ground shakes, and a volcano erupts, covering everything with lava. Then, a spirit comes out. The spirit is on fire, and it swoops around the enemies, catching them on fire. Then the +60% fire traps appear.

Cool Wind: It's snowing, and a breeze picks up. Then, it stairs hailing, and soon the enemy is covered in Ice/Hail/Snow. Then, a Ice Minion appears just like all the other Minion spells do.

Sand Mountain: A mountain of sand comes out of the ground. It starts to shake, and the sand blows around, soon forming a Sand Monster. The Monster then attacks the enemies. Then the 70% weaknesses appear

Death Unicorn: There is a unicorn made out of bones. It marches up. Instead of flowers in its main and flowers around its neck, there are skulls in its main, and chains around it's neck. The unicorn then bows, and the life gets sucked out of the enemies. Then, the unicorn bows to the caster, and the health goes to the caster. Then the 15% blades appear on your friends.

Evil Ladybug: There is a ladybug sitting on a leaf. Then, it flies up, and grows giant, then it lands on the enemies. Then it creates the Guiding Lights on your friends.

Royal Eye: There is a Krokotopian Pyramid, with a giant eye on it. The eye stairs one enemy and a blast of color comes from it, attacking him/her. Then it stuns the enemies.

Defender
Apr 17, 2009
Uhm, tell me how Water Current is different then Tempest might be a good question,

Flaming Soul, What is it though? Is it a ghost? A human? A animal?
Tell me how its not like Blizzard and Snowball Fight?
I guess Sand Mountain is alright, but what kind of monster?
Death Unicorn I'm sorry but it isn't a original spell, Change this little thing here, little thing there and you got the same thing, it still even heals too. Change the creature and it could be considered.
Evil ladybug seems like Humongofrog, Sorry to say, except instead of vomiting it just jumps on them.
Is fine.
Anything I pointed out is how a spell could be declined, It has to be original, You don't see many spells matching each other, Maybe Blizzard and Meteor match each other yes, but other then that, I can't find many similarities.

Survivor
Nov 15, 2009
I like how much thought was put into this but this might be a bit too strong for 4 pips especially for pvp and as far as the myth one goes, you cant have it do non aoe damage but stuns all enemies. it has to be both the same or not at all. the fires +60 seems to be a bit high since fire has fuel.... also can ice summon an ice minion for 2 pips?