Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Name changed for some reason

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 13, 2013
Someone please help me, I am a level 80 Wizard and my name was Stephen death blade and it just changed to Amber when I entered ghost Avalon, I don't know why but I just need someone to tell me how I can change it back to Stephen death bladedeath blade

Explorer
Dec 09, 2010
That's a common bug in that area don't worry. As soon as you leave your name will go back to normal.

Hope this helps!

Defender
Dec 08, 2012
Trust me dude, The Ghost Avalon dungeon is WEIRD as for your name! I believe my name was once Gorge when I was in there. Then another time I think it was...well it was something different. Still, Just know that that's the WEIRDEST dungeon ever as for your name. Your name is still Stephen DeathBlade but it just APPEARS that your name is Amber in the weirdest dungen of Ghost Avalon. Almost EVERYONE that enters that dungeon will see that their name is something different. Don't worry, as soon as you exit that dungeon, your name will go back to normal. Trust me...

Explorer
Feb 06, 2010
It happens to everybody, it's supposed to (I think...) Although actually some of my friends' names stayed the same. Mine changes to Daisy, don't worry it's not a glitch or anything and it will change back when you leave. I think the reason it changes is because you're disguising yourself as Gamma so it makes sense you would change your name. I don't know why it only changes some peoples' names but whatever :P

Delver
Oct 23, 2011
Same exact thing happened to me. My name changed to Amber in Ghost Avalon. It also changed once while playing tag. It'll revert back when you complete Ghost Avalon. Don't worry.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
flamestixreal on Dec 3, 2013 wrote:
Someone please help me, I am a level 80 Wizard and my name was Stephen death blade and it just changed to Amber when I entered ghost Avalon, I don't know why but I just need someone to tell me how I can change it back to Stephen death bladedeath blade
This is a small bug that has been going on for quite some time. When you finish the dungeon, you will go back to your normal name.

The other day, I took two of my wizards in there (i was running two accounts). A friend was with me. The name of the wizard who had the quest got changed from Caley, to Gigi. My other wizard's name did not change. My friend's wizard also kept her name. Made me wonder if the trigger for this bug is if you have the quest or not.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
This is a known bug with Ghost AV

Your name is replaced with your pet's name.

It's something to do with the Gamma transformation, and when you're done with Ghost Av, it should change back to normal.

Defender
Dec 25, 2012
in ghost avalon it always changes your name i think its because of that owl thing

me and my friends name in ghost avalon are max amber mike and reco
we all where confused but beat the dungeon we are the names we need to be

Explorer
Feb 06, 2010
crunkatog on Dec 4, 2013 wrote:
This is a known bug with Ghost AV

Your name is replaced with your pet's name.

It's something to do with the Gamma transformation, and when you're done with Ghost Av, it should change back to normal.
Actually it's replaced with a pet name. I don't have a pet named daisy.

Defender
Jun 17, 2012
when I was doing ghost Avalon my name went from Justin firethief to Jeffery. I thought it was kind of funny