Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Spell idea for Death, Life & all other school

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 08, 2012
First of all, it's rather unfair that schools except Death and Life is able to have an all enemy attack at Rank 4. I think there should be more all enemy attacks for death and life just like all the other schools even thou there is the Deer Knight spell for death. Also, I think all schools should have an all enemy "X" pip spell just like storm. Storm has Tempest which is nice so i'll love to see Fire, Ice, Myth, Life, Death, and Balance to have an "X" spell that hits all enemies and will be more powerful with the more pips you have just like Tempest. Also, I find it really unfair that Death, Life, and Balance doesn't have a global spell that boosts damage so I would love to see a global spell for Death, Life, and Balance that actually boosts their damage. I also would love to see a trap or blade for the other schools except Fire and Storm that would get more powerful as you have more pips just like Fire has Backdraft and Storm has Supercharge. I think it would be nice for the other schools to get a trap or blade that would be just like Backdraft or Supercharge.

Now based on the Subject of this topic, this probably isn't what you expected it to be. Although I would love their to be Rank 11 spells, I got no ideas for the Rank 11 spells since I don't know where each school stands on the scale of which school does more damage then who. (As always, EVERYONE knows that Storm does the most damage then all the other schools)

Defender
Apr 17, 2009
Death's low rank hit is Deer knight which costing 5 pips is still very powerful, as for the X pips, each school has designated X ranked cards, storms just happens to be a hit, you can't make multiples after another school just because they have it, and their X spell matches them, Death resurrects the living dead, Life heals, Storm hits, it all makes sense, there are special cards we recieve that they don't, yes fire receives Backdraft and storm receives Supercharge, death receives Dark Pact, which unlike them can stack, multiple times (regular, enchanted, pet enchanted, tc) Every school is balanced out and fine the way they are now,

Survivor
Jul 28, 2013
Fire does too have an "X" spell... Heck hound!! You probably wouldn't know because only pyromancers like me can get it straight from the game...

Alia Winterwhisper

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Every school has it's strengths and weaknesses. You want death to have an attack as powerful as storm? How about giving storm the higher accuracy and health of death along with spells that heal while hitting? I would bet that most death wizards would say that's unfair. Well guess what? Storm is the highest damage school, that is it's only strength. Giving the same strength to other schools just makes storm pointless because other schools already have other strengths. If you want to be "fair" then every school should have every benefit and no weakness and we should all have the same spells...<sarcasm> The differences in the schools are a part of the game. Each school requires different playing strategy and skills. If you think your school doesn't work for you, try another school, maybe it will suit you better.

Defender
Nov 17, 2012
DeathSchoolWizard0... on Dec 2, 2013 wrote:
First of all, it's rather unfair that schools except Death and Life is able to have an all enemy attack at Rank 4. I think there should be more all enemy attacks for death and life just like all the other schools even thou there is the Deer Knight spell for death. Also, I think all schools should have an all enemy "X" pip spell just like storm. Storm has Tempest which is nice so i'll love to see Fire, Ice, Myth, Life, Death, and Balance to have an "X" spell that hits all enemies and will be more powerful with the more pips you have just like Tempest. Also, I find it really unfair that Death, Life, and Balance doesn't have a global spell that boosts damage so I would love to see a global spell for Death, Life, and Balance that actually boosts their damage. I also would love to see a trap or blade for the other schools except Fire and Storm that would get more powerful as you have more pips just like Fire has Backdraft and Storm has Supercharge. I think it would be nice for the other schools to get a trap or blade that would be just like Backdraft or Supercharge.

Now based on the Subject of this topic, this probably isn't what you expected it to be. Although I would love their to be Rank 11 spells, I got no ideas for the Rank 11 spells since I don't know where each school stands on the scale of which school does more damage then who. (As always, EVERYONE knows that Storm does the most damage then all the other schools)
It isn't unfair at all. I'm a Life wizard, FYI, so I'm not trying to just limit their powers, but Life isn't built to be that kind of school. It's a healing school, that's why we have an X pip healing spell. It isn't supposed to have super powerful attack spells, or even ones that just do cool stuff like the one you're suggesting. Death, eh, maybe, but again, death is meant to be a health steal school. That's why they have an attack all health steal spell. Also, their minion is X pip so technically they have an X pip spell (although it isn't the greatest). Myth shouldn't have attack all spells because they are built for charms (or the removal thereof). I'll think of a good argument for the other schools later, if I'm not too lazy, but the schools each have their own personalities and their just not MEANT to have the kind of spell you suggest.

Explorer
Oct 30, 2011
ok first of all death needs more attacks all enemys cause it is SO unfair there should be more attacks all opponits

hope this makes sence

Defender
Apr 07, 2012
Alia WinterWhisper on Dec 4, 2013 wrote:
Fire does too have an "X" spell... Heck hound!! You probably wouldn't know because only pyromancers like me can get it straight from the game...

Alia Winterwhisper
i would like to make one called firestorm and if your fire plz join the fire team membership only and 7134 users awaiding :)

Defender
Dec 08, 2012
Well ya do make a point thou. Kingsisle made sure that each school is balanced so that's why they did what they have done with all the schools. As for anyone else that replies to this topic or anyone that has recently replied to this topic and then chooses to reply to this reply (LOL), what would ya think if there was an drain damage spell that either attacked all enemies or attacked a single enemy and instead of it only healing the caster, it also heals the other people on the team too? Would it or would it not be good? Although life DOES have a healing spell that heals everyone on the team called Rebirth, I think it'll kinda be nice if a death person could heal everyone on a team using a drain damage spell. Well, let me know on what ya think about this idea too.

(Btw, the reason why I mentioned about having a trap and/or blade like the Backdraft trap or the Supercharge blade is because, if you see how I fight in a battle, I LOVE to cast A LOT OF blades and traps. The more blades and traps I cast, the better i'll feel when using my attack spell which is, at most times, the Dr. Von's Monster spell 'cause that's the highest rank drain spell there is right now. I bet I can't fight a single battle with using only blades or using only traps and when using one of those, I can't fight a fight without using a lot of either one of them, literally)(And plus, death already has 4 different kind of traps thou I would love to have more but it'll be too much then... or will it?? lol) I'm hoping that they make another drain damage spell thou for death. If they was to make Rank 11 spells, even if its not a drain damage spell, I bet the death spell will still be cool (But never, in my opinion, cooler then the Sun Serpent spell. I absolutely LOVE the Sun Serpent spell :D)

Mastermind
Jun 02, 2013
Each school has it's own different traits. You think storm is better then you? Check how low their accuracy and health is. All schools are balanced in one way in another, and their special traits make many spells have special effects to help you. Each school requires a different strategy, but if you think Death and Life suck, play a different wizard.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012

The problem with these spells, is that it really would unbalance the game. not all schools should have the same type of spells. Each school needs to maintain its strengths and weakneses otherwise you negate the whole game. I have no problem wityh advancing X-pip spells, but it has to be done right. As for the differing X-pip spells there are, I have no real problem with Storm having the only AoE X-Pip spell. Other schools have X-pip attacks. I agree that death should have a global damage increase like Fire's Wyldfire, and there is one in the game that is an after effect of a death spell (that we don't get) which yields a +25% to all damage (as I recall). I forget the spell name, but it's there. Fire and storm being the only schools that have X-pip boosting spells is ok since they're the 2 strongest in the game, however, I don't feel fire's is being utilized to its strength. Fire's BIGGEST draw is DoT yet the X-pip trap is a single hit use. Those two don't seem to mesh. I'd rather a small % per trap and have multiple traps to really effectively cater to the DoT masters that Pyromancers are.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
MiguelThefirst on Dec 4, 2013 wrote:
Death's low rank hit is Deer knight which costing 5 pips is still very powerful, as for the X pips, each school has designated X ranked cards, storms just happens to be a hit, you can't make multiples after another school just because they have it, and their X spell matches them, Death resurrects the living dead, Life heals, Storm hits, it all makes sense, there are special cards we recieve that they don't, yes fire receives Backdraft and storm receives Supercharge, death receives Dark Pact, which unlike them can stack, multiple times (regular, enchanted, pet enchanted, tc) Every school is balanced out and fine the way they are now,
Yes, Death has Deer Knight, but not everybody will get it. It's NOT a guarantee. If death had an AoE that came from REGULAR learning, then I'd agree with you. Deer Knight IS a good spell, and can be extremely useful, but it's not a guarantee. I've been farming loremaster since it came out and still have not gotten it yet (though Im still trying). As for Death's X-pip Animate spell, I'm sorry, but this is more MYTH's thing than death. Nowhere in Death's description does it say that it bringzs things back from the dead. What it DOES say is:

"The Death School will train its student wizards to steal and support themselves. Death Wizards belong to an advanced school, simply because most of their spells take multiple step combinations to use effectively. Their spells aren’t the strongest, but some have the ability to absorb health from the enemy, which serves as a way for them to heal themselves. They have many preparatory spells that allow them to build up high-damage spells."

For more proof that death's X-pip is the wrong school, MYTH is the school of Minions, NOT death. Death got left behind in its X-pip spell. It should be an attack, life sapping could be argued both for and against, and in line with all the other schools' power ratings. Death receives Dark Pact, but unless somebody else casts it on you, it is NOT stackable multiple times as you claim. As soon as you cast the second DP, it uses the first DP to cause more damage on the initial hit.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
KKoop3 on Dec 4, 2013 wrote:
It isn't unfair at all. I'm a Life wizard, FYI, so I'm not trying to just limit their powers, but Life isn't built to be that kind of school. It's a healing school, that's why we have an X pip healing spell. It isn't supposed to have super powerful attack spells, or even ones that just do cool stuff like the one you're suggesting. Death, eh, maybe, but again, death is meant to be a health steal school. That's why they have an attack all health steal spell. Also, their minion is X pip so technically they have an X pip spell (although it isn't the greatest). Myth shouldn't have attack all spells because they are built for charms (or the removal thereof). I'll think of a good argument for the other schools later, if I'm not too lazy, but the schools each have their own personalities and their just not MEANT to have the kind of spell you suggest.
myth is also the school for minions and yet Death has the X-pip minion spell

Champion
Oct 30, 2011

Myth has not been given a half decent (in base damage, not in effect) all enemy spell since dragonspyre, and has never been given an X pip spell. (unless you count some of the early minions, which I do not, since they have a maximum amount of pips) Does no one else not find this extremely unfair?

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
DeathSchoolWizard0... on Dec 5, 2013 wrote:
Well ya do make a point thou. Kingsisle made sure that each school is balanced so that's why they did what they have done with all the schools. As for anyone else that replies to this topic or anyone that has recently replied to this topic and then chooses to reply to this reply (LOL), what would ya think if there was an drain damage spell that either attacked all enemies or attacked a single enemy and instead of it only healing the caster, it also heals the other people on the team too? Would it or would it not be good? Although life DOES have a healing spell that heals everyone on the team called Rebirth, I think it'll kinda be nice if a death person could heal everyone on a team using a drain damage spell. Well, let me know on what ya think about this idea too.

(Btw, the reason why I mentioned about having a trap and/or blade like the Backdraft trap or the Supercharge blade is because, if you see how I fight in a battle, I LOVE to cast A LOT OF blades and traps. The more blades and traps I cast, the better i'll feel when using my attack spell which is, at most times, the Dr. Von's Monster spell 'cause that's the highest rank drain spell there is right now. I bet I can't fight a single battle with using only blades or using only traps and when using one of those, I can't fight a fight without using a lot of either one of them, literally)(And plus, death already has 4 different kind of traps thou I would love to have more but it'll be too much then... or will it?? lol) I'm hoping that they make another drain damage spell thou for death. If they was to make Rank 11 spells, even if its not a drain damage spell, I bet the death spell will still be cool (But never, in my opinion, cooler then the Sun Serpent spell. I absolutely LOVE the Sun Serpent spell :D)
I actually do agree with one suggestion, I think death should have an attack all that heals all. I would temper it though. It should be like Scarecrow except that it does damage to all, and heals all 25% instead of the single 50%.

Survivor
May 12, 2013
these are my ideas for new spells for all the schools in random order

1.storm= Poseidon
2.fire=Apollo
3.death=hades
4.life=Athena
5.myth=Ares
5.balance=Zeus
6.ice=artemis

I know in aquila the bosses use some of these spells but I am talking about for rather training points or just for the school chosen I am into the gods and goddesses so that's why they are all gods or goddesses I had the idea for the mythology because of medusa and minotaur the.

Angel jadehunter level 64

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012

Well I can say that fire has heck hound, balance has judgement & storm has tempest, so it's not all of them that need another X damage spell. I agree with you on the global thing (I'm a sorcerer). And for the Backdraft & Supercharge, I don't even have a decent blade! People have 40% blades and complaining about needing a Supercharge spell for their school as well. Try with a 25% blade! And this is the scale of damage (I think):

Storm
Fire
Death
Myth/Balance
Life/Ice

Defender
Nov 17, 2012
dayerider on Dec 6, 2013 wrote:
myth is also the school for minions and yet Death has the X-pip minion spell
Myth has SIX minions. They're pretty much good in that department, but, that's not what your asking about. Death has an X-pip minion as a supplement to their relativiely weak attack spells. They have the opportunity to choose the strength of their minion, and then they have two attackers rather than one. For a death wizard, this is extremely important to have. Without, death wizards would be kind of in trouble through marleybone and parts of Dragonspyre and Celestia.

Survivor
Apr 16, 2011
I have a spell idea,

Name: Empress
Pips: 9
Type of spell: Attack
Chance of working: 70%
Class: Balance
Description: The Empress will have five stars that will lineup in the air and then charge at the enemy.
Damage: 470-530

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
KKoop3 on Dec 7, 2013 wrote:
Myth has SIX minions. They're pretty much good in that department, but, that's not what your asking about. Death has an X-pip minion as a supplement to their relativiely weak attack spells. They have the opportunity to choose the strength of their minion, and then they have two attackers rather than one. For a death wizard, this is extremely important to have. Without, death wizards would be kind of in trouble through marleybone and parts of Dragonspyre and Celestia.
funny, I never used my minion and didn't run into any issues early on. I just used blade, blade, blade, attack. I dont mind Death having a minion, but an Xpip spell for death would be better served as an attack spell. First generation minions are helpful only to a point, but death really should have an attack X-pip. The help you say death wizards need can't be achieved while waiting 7 rounds for the 14 pip minion and expect to live. It's not realistic. The advantage of an X-pip minion is lost beyond a few rounds waiting to accumulate pips. If KI needed input on wether or not they should change the X-pip from a minion to attack spell, they have my full backing and support.