Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Time set up for night and day

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 20, 2013
I thought of a cool idea wizard101 should make. There should be morning, afternoon, night time set up by a little clock on one of the corners of your screen that changes by a hour every minute which will change what it looks like outside, for instance 6:00 am the sun will start to come out and the light will adjust to how far the sun is out in the sky, 6:00 pm the sun will start to go down by 7:00 pm you can see the moon start to come out and it is dark and all lights on the streets will turn on. Hopefully wizard101 and all you guys can understand my idea, basically saying the clock in the lower corner will adjust to day and night according on what time the clock says will make a morning set up, a after noon set up, and a night time set up.

Delver
Aug 26, 2012
jack legend on Nov 30, 2013 wrote:
I thought of a cool idea wizard101 should make. There should be morning, afternoon, night time set up by a little clock on one of the corners of your screen that changes by a hour every minute which will change what it looks like outside, for instance 6:00 am the sun will start to come out and the light will adjust to how far the sun is out in the sky, 6:00 pm the sun will start to go down by 7:00 pm you can see the moon start to come out and it is dark and all lights on the streets will turn on. Hopefully wizard101 and all you guys can understand my idea, basically saying the clock in the lower corner will adjust to day and night according on what time the clock says will make a morning set up, a after noon set up, and a night time set up.
I like this idea most mmo's have the feature and not mmo's also have it and I like just cause its cool

Defender
Sep 18, 2010
Lots of people have had this ideal but it's never happened. However, to balance things out the time should be set with Central time because if I'm correct that's also the location of KingsIsle headquarters. Thus things would be easier for them to control if they put this into effect.

Mastermind
Dec 17, 2010
I love this idea! But however, this would have to be a Wizard City only thing. Think of Marlybone, would there still be thief's running around roof tops in broad daylight? No, there would not. Maybe it could also be for houses.

-Nick
"When the battle gets deadly, summon a Death Shield"

Survivor
Feb 23, 2011
Nicholas Hawkspear on Dec 15, 2013 wrote:
I love this idea! But however, this would have to be a Wizard City only thing. Think of Marlybone, would there still be thief's running around roof tops in broad daylight? No, there would not. Maybe it could also be for houses.

-Nick
"When the battle gets deadly, summon a Death Shield"
I think that it should be your choice, but only at your own home. Maybe as an extra price from the crown shop. And yu should be able to toggle it on and off

Survivor
Apr 07, 2013
i love your idea i think it will go with you but in some worlds it is always dark and always sunny but this is still a good idea KI you should go with this plzzzzzzzzzzz

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
It would take a lot of work, because different people live in different time zones. It may not be possible but if it is then I approve of this idea.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
It's not worth all the hundreds of hours of redoing all the graphics for every world. Mooshu at night? Marleybone by day? Every creature and spell, item and background graphic would need to be doubled. It would just create more loading time and lag and really have no pay off at all.

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
superskilledwizard on Dec 16, 2013 wrote:
I think that it should be your choice, but only at your own home. Maybe as an extra price from the crown shop. And yu should be able to toggle it on and off
this sounds possible and awesome

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Zeke answered the "day and night" question earlier. He said:

"The worlds of the Spiral do not act the same way that Earth does - they do not rotate therefore their day/night is fixed."

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/the-dorms/ideas-i-would-like-to-see-in-the-game-48151

Delver
Aug 26, 2012
AluraMist2 on Dec 17, 2013 wrote:
Zeke answered the "day and night" question earlier. He said:

"The worlds of the Spiral do not act the same way that Earth does - they do not rotate therefore their day/night is fixed."

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/the-dorms/ideas-i-would-like-to-see-in-the-game-48151
Woah that explains a lot

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
I like this idea, it's different and seems cool although people in different time zones might see the time differently than others.