Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Redundant Crafting Quest: Impossible?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 27, 2011
This is what does not make sense to me... if a wizard finishes the crafting quest in Zafaria, getting Legendary crafting status, and if that wizard goes on to craft in Azteca, it is extremely difficult to complete. Here is why: to get the transmute recipe to get the leaves into nectar, the wizard needs to be Transcendent crafter. But how can they get the Transcendent crafter title when they cannot even transmute the leaves for nectar? It is contradicting, in my opinion. And farming bosses for it is unfair, in my opinion. KingsIsle, is it possible to make an exception to just that transmute recipe so Legendary crafters can use it for their next crafting badge?

Thanks,
Seth NightFlame (Promethean)

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
It's dropped in normal harvest of Agave Leaves in Alto Alto, Cloudburst Forest and Mangrove Marsh. Find the areas they appear, and realm hop to harvest them. It's really not that difficult.

Defender
Jul 27, 2011
seethe42 on Nov 28, 2013 wrote:
It's dropped in normal harvest of Agave Leaves in Alto Alto, Cloudburst Forest and Mangrove Marsh. Find the areas they appear, and realm hop to harvest them. It's really not that difficult.
You're not the first to have told me this. Thing is, I am not fortunate with your luck. I have realm jumped to do as you said, but so far, only collected about 40 leaves, and none of them dropped nectar. I only have one nectar from a boss drop.

Seth NightFlame

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
I remember it taking me a few days of doing almost nothing else but hopping through all the realms collecting. That said, it was still easier than the drums in Zafaria.

Hero
Aug 23, 2009
It took me a few days to harvest the nectar, by the. I had an abundance of leaves. So once I was able to obtain the transmute I did so and sold at bazaar to help out others needing it. Goo luck in obtaining. What you need.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Alto Alto is the best place for harvesting Agave leaves, as you can develop a 'route' of running around to the 5 spots that you can harvest from realm to realm.

I can understand your frustration. I remember when I took my first two wizards through, it took me forever to get the Agave leaves (because it was crowded), and eventually, the Agave Nectar (for about every 200 leaves, I would get a nectar).

I'm not sure why KI needs to make it so incredibly difficult just to get a crafting badge. Why can't it be simple, like it is earlier on in the game? THAT'S what makes it more fun, not the it's-so-difficult-I'm-giving-up attitude and frustration.

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
BrynnerOfReign on Dec 2, 2013 wrote:
Alto Alto is the best place for harvesting Agave leaves, as you can develop a 'route' of running around to the 5 spots that you can harvest from realm to realm.

I can understand your frustration. I remember when I took my first two wizards through, it took me forever to get the Agave leaves (because it was crowded), and eventually, the Agave Nectar (for about every 200 leaves, I would get a nectar).

I'm not sure why KI needs to make it so incredibly difficult just to get a crafting badge. Why can't it be simple, like it is earlier on in the game? THAT'S what makes it more fun, not the it's-so-difficult-I'm-giving-up attitude and frustration.
I agree with the OP, and with you BrynnerofReign -- the crafting did get frustrating at this level, and far less rewarding.

I too did what seethe42 suggested, and was much less lucky -- it took me a long time to get the materials for my crafting badge. For me, Zafaria crafting was much easier to complete.

By the way, to both BrynnerofReign and seethe42, I really appreciate your contributions to the message boards. You both add a lot of thoughtful and helpful input here, and the boards are better for it. Thanks.

Explorer
Feb 06, 2010
Sure it takes a long time but you can do it. You just have to get a ton of agave leaves and hope for the best. It's painful but you'll get it eventually. I haven't even bothered to buy the transmute for agave nectar once I finished the shield. I put it very proudly on my wall because it took so long xD
Anyways, crafting is annoying and frustrating and always will be. The recipe can take the fun out of it because it can sometimes take so long but it's life and we have to accept it :P

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2010
Mello Lily on Nov 27, 2013 wrote:
This is what does not make sense to me... if a wizard finishes the crafting quest in Zafaria, getting Legendary crafting status, and if that wizard goes on to craft in Azteca, it is extremely difficult to complete. Here is why: to get the transmute recipe to get the leaves into nectar, the wizard needs to be Transcendent crafter. But how can they get the Transcendent crafter title when they cannot even transmute the leaves for nectar? It is contradicting, in my opinion. And farming bosses for it is unfair, in my opinion. KingsIsle, is it possible to make an exception to just that transmute recipe so Legendary crafters can use it for their next crafting badge?

Thanks,
Seth NightFlame (Promethean)
it takes time spend 4-5 hours of running mangrove end to end, server hop do it again, server hop do it again. thats what i did when i had them quests.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Assuming you are level 90+, go to Cronus in Tartarus and farm him 10-15 times. He drops turquoise, and I believe he also drops agave nectar. Don't quote me on it though, you should probably check the wiki.