Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Too easy?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Aug 06, 2008
So Khrsalis is AWESOME! no doubt about that. Love the scenery, love the plot, love everything about it... exceptttttt... that its wayyy to easy. So the companion addition is great, we have our boosted stats from companions, we're all geared up in our new hades gear, we are all set to go and have some fierce fights. I'm a storm in blackthunder with over 50% resist from pet and companion, over 400 critical, over 130% damage, almost 30% pierce, i'm ready to deal out some damage. Well, apparently I'm dealing out too much damage, I haven't died once yet and i've done the entire area solo so far (little over half way done). Let's think about that for a second though, I'm a storm who has soloed most of a map.... you know, the guys with the lowest health and resist, and haven't died once yet.... I might be crazy, but I think the bosses have lower health than they did way back when I did Azteca?? I feel like i'm just grinding through this area, there isnt any real challenge (yet at least). Minions are all the same, first round blade, second round enchanted tempest and 8k damage and dead (unless storm minions then I rely on pierce and wait one round for storm lord to kill). Bosses are all the same as well, i don't even shield since I have 50% resist, I can just punch out enough power to kill quick. I really wish the difficulty of this map could be increased. I'm not saying have all the bosses start casting ice shields every few turns, but maybe multiply their health by 1.5x or 2x even, at least for the bosses. I LOVE the companion idea in the area, but it makes us super powerful (WHICH IS AWESOME!!!) I just wish the enemies would scale up so that we were required to use this new power.

In all honesty I think we killed off stronger enemies in Azteca with no companion and with water works gear still on.
Anyway, just my 2 cents!
-Adam Seafist

Defender
Apr 17, 2009
I made a post about this world being too easy and it was well on its way to 200 replies but there were SO many people saying "Azteca was hard!! This is a good change!!" Now people are seeing what I was talking about. This world was a complete pushover even without hades gear.

Explorer
Jun 29, 2009
Everyone has different opinions and I agree with you Azteca was way harder to solo, though I think the idea of Khrysalis being easy is the fact that people complain its too hard. I wasn't able to solo Azteca, not even one boss. I think the level is perfectly set, hahaha wait till part 2!

JFT

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
I can say that I am So Glad that I can once again solo a world, and the storyline is moving and carrying the game. It is easier than Azteca was, and that is a very good thing. I think the level is perfectly set, and the magic is starting to come back.

I do hope, for those of you who like the really long and hard battles, that KI puts in some side dungeons and such, I can imagine areas and side quests that would be killer hard here.

But I am so grateful that the main quest lines are once again manageable for those of us who were overwhelmed in the last world. Playability is up, story is drawing me on into the world, and the magic is returning to the game. Hooray!

Explorer
Mar 26, 2011
Yeah it is kinda easy but i still like it because i can have 67resist and 85 damage and 205 block and not have to worry about a single thing.

Survivor
Sep 01, 2011
Well, THANK YOU! You just made my point about the mismatch among schools of what every school requires win battles--power; and, my points about how much damage, how many rounds some schools have to take (or if soloing SPEND for hench) in defeat. That being said, I certainly don't want to be where you are. I want nice challenges to add to the enjoyment of gameplay--I just want it to be less frustrating and more enjoyable--with the enjoyment vs frustration factors about equal school to school.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Thunder2Hound on Nov 20, 2013 wrote:
So Khrsalis is AWESOME! no doubt about that. Love the scenery, love the plot, love everything about it... exceptttttt... that its wayyy to easy. So the companion addition is great, we have our boosted stats from companions, we're all geared up in our new hades gear, we are all set to go and have some fierce fights. I'm a storm in blackthunder with over 50% resist from pet and companion, over 400 critical, over 130% damage, almost 30% pierce, i'm ready to deal out some damage. Well, apparently I'm dealing out too much damage, I haven't died once yet and i've done the entire area solo so far (little over half way done). Let's think about that for a second though, I'm a storm who has soloed most of a map.... you know, the guys with the lowest health and resist, and haven't died once yet.... I might be crazy, but I think the bosses have lower health than they did way back when I did Azteca?? I feel like i'm just grinding through this area, there isnt any real challenge (yet at least). Minions are all the same, first round blade, second round enchanted tempest and 8k damage and dead (unless storm minions then I rely on pierce and wait one round for storm lord to kill). Bosses are all the same as well, i don't even shield since I have 50% resist, I can just punch out enough power to kill quick. I really wish the difficulty of this map could be increased. I'm not saying have all the bosses start casting ice shields every few turns, but maybe multiply their health by 1.5x or 2x even, at least for the bosses. I LOVE the companion idea in the area, but it makes us super powerful (WHICH IS AWESOME!!!) I just wish the enemies would scale up so that we were required to use this new power.

In all honesty I think we killed off stronger enemies in Azteca with no companion and with water works gear still on.
Anyway, just my 2 cents!
-Adam Seafist
Maybe basing the game around the fact that every wizard has the best gears and pet wasn't working out that well for KI. Too many people don't have the time it takes to obtain the best of the best.

Remember they know the traffic in each world, if it dwindles down to not so many then what? After the nerf how many did return to AZ to finish it off? I know I haven't.

Mary

Survivor
Nov 14, 2011

Anyway, just my 2 cents!
-Adam Seafist
I am storm also. it seems that there aren't many storm wizards. But I picked storm because I knew it was the most powerful. I am level 33.

- Sydney Rainbowgem

Survivor
Jun 11, 2013
So far it is easy, but your forgetting there is a part 2 and i think KI is going to go all out in there. So just chill for now lol

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Ryan shadowsword on Nov 28, 2013 wrote:
So far it is easy, but your forgetting there is a part 2 and i think KI is going to go all out in there. So just chill for now lol
So you figure it's going to be the ole bait and switch going on here. Bait them with game play that is easier then switch it back to difficult again? What maybe hard to believe is not everyone was happy with the difficult game play so things had to give. Also keep in mind many are struggling with AZ still.

I remember a very good post a while ago about how difficult can game play get before it's unplayable. If you start this in say Avalon though end of Azteca how far does the game have to go to get to this unplayable stage? Game play has to be paced to figure in the fact that if fewer and fewer are playing upper worlds maybe they are to difficult to process by to many?

I also like a post that stated that many players are flat out just "overwhelmed" by the difficulty. I am in this category. It just gets beyond my reasoning level since altho in real life I am very good if not better in somethings then others as far as gaming goes, not so much.

Mary

Survivor
Aug 30, 2011
Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Northlite on Nov 29, 2013 wrote:
So you figure it's going to be the ole bait and switch going on here. Bait them with game play that is easier then switch it back to difficult again? What maybe hard to believe is not everyone was happy with the difficult game play so things had to give. Also keep in mind many are struggling with AZ still.

I remember a very good post a while ago about how difficult can game play get before it's unplayable. If you start this in say Avalon though end of Azteca how far does the game have to go to get to this unplayable stage? Game play has to be paced to figure in the fact that if fewer and fewer are playing upper worlds maybe they are to difficult to process by to many?

I also like a post that stated that many players are flat out just "overwhelmed" by the difficulty. I am in this category. It just gets beyond my reasoning level since altho in real life I am very good if not better in somethings then others as far as gaming goes, not so much.

Mary
You have already made it clear that you think everything avalon and up is too hard, even though they made them all easier. Why are you even commenting on the difficulty of a world you have never played? Unless I'm mistaken. You have said it's hard but also that you only play the first arc. If you haven't done the second, are you really in position to comment?

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
seethe42 on Nov 30, 2013 wrote:
You have already made it clear that you think everything avalon and up is too hard, even though they made them all easier. Why are you even commenting on the difficulty of a world you have never played? Unless I'm mistaken. You have said it's hard but also that you only play the first arc. If you haven't done the second, are you really in position to comment?
Mary StarGem lvl 90 AZ
Mary lvl 90 AZ - retired and now my gardener
Mary lvl 83 AV - my pet trainer
Mary lvl 63 CL (I play this wizard totally solo)
Mary lvl 61 CL/WT
Mary lvl 2 WC

I only like the first arc.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Northlite on Dec 1, 2013 wrote:
Mary StarGem lvl 90 AZ
Mary lvl 61 CL/WT
Mary lvl 2 WC

That's my point. This thread is about a world you've never played. How can you post about whether it's easy or hard if you've never played it?

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
Northlite on Dec 1, 2013 wrote:
Mary StarGem lvl 90 AZ
Mary lvl 61 CL/WT
Mary lvl 2 WC

Hi Mary/Northlite,

I generally really appreciate your posts and enjoy your contributions to the message boards.

I too was very frustrated by Azteca, and as you know from my contributions to the boards, I was very vocal about that frustration.

But on this one, I think seethe42 has a really valid point. It is not fair to judge something you have not tried yet, based on a prior bias. If they do pull a "bait and switch" on us, that would be sad, and I and others would get vocal again. But I'm willing to suspend that judgment until I have evidence on which to make it.

I really encourage you to give Khrysalis a chance. Though it does continue on in the second arc, a lot of the magical quality has returned in this new world -- interesting story, manageable play, visual wonder. There is darkness to overcome -- but that was also there in the first arc. I think KI did listen to our posts. Actually, so far I am enjoying this world as much as I have enjoyed any world in the spiral. There are both darker areas, and more beautiful areas. There are mean bugs, but also brave little mammals staging a resistance movement with you. I think KI has really been working to bring the magic back. You might actually like trying this dish of "Green Eggs and Ham!"

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Ahhh, but remember, Azteca was easier in the first half and when you hit Alto Alto, it became more difficult.

I expect Khrysalis to be the same thing. Easier for the first half and more difficult the rest of the way. I'm not saying it will be horribly difficult, but KI may use the same pattern they did in Azteca.

So far, I'm not too enthused about Khrysalis. I haven't gotten very far, but find myself unmotivated and bored. Not because of how easy or hard it is, but because of the lack of imagination? Color? Space? What's exciting about hanging out in a dull grotto, jumping from sigil to sigil just to be stuck in another tiny room with another boss and his minions. I can't even get into the storyline.

I know there is more scenery if I move ahead, as I've helped a friend here and there, but for the most part, this world is lacking stuff for me and I grumble to myself when I think about continuing.

Maybe I'm a bit burned out. Maybe I should take a break for a while and hopefully come back refreshed and excited to play again.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
FinnAgainWindrider on Dec 1, 2013 wrote:
Hi Mary/Northlite,

I generally really appreciate your posts and enjoy your contributions to the message boards.

I too was very frustrated by Azteca, and as you know from my contributions to the boards, I was very vocal about that frustration.

But on this one, I think seethe42 has a really valid point. It is not fair to judge something you have not tried yet, based on a prior bias. If they do pull a "bait and switch" on us, that would be sad, and I and others would get vocal again. But I'm willing to suspend that judgment until I have evidence on which to make it.

I really encourage you to give Khrysalis a chance. Though it does continue on in the second arc, a lot of the magical quality has returned in this new world -- interesting story, manageable play, visual wonder. There is darkness to overcome -- but that was also there in the first arc. I think KI did listen to our posts. Actually, so far I am enjoying this world as much as I have enjoyed any world in the spiral. There are both darker areas, and more beautiful areas. There are mean bugs, but also brave little mammals staging a resistance movement with you. I think KI has really been working to bring the magic back. You might actually like trying this dish of "Green Eggs and Ham!"
I would rather just not comment on this worlds threads any more.

I think I too just need a break from the game in general and reassess if it really is any longer for me.

Over and out,
Mary StarGem

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
Northlite on Dec 2, 2013 wrote:
I would rather just not comment on this worlds threads any more.

I think I too just need a break from the game in general and reassess if it really is any longer for me.

Over and out,
Mary StarGem
Well, I can understand that.

Still, I really did mean what I said: I do appreciate your presence on these boards. You have made many great contributions to the conversations I have read. And I really appreciate the support you have given me as well. I hope I did not offend you -- that was not my intent. If you do take a break, I hope to see you back. The Spiral needs people like you who want to keep it magical and fun.

And if you ever do get the urge to give Khrysalis a try and need some help getting there (as in, finishing the gauntlet that is Azteca), feel free to look me up on the boards -- I'd be glad to help whenever I am able to do so.

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
BrynnerOfReign on Dec 2, 2013 wrote:
Ahhh, but remember, Azteca was easier in the first half and when you hit Alto Alto, it became more difficult.

I expect Khrysalis to be the same thing. Easier for the first half and more difficult the rest of the way. I'm not saying it will be horribly difficult, but KI may use the same pattern they did in Azteca.

So far, I'm not too enthused about Khrysalis. I haven't gotten very far, but find myself unmotivated and bored. Not because of how easy or hard it is, but because of the lack of imagination? Color? Space? What's exciting about hanging out in a dull grotto, jumping from sigil to sigil just to be stuck in another tiny room with another boss and his minions. I can't even get into the storyline.

I know there is more scenery if I move ahead, as I've helped a friend here and there, but for the most part, this world is lacking stuff for me and I grumble to myself when I think about continuing.

Maybe I'm a bit burned out. Maybe I should take a break for a while and hopefully come back refreshed and excited to play again.
Well, I guess we all have different experiences of the different realms. I am really enjoying Khrysalis so far -- I guess I kind of like infiltrating the bad guys to help out the resistance. But I admit, the story did pick up a bit once you get past that initial grotto.

And, yes Azteca was easier at first, so they may ratchet it up as we go in further. I just hope they don't ratchet it too far -- they have re-established a good balance that allows the story to develop. At least, it is working for me. And I find it very imaginative -- it has us in a slightly different role now, as the infiltrator, and that twist adds a little something to the plot. So I'm letting my optimism creep back in. Don't know how far it will go, don't know if it will turn ugly again, but I'm willing to give it a try.

And unlike Azteca, I don't feel like I am just mindlessly slogging through one long repetitive fight after another with no sense of progress or reward.

Also, as I said to Northlite, I also appreciate your contributions to the boards BrynnerofReign. You are a helpful and thoughtful voice in here. If you go, you'll be missed.

Defender
Dec 25, 2012
um i soloed everything in azteca besides dungeons and i didn't use waterworks gear i also soloed khrysalis with the same gear i was hoping for more of a challenge put it was a good world witch made up for everyone complaining about its to hard well its easy azteca was way to easy

Explorer
Feb 06, 2010
Well not all of the schools and wizards here have the capability and/or strength you do and it doesn't really make us feel much better about ourselves that you think everything is a walk in a park. Unfortunately for me, my stats are stuck at 83% damage, 18% resist (sometimes, 18% is my minimum depending on what gear I'm using) and 18 pierce. Critical is 180 and block is 240. Why do people like criticizing us for thinking it's too hard? Also not everybody has like, 50% resist from a pet. I like the difficulty of Khrysalis. Azteca was too hard for so many of us so we all appreciate Khrysalis not being as difficult. Azteca was horrible for me and if Khrysalis was anything like Azteca or harder I would think I would be done with questing, and I don't like worlds that seem as long as Azteca cause I get bored of it. (Though I don't like Azteca anyways even ignoring the difficulty but we all have our opinions.) Khrysalis is definitely one of my more favorite worlds and how the whole world is spaced apart into 2. For Azteca, generally I couldn't solo the bosses b/c I'm not a master at resist (unless they're death or myth, of course). For Khrysalis bosses I wouldn't actually mind more health, I just don't want them to be any stronger.

Anyways, I still respect your opinion even though ours differ greatly. (Also, I did use my WW gear all of Azteca lol cause there wasn't anything better and did kill stronger Azteca enemies.)

- Katherine lvl 95
- Katherine, lvl 51

Mastermind
Jun 01, 2009

Anyway, just my 2 cents!
-Adam Seafist
Easy to solo? Maybe. For a storm wizard. With good gear. But not for everyone. Example: for a myth wizard, such as myself, with gear based on damage and not resist, soloing Khrysalis is near impossible. I had to solo about a quarter of it perhaps, and I practically gave up on one boss. Having no henchmen, killing slowly, and being against a myth boss, well I died about 10 times. So just because it may be easy for yourself, don't assume its easy for everyone else.

-Jasmine Owltalon, level 95 myth

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
FinnAgainWindrider on Dec 3, 2013 wrote:
Well, I can understand that.

Still, I really did mean what I said: I do appreciate your presence on these boards. You have made many great contributions to the conversations I have read. And I really appreciate the support you have given me as well. I hope I did not offend you -- that was not my intent. If you do take a break, I hope to see you back. The Spiral needs people like you who want to keep it magical and fun.

And if you ever do get the urge to give Khrysalis a try and need some help getting there (as in, finishing the gauntlet that is Azteca), feel free to look me up on the boards -- I'd be glad to help whenever I am able to do so.
I finished the Gauntlet, certainly nothing fun or magical about that. I'll never get that 2 hours of my life wasted back. Now I have a bunch of solo stuff to test my patience with before I can even enter Khrysalis? Apparently the Gauntlet didn't prove I can play the game well enough to be there so now I have to be run though the ringer more? Not a fan of worlds where you have to fight your way out of then fight your way into the next one.

I am not sure what the story line is in AZ but to finish a side quest it's now all dark and being rock bombed. Like the ringing of Mirror Lake when I go back to Zafaria annoying.

Am not sure why I bothered accept I would like at least one wizard to progress in the game. I am holding with my Balance stuck in black lake area because we went back there and after an hour and half of battles the little fish didn't give up what I needed from them to go on.

Mary StarGem

PS - no offense was taken.

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
Northlite on Dec 23, 2013 wrote:
I finished the Gauntlet, certainly nothing fun or magical about that. I'll never get that 2 hours of my life wasted back. Now I have a bunch of solo stuff to test my patience with before I can even enter Khrysalis? Apparently the Gauntlet didn't prove I can play the game well enough to be there so now I have to be run though the ringer more? Not a fan of worlds where you have to fight your way out of then fight your way into the next one.

I am not sure what the story line is in AZ but to finish a side quest it's now all dark and being rock bombed. Like the ringing of Mirror Lake when I go back to Zafaria annoying.

Am not sure why I bothered accept I would like at least one wizard to progress in the game. I am holding with my Balance stuck in black lake area because we went back there and after an hour and half of battles the little fish didn't give up what I needed from them to go on.

Mary StarGem

PS - no offense was taken.
Oh I hear you loud and clear. Post-apocalypse Azteca is awful! Even worse than mirror lake for me (and I hate mirror lake sound -- that is why I almost never return to ZF).

The offer still stands though, if you want a helping hand, feel free to let me know and we can set up a time and realm.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
FinnAgainWindrider on Dec 23, 2013 wrote:
Oh I hear you loud and clear. Post-apocalypse Azteca is awful! Even worse than mirror lake for me (and I hate mirror lake sound -- that is why I almost never return to ZF).

The offer still stands though, if you want a helping hand, feel free to let me know and we can set up a time and realm.
Recently I have been back a few times to Mirror Lake helping others get the quest done and it's not making the sound now?

Am taking a break from the K world, oddly the crowd must of already moved though because it's quite vacant on the realms I have been on. I have had a few join my battles and tag a long to go though caves but not really very populated now.

Am working on and Ice wizard I have in Avalon. I also hear a level 2 myth wizard I made a while ago calling me. Have been also breaking up my time with some gardening chores and pet training that is bombing. Trying to get something out of the game that actually goes well is getting harder and harder.

Mary StarGem