Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Too easy?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 14, 2011
I also think its too easy I hope part 2 will be harder and we finally end morganthe

Explorer
Nov 11, 2012
Thunder2Hound on Nov 20, 2013 wrote:
So Khrsalis is AWESOME! no doubt about that. Love the scenery, love the plot, love everything about it... exceptttttt... that its wayyy to easy. So the companion addition is great, we have our boosted stats from companions, we're all geared up in our new hades gear, we are all set to go and have some fierce fights. I'm a storm in blackthunder with over 50% resist from pet and companion, over 400 critical, over 130% damage, almost 30% pierce, i'm ready to deal out some damage. Well, apparently I'm dealing out too much damage, I haven't died once yet and i've done the entire area solo so far (little over half way done). Let's think about that for a second though, I'm a storm who has soloed most of a map.... you know, the guys with the lowest health and resist, and haven't died once yet.... I might be crazy, but I think the bosses have lower health than they did way back when I did Azteca?? I feel like i'm just grinding through this area, there isnt any real challenge (yet at least). Minions are all the same, first round blade, second round enchanted tempest and 8k damage and dead (unless storm minions then I rely on pierce and wait one round for storm lord to kill). Bosses are all the same as well, i don't even shield since I have 50% resist, I can just punch out enough power to kill quick. I really wish the difficulty of this map could be increased. I'm not saying have all the bosses start casting ice shields every few turns, but maybe multiply their health by 1.5x or 2x even, at least for the bosses. I LOVE the companion idea in the area, but it makes us super powerful (WHICH IS AWESOME!!!) I just wish the enemies would scale up so that we were required to use this new power.

In all honesty I think we killed off stronger enemies in Azteca with no companion and with water works gear still on.
Anyway, just my 2 cents!
-Adam Seafist
Honestly....every wiz cant solo a lot of worlds or even bosses in Khy...I am death and there are bosses and fights that i can solo...but others i could not, but even though you might think Khy was easy not every wiz has good stats all around....I dont think people should keep saying Khy is easy cause we still have part 2 to look forward too and it wont stop there. I just think people should let it be.....cause when some wiz cant solo something they say its too hard and its too much but now that KI has listened and made some changes its too easy? Some people have to think that every wiz cant solo some are better working with a team and others rather solo their way through a world.

Explorer
Feb 18, 2010
I too think it is easy, except from 3v1 everywhere I turn. Still waiting to get shadow spells even though I'm max lvl (And only in lost wood)

Defender
Mar 30, 2010
sparky000052638 on Dec 8, 2013 wrote:
Well not all of the schools and wizards here have the capability and/or strength you do and it doesn't really make us feel much better about ourselves that you think everything is a walk in a park. Unfortunately for me, my stats are stuck at 83% damage, 18% resist (sometimes, 18% is my minimum depending on what gear I'm using) and 18 pierce. Critical is 180 and block is 240. Why do people like criticizing us for thinking it's too hard? Also not everybody has like, 50% resist from a pet. I like the difficulty of Khrysalis. Azteca was too hard for so many of us so we all appreciate Khrysalis not being as difficult. Azteca was horrible for me and if Khrysalis was anything like Azteca or harder I would think I would be done with questing, and I don't like worlds that seem as long as Azteca cause I get bored of it. (Though I don't like Azteca anyways even ignoring the difficulty but we all have our opinions.) Khrysalis is definitely one of my more favorite worlds and how the whole world is spaced apart into 2. For Azteca, generally I couldn't solo the bosses b/c I'm not a master at resist (unless they're death or myth, of course). For Khrysalis bosses I wouldn't actually mind more health, I just don't want them to be any stronger.

Anyways, I still respect your opinion even though ours differ greatly. (Also, I did use my WW gear all of Azteca lol cause there wasn't anything better and did kill stronger Azteca enemies.)

- Katherine lvl 95
- Katherine, lvl 51
83% damage 18% resist

Sorry but if you can make your attack that high you can lower it some for resist. No wonder you think it is hard. Are the monsters not supposed to attack and just pass every round?

I thought the old Azteca was a cake walk and my damage % wasn't near that high.

Try.

Survivor
Dec 09, 2009
No not everyone can get good stats all around. However the people that do have earned them. Either by using real money to buy gear, farming for gear, training a pet and or crafting. The last 3 anyone can do it just takes time and effort.

The biggest thing I see is people just don't know how to fight or strategize a battle. Choose the type of player you want to be. A power player or a defensive player. Then strategize your battle around it. If your defensive then get gear with defense and vice versa if your a power player. I am a power player personally. I don't like long fights so I go for big quick hits with a small deck. I use my starter deck for all boss fights in Azteca thus far. I just make my own treasure cards which everyone can do, it just once again takes time and effort. I put my made TC in my deck and in the main part of my deck I just put blades, traps, sun/Astral spells and a few heals. It works for me. Just find what works for you and battle accordingly.

Daniel Shadowflame 90

Explorer
Mar 16, 2011
I would like to point out that mobs are, in general, supposed to be easy. As a life with little damage, I have to say I love the difficulty of Khrysalis, where you can get the mobs out of the way reasonably quickly and most bosses are a fairly feasible solo, even for me, yet still as difficult as a boss should be, taking strategy, wits,and a touch of luck to overpower; and the cheating bosses don't go overboard, which is nice- the Jabberwock and the Belloqs were ridiculous.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Northlite on Dec 2, 2013 wrote:
I would rather just not comment on this worlds threads any more.

I think I too just need a break from the game in general and reassess if it really is any longer for me.

Over and out,
Mary StarGem
I understand that feeling well, Mary. I took a 3-month break last year and I'm not sure that was long enough.

Yes, I soloed almost everything in Azteca (not by choice, but because the servers are usually empty when I'm online). But the game is phasing out players like us: the kind who play for fun, who don't treat it like a full-time job, and who don't need to pvp or buy mastery amulets or solo ridiculous cheat dungeons or have every farmable spell to prove that we are the best.

In my humble opinion, I found Khrysalis easier than pre- and post-nerf Azteca. My max-level wizards are in the apiary and Tyrian Gorge, so I'm not even halfway done, but I fought battles in AZ that were harder than the 3-on-1s. Save for Xibalba, I hated every second of Azteca... I'm so glad to have all 3 of my prometheans out of there.

That said, I have no doubt that KH will only get harder, and I imagine that anyone without the best of the best stuff will need at least one other person around at any given time in order to complete the world, at which point I will likely jump ship. Not because I hate the game, but because there is no longer room for players like me.

-von

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Dr Von on Feb 3, 2014 wrote:
I understand that feeling well, Mary. I took a 3-month break last year and I'm not sure that was long enough.

Yes, I soloed almost everything in Azteca (not by choice, but because the servers are usually empty when I'm online). But the game is phasing out players like us: the kind who play for fun, who don't treat it like a full-time job, and who don't need to pvp or buy mastery amulets or solo ridiculous cheat dungeons or have every farmable spell to prove that we are the best.

In my humble opinion, I found Khrysalis easier than pre- and post-nerf Azteca. My max-level wizards are in the apiary and Tyrian Gorge, so I'm not even halfway done, but I fought battles in AZ that were harder than the 3-on-1s. Save for Xibalba, I hated every second of Azteca... I'm so glad to have all 3 of my prometheans out of there.

That said, I have no doubt that KH will only get harder, and I imagine that anyone without the best of the best stuff will need at least one other person around at any given time in order to complete the world, at which point I will likely jump ship. Not because I hate the game, but because there is no longer room for players like me.

-von
If they keep up the Companion help, I don't really see how anyone will need the best of stuff. You don't even need the best of stuff. Just bazaar gear with a good pet can make you immune to any school during the companion stages. I loved the companions, don't get me wrong. But fight a fire boss while immune to fire, then a storm while immune to storm, then death while immune to death... it does get a little boring when nothing can hurt you.