Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Those Stereotypes.

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
May 12, 2009
Hello again, Wizards! I would like to ask you a couple questions. What stereotypes do you commonly hear either about your Wizards, or other ones in general? What would you like these people, who classify certain Wizards into stereotypes, to know about the other Wizards they target?
Thank you!

~Shannon Skybreaker

Explorer
Mar 18, 2010
Well, lets see if I can classify it for all of the wizards.
Life: Healers (If they were meant to be just healers then they wouldn't have attacking spells)
Ice: Weak (No, they're not, in fact, it's good to have an ice on your team because they can hit, block, and even take hits)
Storm: Overpowered (Though I do agree they're strong, but they have low accuracy with balances out)
Balance: Not really any real "stereotype" that I can think of.
Myth: Not exactly any real "stereotype" that I can think of.
Fire: Not exactly any real "stereotype" that I can think of.
Death: Not exactly any real "stereotype" that I can think of.
If I got any wrong, please tell me. :)
-Ashley DeathFlame
Balance Level 67

Mastermind
May 12, 2009
PersonOfLife on Oct 19, 2013 wrote:
Life: Healers (If they were meant to be just healers then they wouldn't have attacking spells)
Ice: Weak (No, they're not, in fact, it's good to have an ice on your team because they can hit, block, and even take hits)
Storm: Overpowered (Though I do agree they're strong, but they have low accuracy with balances out)
-Ashley DeathFlame
Balance Level 67
Storm has gained accuracy throughout the game. What you stated about the Diviners only really seems to apply to them until a certain point.

~Shannon Skybreaker

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
PersonOfLife on Oct 19, 2013 wrote:
-Ashley DeathFlame
Balance Level 67
The life stereotype I have always defended. If you're in a team of four in tartarus, who are you going to have hit? The life, or the storm? Someone has to take care of the healing.

Ice I agree with you... Ice is pretty powerful, with two blades and a colossal, man, they can hit hard.

Storm: The accuracy thing is false. At that point in the game, both Ice and Life have lower accuracy (Assuming level 90 for these).

For stereotypes I've seen...
Balance: The support role, blades mainly. Somewhat I agree with it, just like life in tartarus. You're not going to hit, the storm is. Blade him up, buddy. Work as a team.

Myth: None here...
Fire: Nada...
Death: Nup...

Mastermind
Jun 02, 2013
Here's at least 1 for every school:
: Are always healers. (Nope, they can solo easy)
: Is the worst. (It is stated clearly all schools are equal)
: Is unbalanced with swap spells (It's what makes them special, so it's ok)
: Dominates PvP. (Sure, they don't have a specific shield, but, once again, balanced schools.)
: Is overpowered. (Note the low accuracy and health)
: Sucks. (Nope, they have a ton of defense, and good spells too.)
: Is the best school. (Once again, they're balanced. This stereotype probably comes from the large # of people who are Fire.)

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
SoupWizard64 on Oct 22, 2013 wrote:
: Dominates PvP. (Sure, they don't have a specific shield, but, once again, balanced schools.)
: Is the best school. (Once again, they're balanced. This stereotype probably comes from the large # of people who are Fire.)
Honestly, I have heard little or no mention of these particular stereotypes, although the life stereotype I've heard plenty. Myth could be considered the worst school for 4v4, simply because their attacks are weaker base damage than any other schools, and earthquake can easily be used by other schools. Death I have generally heard of it as either a critical or plague spam school. Balance is often considered a critical mana burn and supernova spam school, which is not entirely inaccurate. Storm I have heard mixed things about. Some people consider it the worst school for pvp, some the best. Ice is always considered a tank. Fire is not always considered a very good school, since its damage has not really gone up since the waterworks, and ice's resist makes it weaker. Just some stereotypes I've heard about the different schools in pvp.

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2012
No Stereotypes for fire? Ahem, ahem 'Fire is The Worst School' thread.

Fire:
Worst school (DOT isn't speical anymore, every school has at least one.)
Worthless
Challanging (Aren't They All?!?!)
Etc, Etc.

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
SoupWizard64 on Oct 22, 2013 wrote:
first off all everyone thinks storm is weak and ice is overpowered second of all if you don't have a pet thats hatched a lot you cannot solo (well at least not until forest lord i am one level away on my life) third of all this is not the ravenwood commons shannon next time you want to talk about something like this post there not in the ideas category

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
Stereotypes are bogus. I don't even listen to them anymore.

From experience, here are the weaknesses I see. They all have to do with not thinking about teamwork and using spells to help others.

painfully slow to hit, doesn't shield others often enough
selfish, think they have to kill all in one hit, tries to hit too often instead of supporting
selfish because they don't want to die
shares with others, but slow to hit
shares with others, but slow to hit
tries to hit too often instead of supporting
shares with others, usually not allowed to hit