Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Aquila gear-a blessing of a curse?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 07, 2012
I understand that as the idea of the new Promethean gear reached the advanced player's minds, they were probably very excited, as I was, but honestly, I am rethinking this whole idea. I have been farming Aquila for a while now and I've come to notice that there are a lot of people who are focused solely on finding all the gear. I know one of my friends that farmed Tartarus every day for a month (pretty much all day) only to find one of the unseen lord's gear and no amulets or other gear, he had plenty of senators gear however, his backpack was filled after every day of farming. Basically what I'm trying to say is that my friend has made it his dream to find all the gear and I'm worried for him because it's all he does anymore. To be quite honest, what's the point in making the gear if you will never get it? I myself have done the dungeon 150+ times, and I have everything but the Unseen lord's hat and any amulets, so I hate to see how my friend is taking it, because as far as I know anymore he is spending all his free time in that dungeon to get gear that he will probably never find. So if they actually wanted the people to spend their time farming for gear that has only a 1% chance of acquiring, they did the right thing, but if they wanted the players to have the gear, (which I am assuming is the reason they made it) they should make it easier to get. Once you get it I am sure you are happy and great, but when you see a friend waste his life on that, it makes you think if it's worth it. I for one love the gear, but I don't think it's worth the effort because of the nearly impossible chance of getting any one of the pieces. I'd like to hear what you think on the subject, is it really worth the trouble? Or would it be more productive to increase the chances of getting it.

Level 90 Patrick Dragoneyes