Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is This A Good School Combo?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 23, 2013
Balance as Main
Life as Secondary

I've just started playing and I don't know, I chose it because it looked like nobody used it, so I'm going to give it a try, does anyone know if it's good?

Defender
Jul 21, 2010
Noooooo!!!! I myself am main balance secondary life, and I hate it! I rarely use the life spells because they are mostly healing. If I heal I use fairie (everyone gets at the end of unicorn way) or helping hands ( a 3 pip heal over time balance spell). I also rarely use the attack spells because I don't have a mastery amulet. Here are some better balance combos:

-Morgan Legendheart, level 48 balance, dragonspyre, the drake hatchery

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
GersonEEC on Sep 30, 2013 wrote:
Balance as Main
Life as Secondary

I've just started playing and I don't know, I chose it because it looked like nobody used it, so I'm going to give it a try, does anyone know if it's good?
Balance gets a pretty well rounded array of spells along the way. I chose none as my secondary until I got to Celestia for the Sun fists and did them at lvl 50.

Balance wizards have da hands if they need to support a team, you get a 3 pip version and then later on a 4 pip version. I use Treasure cards as a fill in for Spirtes etc as needed.

Mid lvl you will start to get more power pips so any out of school spells end up costing to much to cast unless you have the master amulet for that school.

Balance is an excellent support school if that is what you are aiming for. If you are going to solo sandstorm and Judgement are you go to spells, Spectacular Blast for Balance bosses. Later on you get a lot more spells to add to the mix.

Mary Gem lvl 90

Defender
Nov 17, 2012
Balance as Main
Life as Secondary

From what I've heard and experienced, when it comes to Balance this is one of the best combos.

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
Balance gets good healing spells, so save your training points. You don't really need a second school. You will want Astral enchantments when you get to higher levels. Beyond that it depends how you are going to play. Balance is great for team support, so I usually pick up dispels but not damage from other schools. Some people like an off school attack-all for fighting balance mobs, but unless you have a mastery it's hard to use that.

Survivor
Sep 23, 2013
Community Leader
Balance as Main
Life as Secondary

I actually think that is a very good combo. Main thing to remember though, is it cost extra pips to use a second school unless you have a mastery amulet. I actually went with Death as my second on my balance, because I had the amulet. :) It seems to be working rather well.

Delver
Mar 10, 2009
My balance is life second and I am having a blast. Not only am I very useful for my friends as I can support them really well, I can also heal them too. Makes me very popular

Defender
Jan 22, 2012
I don't think so. Save your points! When you get to Celestia, if you haven't had a secondary school you can train in lots, if not all, the astral spells, which are very handy. If you want to PVP you may want to visit Diego the Duelmaster and train in his spells, and maybe some of Dworgyn's. Judging by the other comments I guess this is probably one of the better ways to go.
Sierra Ashblood, Transcendent

Survivor
Sep 23, 2013
I would prefer to use and but that's your choice. i'm a and im going pretty good. Have fun!!!

Survivor
Jun 16, 2013
This isn't about balance but because we're on the topic of secondary schools I was wondering if and
is a good combo?

Amy Lifesong, adept theurgist, lvl 20,

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Autumn Nightblood on Oct 11, 2013 wrote:
This isn't about balance but because we're on the topic of secondary schools I was wondering if and
is a good combo?

My Life wizard did Death to Feint because you do not get any all around spells until level 58 so I used Feint to sort of speed one hit fights. I only used it for Boss fights and mainly starting in mid Mooshu. At level 50 you can get Jewel of Feint or you can always buy Treasure cards of it to try it out and they put less of a trap on you.

I got the tri blade from Niles and started the Sun spells in Celestia. I had done Balance but later dropped them when I started to get power pips more, I made up training points by doing all the quests that gave them.

Our Death wizard does the tri blades then the Sun spells only. You can opt for stun block from Diego and maybe reshuffle from the trainer on Colossus Blvd. if you run a short deck though the game.

On my other wizards I carry a TC of a 1 pip sprite to give to others that may get low that join my battle.

Delver
Mar 10, 2009
Autumn Nightblood on Oct 11, 2013 wrote:
is a good combo?

I wouldn't think so because every death friend I have never needs healing from me because they always keep them selves healed with their damage spells that heal them too.

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
Balance as Main
Life as Secondary

Yes, only if you get a life mastery amulet. Yea, with the amulet life you should train it, and also ice to tower, death to feint, sun to colossal and some auras that you like. No such thing as just one secondary school gotta make it, but don't train to the max, also if you are a lower level below celestia, disregard the and try to get enough training points to get the spells you need. Also only train life to satyr.

Defender
Apr 07, 2011
Balance as Main
Life as Secondary

That is a very good combo if you have a life mastery amulet. You can buy one from item shop, or farm for it in waterworks, tower of helephant, aquila (exalted version). You should consider or . Myth is useful because of earthquake, death gives a great support power with feint, infection and doom & gloom. Death is better than myth, because you don't even need an amulet to make it effective. Non-spirit schools are not working good for balance, only tower shield is a must have from those schools.

so my pick is between and . That is real balanced, like yin & yang. lol

Survivor
Nov 12, 2011
I actually recommend not even using a secondary school because it is only useful up to a certain level and you will also need the mastery amulet for the school to even be able to use the high pip spells. If you get the mastery amulet you also lose the health bonus from the amulet you would get if you didnt have mastery. I regret getting a secondary on my promethean storm because i dont remember the last time I used spells from that school. It is much more efficient to use those training points on shields, stun blocks, etc.

Explorer
Jun 24, 2011
train death to feint, life to sprite, sun to colossal, and a few training points remain for other spells.

Delver
Dec 18, 2009
Northlite on Oct 1, 2013 wrote:
Balance gets a pretty well rounded array of spells along the way. I chose none as my secondary until I got to Celestia for the Sun fists and did them at lvl 50.

Balance wizards have da hands if they need to support a team, you get a 3 pip version and then later on a 4 pip version. I use Treasure cards as a fill in for Spirtes etc as needed.

Mid lvl you will start to get more power pips so any out of school spells end up costing to much to cast unless you have the master amulet for that school.

Balance is an excellent support school if that is what you are aiming for. If you are going to solo sandstorm and Judgement are you go to spells, Spectacular Blast for Balance bosses. Later on you get a lot more spells to add to the mix.

Mary Gem lvl 90
I agree,
Balance is one of the best schools because you can do it solo or in a group. For example, death isn't a very good group school but life isn't a very good solo school. Because of this, it really doesn't matter what spells you train in out of school. Just save your pips up and use them in Celestia and you'll be fine.

Survivor
Jun 29, 2012
I love the combo! I use it. Yes, balance does get Helping hands, but it is over time, and Saytr heals way more, for only one more pip, which you can get from life.

Survivor
May 21, 2011
Balance and Life are both great schools for a main, but for a secondary they are definitely not that good (Unless of course, you have a mastery amulet.) I have a main Balance with secondary Death, and I love it. Nothing like using a Judgement with full pips stacked with a feint, hex, balance blade, and blade storm. It sure makes soloing the game a whole lot easier.

Explorer
Jun 10, 2012
The secondary school combo depends on your fighting style. My fighting style is build up your spells and try to get one really powerful hit to kill your enemy. This is recommendations for fighting style:

Storm: obliviate your enemies. I personally recommend this. I found it as the most useful secondary school.
Fire: Less power than school but more accuracy. If you're in situations that your spells matter if you live or not, fire is more trustworthy than storm
Ice: Train up to tower shield, then pick a different school. I haven't tried this as a secondary school yet, but i don't think it is a very powerful secondary.
Myth: I haven't tried this a secondary, so i can't say anything. (Myth is my favorite master school though)
Life: GO FOR THE HEALING!!! The healing helps a lot, especially in group fights. (And it saves you from annoying deaths)
Death: I have this secondary on my fire wizard. The faint spell is BOSS but it serves as a weak backup for me
Balance: My mom tried this on her death wizard. At first it was really powerful, then she said that she wished she chose a different school as she got a higher level.

A little bit of all: Train in all schools until your reach 4 power spells and/or really useful spells like healing, faint, tower shield, and weakness. You don't have to spend as much time gaining pips and you just widdle away at your enemies. (If your are in a same school situation)

Hope this helps
~AngelcatDemondog

Survivor
Dec 21, 2011
I myself am doing a and combo and it has worked out for the boss fights that none if my friends helped me on and i could heal myself vary good

Survivor
Dec 23, 2012
for a full dungeon I have been wondering what is best possible team.
but I came up with what I thought was the best here it is.
or
because I mean fire and storm are good attacking schools right?

Fred SpiritHunter 90 ice

Survivor
Jun 16, 2013
Northlite on Oct 11, 2013 wrote:
My Life wizard did Death to Feint because you do not get any all around spells until level 58 so I used Feint to sort of speed one hit fights. I only used it for Boss fights and mainly starting in mid Mooshu. At level 50 you can get Jewel of Feint or you can always buy Treasure cards of it to try it out and they put less of a trap on you.

I got the tri blade from Niles and started the Sun spells in Celestia. I had done Balance but later dropped them when I started to get power pips more, I made up training points by doing all the quests that gave them.

Our Death wizard does the tri blades then the Sun spells only. You can opt for stun block from Diego and maybe reshuffle from the trainer on Colossus Blvd. if you run a short deck though the game.

On my other wizards I carry a TC of a 1 pip sprite to give to others that may get low that join my battle.
ok thanks, btw i'm lvl 25 now:)

Amy LifeSong, lvl 25,