Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The Spiral's Largest Worlds

AuthorMessage
Historian
May 06, 2009
I came to notice something while scrolling through the Zone Pricing page. In terms of how many areas the worlds hold...

Did you know Krokotopia is Wizard101's largest world with 20 areas to date?

Then Wizard City comes behind Krokotopia with 18 (19 as of next month) areas of whismy and lore?

Avalon has 15 massive areas to wonder through.

Marleybone currently holds 14 areas of old-fashion dectecive work.

Dragonspyre, Celestia, and Azteca all include 13 areas of pressing and mysterious experiences.

Mooshu and Zafaria include 12 areas to explore (making them both the smallest world of the 2 main arcs)

Seperate Grizzlehiem stands at 9 and Wintertusk 6, but combined create a 15 area experience.

Aquila, while placed as a Zone is techincally it's own World with seperate theme, music, characters, story, etc. ( basically just a world extending Cyclops Lane. It does make a prominent role of the Pirate101 story), hails 4 areas of rewarding challenges.

Dead last remains...Wysteria with only 3 areas.

I was personally rather shocked to find out Krokotopia remains Wizard101's largest world to date. Do you think KI will ever make a world as big as it?

Delver
Mar 10, 2009
Nice research there, well done. Fascinating info. A very Vadima worthy list.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
Wait 19 upon next month?
Are you referring to that Dworgn quest that was out early for a moment

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
Cunning Finnigan S... on Sep 24, 2013 wrote:
I came to notice something while scrolling through the Zone Pricing page. In terms of how many areas the worlds hold...

Then Wizard City comes behind Krokotopia with 18 (19 as of next month) areas of whismy and lore?

Dragonspyre, Celestia, and Azteca all include 13 areas of pressing and mysterious experiences.

Mooshu and Zafaria include 12 areas to explore (making them both the smallest world of the 2 main arcs)

Seperate Grizzlehiem stands at 9 and Wintertusk 6, but combined create a 15 area experience.

Aquila, while placed as a Zone is techincally it's own World with seperate theme, music, characters, story, etc. ( basically just a world extending Cyclops Lane. It does make a prominent role of the Pirate101 story), hails 4 areas of rewarding challenges.

I was personally rather shocked to find out Krokotopia remains Wizard101's largest world to date. Do you think KI will ever make a world as big as it?
Wow, I would of never guessed that Krok was the largest.

Mastermind
Jun 02, 2013
Well... I noticed that Krokotopia is a bit long... and that Mooshu was extremely short. Right now I'm in Dragonspyre.

Mastermind
Dec 05, 2012
woah! I thought krokotpia was like the smallest world!

Historian
May 06, 2009
Rachel Dreamsong on Sep 25, 2013 wrote:
Wait 19 upon next month?
Are you referring to that Dworgn quest that was out early for a moment
Yes, I am. What did you think what was going to be behind that gate in the Haunted Cave would still be considered part of the Haunted Cave? I'm sure it will get it's own Map and Story line (and price tag...)

Defender
Nov 17, 2012
Blaze Deathward on Sep 29, 2013 wrote:
woah! I thought krokotpia was like the smallest world!
Really? For me Krokotopia was loooooong and hard and grueling. It took me forever. I spent more time on Krok than on Wizard City and Mooshu combined (bit of an exaggeration).

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2012
Wow.... Celestia and Azteca were always the longest in my book.....

Defender
Oct 21, 2010

Wow, I'm surprised at how large Krok is, i would've guessed either Wizard City or Celestia to be the largest.

I wonder if Wizard City will ever surpass Krok within the coming years...

-See Ya In The Spiral!!

Julia DragonLeaf

Survivor
Nov 12, 2011

What is even more surprising imo is that Krokotopia is 75 more crowns than Azteca, even though the price of azteca is almost twice as high as krok. This means that Krokotopia is the most expensive world in the game (not including GH because it is optional).

Hero
Nov 14, 2010

aquila is part of wizardcity whether you like that they made it so or not so wizardcity has 20 areas too

Historian
May 06, 2009
critical blizzard on Oct 15, 2013 wrote:
aquila is part of wizardcity whether you like that they made it so or not so wizardcity has 20 areas too
I don't consider Aquila apart of Wizard City. While it's contected to and calls for access through Wizard City, it does not mean it belongs to Wizard City's street cluster. Aquila is it's own, set world. It's just acting as an extension for Wizard City in our game.
For one thing, during the first quest to Aquila, every NPC called it "the world of Aquila" making it distinctly detached from Wizard City. Also it's its own world in Pirate101 and the little island reuses many models (such as the Eagle Nymphs, Eagle Hoplites, Immortals, Orpheus, and Ophidians) and the actual sky design found in Pirate101 Aquila. It's the same world, but we are in a different area. Aquila includes it's own Hub and the one thing that makes any world a world, is if it has a hub. If it doesn't, then it's not a world. The Garden of Hesperides auto heals you, and has a plethera of mana wisps and not a health wisp in sight; a feature only found in Hubs.
The Immortals over see the Eagles, Hawks, Vultures, and Ophidians inhabiting Pirate101 Aquila, making them more inclined for that side of the realm (not Wizard City). They make a big appearance in Pirate101's Aquila story.
Also if you go to the Zone Pricing page, Aquila has it's own page. It is not clustered with Wizard City, making it another reason it's its own place.
Again, I don't think just because Aquila is accessed through Wizard City, means Aquila is it's part of it. Aquila is it's own world.

-P.S. to all readers- I'd like to correct myself about that 19 area thing with Wizard City. I assumed the Halloween quest included a new street. My misconception. Anyway, I'd like to clear the air and just confirm Wizard City still stands at 18 areas.