Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Atlantea and why its a waste of our time

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 30, 2011
Lets all be honest at level 70 and above we only do Atlantea because we need to finish a quest and head off to Tartarus. The gear of this dungeon is certainly not worth farming due to its weak damage and resist and accuracy and pretty much everything. The only good part of this set is the boots and they are only good if you like to have lots of block rating and even then you will just replace them 2 levels later. There are also no good level 70 rings or athames that drop in here or a deck or even a wand. with all these facts combined its no wonder no one farms atlantea except for the squid and only 3 pieces of lvl 70 gear are on w101 central wiki.

Champion
Jun 30, 2009
bran4971 on Sep 6, 2013 wrote:
Lets all be honest at level 70 and above we only do Atlantea because we need to finish a quest and head off to Tartarus. The gear of this dungeon is certainly not worth farming due to its weak damage and resist and accuracy and pretty much everything. The only good part of this set is the boots and they are only good if you like to have lots of block rating and even then you will just replace them 2 levels later. There are also no good level 70 rings or athames that drop in here or a deck or even a wand. with all these facts combined its no wonder no one farms atlantea except for the squid and only 3 pieces of lvl 70 gear are on w101 central wiki.
Atlantea in my opinion rocks! I agree with you in part, because the Sand Squid (Kraken) is the only one of the 3 side L90 gear quests that is annoying.

For all the trouble you will have to go through to earn the Immortal Deck with a cool Fire Giant (650 AoE), the nerve-racking battle of spammed earthquakes by each part of the squid will make your aggression rise real quick.

Its not as bad as it seems in Atalantea, just keeps you on your toes a bit, as well as many nail-biting scenarios.

Timothy Pearlflower, L90

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
bran4971 on Sep 6, 2013 wrote:
I only planned on farming Atlantea for the Harpy pet, but I got it on my first go and haven't gone back. But I'm level 90, so I only care about getting to Tartarus for my gear.

-v.

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
The Squid side boss has a few cool drops. Other than that Atlantea is a waste. It's fun to do once or twice but it takes a long time and the gear is bad so I won't be farming it.

Explorer
Jun 15, 2009
please make dropable ice where that is not card pack bought, i define as many people do, "gaming" as fighting a monster or solving a puzzle for an item, ice likes resistance, what is jade mystery armor equivalent not dropped from places like this for all schools?

anyone else remember play to win?
i remember when the NES was new lol

just saying, gaming item, challenging area, better drops, some of our lvl 60 stuff it running laps around the new wares, and other things not be fought for? :S

i am on many games, i am just asking a logical question