Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

5th year anniversary gifts

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 20, 2010
First, I'd like to congratulate you and everyone in the wizard101 team for the 5th anniversary and hope it keeps going for much longer !

My problem though is with the rewards given according to the date of creation of the accounts. Your idea of giving rewards is in my opinion a 50/50 positive/negative scenario because as it rewards players for loyalty it's also frustrating for others (like in my case) because just because of date of creation, we are forced to settle with a lesser reward and seriously why ?

Back then, I made my account on January 20th 2010 because I saw an add about your game and decided to join, having seen the add earlier on (lack of advertisement) I would've joined before and would've earned the 5th year reward (the red dragon mount) instead of a auric dragon statue that I am now forced to be satisfied with. We're talking about only 4 months, because I didn't want to join before ? no, because I didn't even know the game existed and now I have to deal with ALOT of players just flying around in the mount I would have very much loved (and appreciate) to get right in my face, to be honest, it makes me feel bad and put down.

The idea to give rewards is great and is much appreciated but in some cases (I'd say quite a few), it's just penalizing players just because it's based on a certain specific date and not how the players actually HELPED the game go on by example: buying crowns and stuff.

It would be awesome if you guys actually saw this through and gave it some thought because to be honest, I find it a bit frustrating and insulting as it is now even though it's all in good intention.

I hope you guys realize and appreciate what some players(I'm just an example btw, there are many others like me) did for the game by supporting you by buying a lot of crowns, it would be fun to get some recognition in some way, in this particular case, the mount that I missed by 4 months...

I thank you for your time, understanding and consideration and I wish you many more years of success !

All the best !

Defender
Jan 03, 2013
I agree entirely, I am sorry Wizard101 but I removed my membership starting September 13th because of his point. Players who put much time and effort into the game don't get the "proper" respect. I pay hundreds and hundreds a month to the game but feel like I haven't got "props". Also I have put down repeatedly that maybe they should have like a loyalty program. The exact response I got is, it would ruin the vision of the game. Well news flash, that vision is being supported by my wanting to play the game.
Point coming to this 5th anniversary event, I am very glad you are celebrating it and giving us items, however. The discrimination used to provide the items is not fair. I was very disappointed to learn we can only get a housing item when people from long ago get a mount, which is actual use to the game. I would like to see fair use of this event and put the exact items they are providing in the crown shop. I don't mind the cost but the fact its not provided to us, is like discrimination among the newer players.
Again, im glad this is happening. But it needs serious work for me to shell out cash again.

Kane DeathBringer Level 90 Death

Delver
Feb 25, 2013
Yeah, I joined in February 2013 and I am so jealous of the awesomely epic mounts the others get.

Delver
Mar 10, 2009
Are you guys really serious? These items are given to you for free and you are still whining and complaining. The speciality items are given as a reward for players who have supported the game for the longest time. A reward for the customers who have been there, using the game for the longest times. It is reward based on effort or time served. For a job well done. Yet you are whining and claiming you are being discriminated against because you are a newer player. Sigh it is this kind of entitlement thinking that is really destroying our society. You think you are entitled to everything whether you did the work or not. This is the kind of thinking that gives 'participation' trophies to all players so they won't 'feel bad' for not winning anything and in the process it cheapens the perceived value of the true trophy for the winner that worked the hardest. Some schools are now removing rewards given to hard working students so the ones not getting a reward won't 'feel bad'.
Well it is ridiculous Hard work Should be rewarded and those that did not do the work should not be able to whine discrimination because they did not get a reward that they did nothing to earn. Whining discrimination to new players really cheapens the work the older players have put into the game and that is not fair to them. Stop thinking of only yourself and what you want and step back and realize that in real life you are rewarded for hard work and will not be given everything you want just because you feel bad. This kind of entitlement tantrum throwing just makes you look selfish. If you did the job you deserve the reward, if you did not, stop whining because you want it too. I did not get the beta items or pre game items because I wasn't playing then. I don't deserve those perks because I wasn't there and I am not complaining. Sure they are cool but I didn't earn them and it would be a lie for me to flaunt what I have not earned. Please grow up and just accept that you get what you earn.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
If I read the top 2 post correctly, one is stating they missed the mount due to lack of KI advertising and one feels the mount is due them because they pay hundreds of dollars a month to the game?

In the end it's possible they both are complaining about how much they "choose" to invest in the game and feel that qualified them for the mount? If you don't already have a mount you like you must be spending your money wrong. If it's discrimination to base things on a start date isn't it still discrimination to go by how much you spend on the game?

Clearly they have no concept on how much of an actual celebration is going on and how much KI is "comping" players.

Gifts are spread though out the spiral, thousands of gift codes where given to fan sites. None of this depends on your start date.

How about looking at it this way - the people who got the mount were the ones that kept the game going long enough so we could play it when you got here?

Survivor
Nov 30, 2010
I have a different problem. I'm not sure as to when I created my account so I'm not sure which prize I would have received, IF I even got one. After activating the code to my account I then logged on, only to find just the confetti cannon. I'm curious as to why I didn't receive another gift because I'm pretty sure I made my account before September 30th of this year

Joshua Firecaster

Survivor
Jan 22, 2013
Guys, I don't know why you are all complaining. I mean even though we didn't get the mount, there is no reason to complain. The mount is just one of the amazing things KI has offered us. I personally love the mount, but I joined in January 2013. Even if you don't have it, it's nothing to throw a temper tantrum over lol.
Kane, you stated that you have devoted so much time into this game, yet your quitting just because you didn't get some silly mount? You all need to understand that this is just a game! It's not real life! I really do love this game, but it's nothing you should be getting upset over. Look at it this way, this is just one of loads of mounts KI has given us. Mounts were made for our characters to get around faster, not for some fashion show! Even if you didn't get the mount, everyone got this really awesome confetti cannon that actually shoots out confetti . Well I'm getting back to Azteca to go fight some more fierce quetzal in saltmeadow swamp lol. See you in the Spiral

Grace Silverdust Level 88

Survivor
Jun 29, 2013
well my friend found a war oni pet in the oaiss and i am so jelousall i got was pet snacks yours truely katieice petallevel 37

Defender
Sep 14, 2010
I can't believe people are complaining and actually quitting the game because you didn't get the gift you wanted. If I remembered the password to my first account I made back in '08, I would have gotten the mount (or whatever great gift there was) but I'm perfectly content with this account and the pioneer dragon statue I got with it. There is (or was... ?) a Wizard101 Central "Everyone's a Winner" contest and as long as you had an account and your email address was valid, you won an exclusive danger hound pet, free crowns, and an umbra blade. Just because wizard101 didn't have as much money back in '08 and '09 to constantly advertise the game doesn't mean you're entitled to a mount. I'm sorry if I'm being harsh, it's just that Kingsisle works very hard to make this game great, and they're being exceedingly generous towards us, the gamers, by giving us free stuff- and you're complaining about it.

On a more positive note, I'm very happy to say that I've been with this game since the beginning (on another account, switched to this one 2 years later) and I've seen this game grow and change, with the addition of the Pet Pavilion, the retirement of spells and gear (astral clothing, anyone?), and the 2nd arc; and I still love this game just like I did when I first started! Cheers to 5 more years

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2011
How about....
Be thankful you are getting free items and not complain?

Defender
Aug 20, 2008
Ranger1D - You can just look at your name on your posting here in this thread. That "joined" date is the date you joined the game. Likewise, if you are logged in at the official website when you click through to the fifth anniversary description page, it will show you your start date so that you can see what you would qualify for.

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Sep 2, 2013 wrote:
Are you guys really serious? These items are given to you for free and you are still whining and complaining. The speciality items are given as a reward for players who have supported the game for the longest time. A reward for the customers who have been there, using the game for the longest times. It is reward based on effort or time served. For a job well done. Yet you are whining and claiming you are being discriminated against because you are a newer player. Sigh it is this kind of entitlement thinking that is really destroying our society. You think you are entitled to everything whether you did the work or not. This is the kind of thinking that gives 'participation' trophies to all players so they won't 'feel bad' for not winning anything and in the process it cheapens the perceived value of the true trophy for the winner that worked the hardest. Some schools are now removing rewards given to hard working students so the ones not getting a reward won't 'feel bad'.
Well it is ridiculous Hard work Should be rewarded and those that did not do the work should not be able to whine discrimination because they did not get a reward that they did nothing to earn. Whining discrimination to new players really cheapens the work the older players have put into the game and that is not fair to them. Stop thinking of only yourself and what you want and step back and realize that in real life you are rewarded for hard work and will not be given everything you want just because you feel bad. This kind of entitlement tantrum throwing just makes you look selfish. If you did the job you deserve the reward, if you did not, stop whining because you want it too. I did not get the beta items or pre game items because I wasn't playing then. I don't deserve those perks because I wasn't there and I am not complaining. Sure they are cool but I didn't earn them and it would be a lie for me to flaunt what I have not earned. Please grow up and just accept that you get what you earn.
I 100% agree with this. I got the golden dragon statue and I actually think that the statue is better than the mount. I am happy with what I got, and make the best out of it. You didn't make your account back then, which means you were not playing at the time so you do not deserve the mount, simple as that. What happened to the posts saying thanks kingsisle for my reward, now all we have is people arguing with kingsisle because they are jealous of what other people got. I would like to repeat chrissy th'blesser that this is free! How the heck can you be sitting there pouting and typing this whining post on Kingsisle's message boards. What if you got nothing? What if the golden statue was taken away from you? I almost don't want to see your reaction. You sound like a spoiled wizard who always get's everything you want by whining about it. The post above pretty much is how I feel, so no need to type more.

Survivor
Jan 20, 2010
Hi all !

Seems no one actually READ what I wrote, sad !

Just because I Couldn't (not didn't or didn't want to) make my account before means I don't (deserve it)???

I joined this game back then because I saw an add about it, not because I had a vision in my dreams ! Having seen that add before, I would've gotten it! The fact that someone is one month or 4 months (older) doesn't make that person better in any ways, that's just childish thinking !

Please read my original message and try to understand what I'm trying to say in it (even if you don't agree with it, that's fine) but at the very least read it or try to understand my point of view.

There is complaining for no reasons and there is constructive arguments (which is what I'm doing), the fact that my opinion differs from others doesn't make my point any less valid or equal or important.

If you read my post, I actually thanked KI for the gift and I also clearly wrote that it was appreciated. I also wrote that their idea was great but I also gave my way of thinking about it that could've made their idea even better and even more appreciated (in my opinion), that's what we call a nuance).

I respect the others for their opinion (even if I don't agree with them), t'would be fun to have the same from others! Seeing a few posts here makes me wonder.......

Thx for your time and especially understanding !

Happy hunting !

Champion
Jan 27, 2010
LOL I know it sucks but you can't be mad I also just missed the dead line for a free mount but hey my wizard has a good set of feet to get around on too and you could also just save up a lot of gold for one from the crowns shop which is what I'm currently doing

Delver
Mar 10, 2009
HikaruMidomiya on Sep 8, 2013 wrote:
Hi all !

Seems no one actually READ what I wrote, sad !

Just because I Couldn't (not didn't or didn't want to) make my account before means I don't (deserve it)???

I joined this game back then because I saw an add about it, not because I had a vision in my dreams ! Having seen that add before, I would've gotten it! The fact that someone is one month or 4 months (older) doesn't make that person better in any ways, that's just childish thinking !

Please read my original message and try to understand what I'm trying to say in it (even if you don't agree with it, that's fine) but at the very least read it or try to understand my point of view.

There is complaining for no reasons and there is constructive arguments (which is what I'm doing), the fact that my opinion differs from others doesn't make my point any less valid or equal or important.

If you read my post, I actually thanked KI for the gift and I also clearly wrote that it was appreciated. I also wrote that their idea was great but I also gave my way of thinking about it that could've made their idea even better and even more appreciated (in my opinion), that's what we call a nuance).

I respect the others for their opinion (even if I don't agree with them), t'would be fun to have the same from others! Seeing a few posts here makes me wonder.......

Thx for your time and especially understanding !

Happy hunting !
HikaruMidomiya, I hear you and did read what you said. There has to be a cut off point at some point and people are gonna fall into either side of it. KI just happened to use their birthday as that point, which is very apropo.
What makes this sad is that you are blaming them for their advertising that you did not get your mount. Those ads had been out for quite a while and it is not their fault that you didn't watch them. I never saw any of the ads when I joined. A neighbor of mine was playing and wanted a questing partner besides her grandson who was too young to read and asked me to start playing with her. So I got on without seeing any advertising what so ever. Blaming them for their advertising just isn't right. There will be people that miss the date no matter where they put it. That is just a fact of life. The ones that got the mount are not any better than the ones that did not. It is only a matter of timing, not value. You seem to be taking it rather personal that you did not get one. You are not any less valued a player than I am. It was chance that got you started and it was the same with me. I just happened to get invited sooner.
You want them to give you one because you spend a lot of crowns. You don't think I haven't? If they did it your way then people would be complaining that they are favoring the rich players, which would not be fair at all. The gifts are in appreciation for When we joined. Not who we are. Chance has a lot to do with when we joined, not a lack of advertising or that fact that you didn't see the advertising that was already there. Complaining about chance is a bit like spinning your wheels in deep mud. you aren't gonna get anywhere and are just going to fling mud around on everything. It is what it is and it is Not KingsIsle's fault. Some things in life we will not get our way in and you just gotta shake it off and go on and enjoy the game that we all love. Placing blame because you did not get your way, constructive or not, will not change things with the exception that you hit a big red button in a lot of folks and they responded appropriately.
So, let it go and let's go have some fun on our beloved game.

Survivor
Oct 18, 2010
I get it's frustrating, but I'm thankful for getting anything at all haha that's just my viewpoint.