Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hoarding...am I the only one?

AuthorMessage
Illuminator
May 22, 2009
I run two accounts. My main account has 6 promethean wizards. All of them garden along with pet training. I have lost count of all the times I have maxed out on gold. Recently my death wizard bought the Red Barn Farm along with some new furniture packs. That knocked her gold down to a measly 114,000 (very low for me).

Now, how do I get gold? Did I sell any of the 999 rock and roll candy, 999 star lollipops, or 999 PBJ snacks in my shared bank? Did i sell some of the 300 plus sandstone and pearls she is carrying around because there is already 999 in shared bank? Of course not! I have been farming a few bosses for items to sell.

My other wizards are near max gold with items they can easily pass through shared bank including more of the snacks already mentioned. Still, I don't pass the things along choosing to hoard snacks, reagents, and other items.

Yes, I am a hoarder. Are you?

Mastermind
Feb 06, 2010
No but you are very successful is what I'll say. 999 rock and roll candy? Crazy but awesome .

Survivor
Oct 07, 2012
I too am a Wizard 101 hoarder...lol, I garden and pet train and I farm the heck out of bosses too...I'm not at max gold yet but I WILL get there, then I will spend down buying up reagents I might be light on so I can build up more...but don't feel bad, in a game like this it's the sensible thing to do, at least, that's what I keep telling myself!

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
If you have 6 level 90 wizards and seriously garden & craft you don't have to hoard to max gold and storage, in fact it's hard not to. Why KI thinks it makes sense to have a game that involves collecting things but not give us enough room to keep them is beyond me. Seeds need to stack and our gold, bank, and pack limits need to go up with level. A lot.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
I am but I find some times it's excessive and I do clean stuff out now and then. I use newly created wizards to sell off useless stuff so they can buy gear early on. Actually there is no challenge in the game this way though because from the start they are geared the best, have at least a spritely pet and a mount to get around on.

I find being a hoarder is a lot of work. I am constantly sliding stuff around. I don't craft much but I do tend to keep some things just in case.

Gear is my biggest hoard, now I narrow down what I will have plenty of gold for on another wizard so really don't need to save this or that, I save dropped crown gear. I use the bank on my first wizard also. By Celestia I have a castle/house, current gear, worked some on a pet and am still at max gold level. I think from here on in I am going to "buy the farm" on all my wizards and that way any could plant and I will always have room for winnings and decorating if I want. Currently I have the original bundle castle on my main wizard and the farm on another high level one, all the rest used to get the Playhouse because I found that just the right size for temporary wizards.

I can also admit that I re-buy some stuff and then find I already had it or something better - ugh. I feed a lot of stuff to pets. I used to manage stuff across 4 accounts but the kids dropped off so now I am down to only 2.

Explorer
Mar 30, 2011
My goodness this is awesome! hoarders must be really cool and 6 pomtheans YOU RULE!

Champion
Jun 30, 2009
Hannah Lifebringer on Aug 16, 2013 wrote:
I run two accounts. My main account has 6 promethean wizards. All of them garden along with pet training. I have lost count of all the times I have maxed out on gold. Recently my death wizard bought the Red Barn Farm along with some new furniture packs. That knocked her gold down to a measly 114,000 (very low for me).

Now, how do I get gold? Did I sell any of the 999 rock and roll candy, 999 star lollipops, or 999 PBJ snacks in my shared bank? Did i sell some of the 300 plus sandstone and pearls she is carrying around because there is already 999 in shared bank? Of course not! I have been farming a few bosses for items to sell.

My other wizards are near max gold with items they can easily pass through shared bank including more of the snacks already mentioned. Still, I don't pass the things along choosing to hoard snacks, reagents, and other items.

Ok. Quick question: How is it possible to have max gold and what happens to the extra gold when you max it out? I've done this once and lost my extra gold.

Timothy Pearlflower, L90

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
Promethean oxnhors... on Aug 26, 2013 wrote:
Ok. Quick question: How is it possible to have max gold and what happens to the extra gold when you max it out? I've done this once and lost my extra gold.

Timothy Pearlflower, L90
How is it possible to have max gold? Very easy when you have 6 Promethean Wizards. I often help other wizards. Selling the unwanted items I get from drops quickly raises gold. I also garden, which brings in quite a bit gold.

What happens to the extra gold? It is lost forever.

I think I have figured out why I hoard so many snacks and reagents. I like seeing the 999. It seems so perfect to me.

Champion
Aug 20, 2010

I also garden King Parsley, and get rock and roll candy star lollipops and PBJ all the time from mature harvests. Do I keep them and save them up to 999? Nope, Once a while I'll go to the bazaar and sell about 100 of each. Good gold, right there.

Explorer
Jun 16, 2013
Well this is a whole new side to hoarding and to the game that I never saw before. I can understand hoarding if you are gardening or crafting. That kind of makes sense, to a certain degree. But I don't understand why you would need 999 of any item.

Since I don't garden and I don't craft, I don't see a need to hoard. As a matter of fact, if my backpack total gets closed to the "halfway" mark, I usually visit The Bazaar (or the regular merchants) to sell items that I won't need, or that I don't intend to "share" with my other wizards. I share them only if the other wizards need those specific items, or if they need the items to sell for the gold. Or I might put them in my bank or shared bank, in case I start another new wizard who can use them. But again, I keep only a few items. Maybe I'm the "odd person out" here.

Explorer
Jun 16, 2011
i grow king parslys and am sloolyy billding a hord of pet snaks!

a hording wiserd

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
It isn't really hoarding. The game is about going around collecting things. What fun is it to do a quest or buy a pack but be "rewarded" with something you can't display or even keep? Sure, you can just sell everything, but then you hit the gold limit so what's the point?

Getting a pet to mega requires hundreds of snacks. Crafting some items can use thousands of reagents (with transmutes). Doing assistance I carry a wide variety of gear items, pets, and amulets - half a backpack right there. With large gardens, two "crops" can fill your whole attic and almost half your bank. Selling and re-buying seeds is inefficient and not always an option since some seeds can't be bought with gold (or at all). If you add a hobby like changing castle décor, want multiple outfits for your wizards, or collect wands or pets you'll have "bank blowout" pretty fast.

We should be able to buy more storage & have bank, gold, and pack limits go up significantly with level. Seeds should stack the way reagents do.

Community Leader

I sell almost everything I get from gardening(except reagents). Though I guess you could call me a in-game hoarder. I have houses that I decorate and can't for the life of me take them down. I have revamped them to newer items. Another thing I have issues with is pets I have the worst problem selling them. Never feels right. So I find a house that they can sit in until I need them for a housing project. ( I wish we had a place to, lets say others can adopt?)

I do try to go through my attics once in a while to get rid of the 'Why on earth do I have 20- of these items.'

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Between houses, pets, reagents, snacks, you name it, it's become a problem for me. I'm a hoarder.

- I hoard TC you can't sell or trade, because some, or in the future, it is needed for crafting. I have made 5 wizards on my second account just to hold rare TC and TC blades.

- I have maxed out on most of the reagents in the game and they are spilling over to my individual wizards.

- I have maxed out on gold many times on my wizards from L35 - L90. I buy housing items, reagents, or rare TC cards to bring down the gold.

- I have many houses on each of my wizards, and each one is stuffed full of housing items, gear, mannequins (for storing more gear) and pets.

- I'm an avid pet hatcher as well, so that helps with my max gold and snack hoarding. But, I hoard pets, so each of my houses are just about maxed with pets. I estimate 1200+ pets roaming inside and outside of my houses.

- I do have almost 4,000 rank 9 mega snacks, and around 5,000+ for rank 8 and below.

- The list goes on. I can't help it!

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
I have a house just for the stuff I hoarded. Is that bad?

Defender
Dec 31, 2010
lol I hoard pets :)

but, gold? I am broke! (only 48 gold…)

Keira D,
lvl 79 Diviner

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
BrynnerOfReign on Aug 30, 2013 wrote:
Between houses, pets, reagents, snacks, you name it, it's become a problem for me. I'm a hoarder.

- I hoard TC you can't sell or trade, because some, or in the future, it is needed for crafting. I have made 5 wizards on my second account just to hold rare TC and TC blades.

- I have maxed out on most of the reagents in the game and they are spilling over to my individual wizards.

- I have maxed out on gold many times on my wizards from L35 - L90. I buy housing items, reagents, or rare TC cards to bring down the gold.

- I have many houses on each of my wizards, and each one is stuffed full of housing items, gear, mannequins (for storing more gear) and pets.

- I'm an avid pet hatcher as well, so that helps with my max gold and snack hoarding. But, I hoard pets, so each of my houses are just about maxed with pets. I estimate 1200+ pets roaming inside and outside of my houses.

- I do have almost 4,000 rank 9 mega snacks, and around 5,000+ for rank 8 and below.

- The list goes on. I can't help it!
This sounds so familiar...except for all the mega snacks. I have a lot, but not that many.

I have a field of DHE's which produce tons of earthquake and scarecrow cards, so many in fact that I stopped harvesting them until they reach elder. I still get quite a few from elder harvest. With them I craft the yellow and cyan teleporters. I now have a slew of them in my shared bank.

This morning, I once more received the message of having too many of one snack. I also had max gold so before I could sell the snacks, I had to lose gold. That brought about a trip to the hatchery with me saying "will someone please hatch with me? I need to lose gold." Ended up accepting a hatching request from a menu chat with a rat magician pet with less than stellar talents. My pet had spritely, unicorn, fairy friend, proof, and pain giver. It made me wonder how many times that person sent out a request to someone with a good pet only to be denied.

I also have houses full of furniture and banks full of crown gear I will never use. I find it difficult to sell or feed that type of gear to pet. One day I may go through my attics and banks and clean house, so to speak. Until then I will continue to hoard.