Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

should i quit?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Feb 02, 2011
i can not take cl any more i can not continue since a boss dose crit even before i am there you usualy are not lvl 50 or higher before you fight oboclules or some thing i am life so i can not do a lot of damage and i can not even kill the storm before the ice kills me should i quit?

Explorer
Dec 16, 2012
Theamazingbalance on Aug 15, 2013 wrote:
i can not take cl any more i can not continue since a boss dose crit even before i am there you usualy are not lvl 50 or higher before you fight oboclules or some thing i am life so i can not do a lot of damage and i can not even kill the storm before the ice kills me should i quit?
No. I would recommend doing side quests to level up.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
IF you are not level 50 or above, CL is going to be very difficult. Your first piece of gear that gives any kind of Crit is given to you by Diego at level 50. But I would suggest also doing Grizz and Wintertusk before returning to Cl. I would also suggest visiting the Wizard101 Central fansite and joining there(it is a free site). There is all kinds of help to be found and will also be very informative.

Your gear and deck setup is may also be a factor to take into account.

Grizz will be boring to some extent, WinterTusk is a lot of fun. But will be required later so it is best to get through them now and gain a few more levels.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
My first wizard was Life and I can relate. I was a solo player but when things were really tough for me I got help from others. Sadly most all my friends quit between Marleybone and beginning of DS so I was left to wait on difficult quests or keep at them till I eventually completed them - I mainly did the latter because after waiting almost a month to get back to playing I suffer though many defeats. Sadly things have improved in the first worlds but it was to late for most that gave up already.

Back then I didn't even consider making a new wizard and going back to the part of the game I enjoyed most so I plugged along solo. I never made any real friends from then on either. I started by researching at WizardCentral101 and getting some ideas of how others played the game better then I could figure out how to. I was glad I did train Death to Feint, I also picked up the tri blades from Niles so the only thing I had to work on were gear and deck set up. Not being a gamer type was a big problem for me and still is. I also had no idea about the Sun Spell that would of really helped me out and didn't catch on to that till later in CL, I finally did and started the 5 training point trip to Colossus.

I soloed everything in CL except for 2 instances in Crustacean Empire and District of the Stars. Yes I was really slow but persistent. I was sure I could drag this wizard though this awful world. Mirror Lake would be the only other instance I would get help with to end Zafaria. I did AV and AZ to lvl 90 helping family only so accept for spell battles I have not soloed these worlds and probably will retire my Life wizard at the end of AZ if I ever get there.

In the end it's all about how much can you learn to step up to the game play as it gets more difficult, CL is a primer to things to come - game play will not get easier from here on in. Will you feel like it was worth it to bother? Personally I don't get half the enjoyment out of the game in the second arc it's more like doing it just because it's there not because it's fun any more.

Good luck, young wizard, in what ever you decide, if you see the posts here you will notice you are not a lone in your plight. I am currently taking a Storm wizard though CL for the hec of it and must say it's going much better now that I have more of a grasp on how to play the upper worlds. If I see you out there I will help - I help anyone along my way but must say so far it's been some what of a ghost world for me.

Mary lvl 60

Explorer
Feb 02, 2011
Northlite on Aug 19, 2013 wrote:
My first wizard was Life and I can relate. I was a solo player but when things were really tough for me I got help from others. Sadly most all my friends quit between Marleybone and beginning of DS so I was left to wait on difficult quests or keep at them till I eventually completed them - I mainly did the latter because after waiting almost a month to get back to playing I suffer though many defeats. Sadly things have improved in the first worlds but it was to late for most that gave up already.

Back then I didn't even consider making a new wizard and going back to the part of the game I enjoyed most so I plugged along solo. I never made any real friends from then on either. I started by researching at WizardCentral101 and getting some ideas of how others played the game better then I could figure out how to. I was glad I did train Death to Feint, I also picked up the tri blades from Niles so the only thing I had to work on were gear and deck set up. Not being a gamer type was a big problem for me and still is. I also had no idea about the Sun Spell that would of really helped me out and didn't catch on to that till later in CL, I finally did and started the 5 training point trip to Colossus.

I soloed everything in CL except for 2 instances in Crustacean Empire and District of the Stars. Yes I was really slow but persistent. I was sure I could drag this wizard though this awful world. Mirror Lake would be the only other instance I would get help with to end Zafaria. I did AV and AZ to lvl 90 helping family only so accept for spell battles I have not soloed these worlds and probably will retire my Life wizard at the end of AZ if I ever get there.

In the end it's all about how much can you learn to step up to the game play as it gets more difficult, CL is a primer to things to come - game play will not get easier from here on in. Will you feel like it was worth it to bother? Personally I don't get half the enjoyment out of the game in the second arc it's more like doing it just because it's there not because it's fun any more.

Good luck, young wizard, in what ever you decide, if you see the posts here you will notice you are not a lone in your plight. I am currently taking a Storm wizard though CL for the hec of it and must say it's going much better now that I have more of a grasp on how to play the upper worlds. If I see you out there I will help - I help anyone along my way but must say so far it's been some what of a ghost world for me.

Mary lvl 60
first wizard was Life and I can relate
how the heck other then my name did you know i was life? it scary and thanks the game could use people like you!
taylor ghost leaf lvl 49

Squire
Jul 04, 2012
To do plenty of damage, you need to get critical rating. You also need to fill your deck with centaurs. Then add in life blades, life traps. Then spirit sheilds and spirit traps

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Theamazingbalance on Aug 21, 2013 wrote:
first wizard was Life and I can relate
how the heck other then my name did you know i was life? it scary and thanks the game could use people like you!
taylor ghost leaf lvl 49
Us lifer types have to stick together . We patiently wait till level 58 for Forest Lord - our first all over spell, we deserve the Master of Nature badge, lol.

All I can say is, with my Life wizard, I have gotten back a good return for all the time I have put into it. Since it's the one I learned the game on it's the one I play the best. I took so long to drag though the Spiral I learned back and forward how to heal and deal. I say I don't enjoy so much challenge in the game but really this school was one.

If you have the patience you will prevail.

Mary StarGem lvl 90