Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Stop thinking gear is everything in pvp

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 19, 2010
Ok so everyone is freaking about who has the best gear and they think if they do have the best gear there going to become a warlord. Ok, well sorry to ruin your dreams but thats how it works, all you really need to know is how to use your school correctly in pvp and for a strategy ok.. I mean like seriously if my lvl 16 life with 8 resist and like 9 damage can get to OVERLORD i'm pretty sure that kinda shows that gear isnt everything, and it's not like i'm the best at pvp you just need to form a good strategy and know what your doing, because otherwise your going to lose. And everyone is like OMG OMG OMG Jade Gear O: OMG... ok I started pvp on my lvl 52 life and I face dem Jades to and tbh its not really hard just myth dispel blade up and uh shatter then boom but who know I guess anything could happen that kinda works for me, but then again I have a myth mastery so there might a difference but anyway that life char, lvl 52 guess his stats... C: ok so he has 23 damage and ok are you ready for this?..... 0 resist OMG OMG OMG O:
and I got knight idk if I get lucky or somthing but I think everyone who is complaining about losing should either like.... Do practice pvp for a while cause thats what I did I used to be horrible at pvp lol anyway yeah.... :P

Defender
Sep 09, 2012
Gear is not everything, you're right.
I don't need gear to PvP. I just need strategy. A lot of people ask me to help them because I am the mist strategic person they know.
Emma Emeraldsword lvl 53

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
The problem is, if you have good strategy and bad gear, and you're battling someone with good strategy and good gear, then they have the advantage. Gear is a part of strategy. For instance, if you're wearing waterworks gear, a critical spam strategy probably wouldn't work too well. If you were wearing crafted gear, then it would work a lot better, because you'd have much more critical. If you're going to tank, I don't think you would do it in critical gear. Gear can effect strategy, and if you don't have good gear, then you're not going to do as well as you could in pvp.

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
Wolf and Rider on Aug 12, 2013 wrote:
Gear is not everything, you're right.
I don't need gear to PvP. I just need strategy. A lot of people ask me to help them because I am the mist strategic person they know.
Emma Emeraldsword lvl 53
Indeed, if you have strategy, gear comes to a minimal, sure its helpful, get it if you can. But if you can't find crowns gear, Bazaar works just as well.

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
Congratulations on your success in low level PvP. It makes a much larger difference in high level Promethean PvP. With the new age of PvP, the "Ultra Tank Healer - Spend an hour or two stacking traps and blades - Shatter - One hit Kill" strategy has taken over. Add Guardian Spirit to this equation and you have a dysfunctional 1v1 PvP system. And it's simply not fun to be on the other side of that equation. Thus I retired from high level PvP.

Piercing is a good tool, but when it becomes a requirement to be successful in PvP, something is broken.

I had over 5000 1v1 PvP games in Age 1. And all my wizards were warlords. I'm finding a lot of "expert" opinions in the forums these days, but I can't help but wonder if any of them have even played 100 matches.

Explorer
Mar 17, 2012
Good gear is extremely important in pvp, the higher your resist the better you chances are to surviving. How about this I am a lvl 54 do you think you can beat me in a 1v1 while you have absolutly no gear? think about it. BTW it would be hard to defeat someone with 100% resist (immunity) trust me ive seen someone with that much resist.