Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Life Wizard needs help

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 30, 2013
I am currently level 20 and I have not come across a mission where I can get the Life Blade or Life Trap. Did I miss it along the way? I am having a hard time mounting any type of serious punch at this point and I really could use these spell enhancers.

Also...what is a good secondary school to learn with Life? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Joseph Lifebringer

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Borgha on Aug 12, 2013 wrote:
I am currently level 20 and I have not come across a mission where I can get the Life Blade or Life Trap. Did I miss it along the way? I am having a hard time mounting any type of serious punch at this point and I really could use these spell enhancers.

Also...what is a good secondary school to learn with Life? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Joseph Lifebringer
To answer one part of your question, this link shows all of the Life School spells:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Spell:Life_School_Spells

You can click on the highlighted items on that link for more info (like "prequests", etc.).

And don't forget to pick up your spells from the Other Trainers too.

Explorer
Sep 28, 2010
Life trap is in Colossus Boulevard..... Secret trainer. SHHH you didn't hear it from me

P.S. look behind Mindy Pixiecrown

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Borgha on Aug 12, 2013 wrote:

Joseph Lifebringer
Life unfortunately is hard to get off the ground. My first wizard is Life and I soloed almost all the game though the end of Zafaria with no major issues but it is a slow go being a one hit wonder though level 58 - then watch them really fall. I was never a typical Life wizard, since I was a solo player I really never learned to be a healer but more of a dealer. I played so aggressively that most I helped along my way, couldn't believe I wanted the sun spot and could keep them in the battle so it counted for them plus remove the monsters in a few rounds, it's all a matter of timing really and our low fizzle rate helps too. I was able to get gear that gave me a very good power pip chance early on and started to mix in some extra damage.

I did Death to Feint - you can buy the treasure cards and later on there is an amulet, you can be lucky to have a pet with it but I trained for it so I could put a few in my deck and remember if they are different kinds they can also be stacked, woot. I found it very helpful to do bosses in Mooshu and DragonSprye with. In early levels you could do treasure cards of all around spells if you want.

I believe the Life Blade is given to you by Tabot in Krockatopia after a certain amount of questing. You can also pick up the Tri Blade and Trap from Niles. the tree on the boat ride island. At level 50 I did the Sun spells to boost the damage of my school given spells, a big help, I followed them though Zafaria in Drum Jungle for 275 extra added to any Life spell. I now have sharpened blade and potent trap to add to the mix. It's actually amazing how much I can now get out of just a Leprechaun, lol. I can one hit mobs in Azteca. You can get the idea of them by getting tough and giant now. It used to be a thing to buy these TC's go to Golem tower and make a bunch of your regular school spells boosted up with the TC.

Choose the right gear, pack a very tight deck, discard is not your friend, give every round in battle a purpose, get reshuffle in TC or that secret trainer where the trap is, if you are uncomfortable about that, carry the minimum health spells and go. I carry a sprite, satyr and for long drawn outs a rebirth, sadly you will be given many health type spells you won't need or ever use.

In the end - not every school is for everyone but every school does have plenty of options of making it the best it can be.

Mary StarGem lvl 90

Explorer
May 09, 2010
Any school is a good secondary school. (if you want to PVP a lot go for myth until earthquake)

But this I suggest you get:

Ice - train until you get tower shield
* also ice shield from the lady in the park before golem tower (why? bec. if you train to tower you will get fire and storm shield, if you train death you get life and myth shield. shield are necessary when fighting boss)
Death - train until you get feint (life does not have good attack spells, you will be doing centaur for awhile)
Balance - train spirit blade and spirit trap

hope this helps.

Madison lvl90

Survivor
Jun 30, 2013
Thank you everyone with your replies.. I was getting worried that I have not seen the blade or trap yet. I will look for the trainer in Krokotopia and I will see the secret trainer on Colossus Blvd.

Also thank you so much for all of the ideas for pvp.

Lets keep the ideas flowing. I bet there are a lot of Life Wizards looking for ideas!!

Survivor
Jun 30, 2013
AluraMist2...Thank you for that link. It is exactly what I needed to see. Now I know where to go for each spell. Much obliged!!

Survivor
Nov 27, 2011
I am a life student also. You will get the life blade from one of the quests in Krokitopia :)

Wish you luck Mary Unicorn Heart level 31

Defender
Jun 18, 2012
The Balance Master on Aug 12, 2013 wrote:
Life trap is in Colossus Boulevard..... Secret trainer. SHHH you didn't hear it from me

P.S. look behind Mindy Pixiecrown
I have chosen life as my secondary and life trap comes in handy.