Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Jade Gear Resist Calculation Problem

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 17, 2011
Hmm. With the Jade Gear (21%, 22%, 16%) and a full resist pet,(10% Proof, 5% Defy) I should have 74 resist, correct? Because 21+22+16+10+5=74 Overall resist, but when I check my stats, it only shows 73. Please help. I know my math is correct and It's driving me crazy. I know its only 1%, but still.
Please help me out

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
You may be experiencing a display difference because of rounding. The display values for each item and pet talent show individually rounded to the closest integer. But your overall wizard stat adds them all, then rounds, so you might have two items that round up individually but down together. This is common with pets, since actual values of talents depend on stats. If you pet has 9.6 spell proof and 4.8 defy those will show as 10 and 5, but combined they are 14.4 which will display as 14. It is a VERY small difference in play, so you needn't worry at all. You are getting the right amount of resist. It just seems to be off because of rounding.

Survivor
Sep 17, 2011
Prince of Shadows on Aug 11, 2013 wrote:
You may be experiencing a display difference because of rounding. The display values for each item and pet talent show individually rounded to the closest integer. But your overall wizard stat adds them all, then rounds, so you might have two items that round up individually but down together. This is common with pets, since actual values of talents depend on stats. If you pet has 9.6 spell proof and 4.8 defy those will show as 10 and 5, but combined they are 14.4 which will display as 14. It is a VERY small difference in play, so you needn't worry at all. You are getting the right amount of resist. It just seems to be off because of rounding.
Thank you sooo much for the help! I understand now.

Defender
Sep 29, 2008
well done prince nice catch on that one