Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Questing friends?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 16, 2009
So I see a lot of people's advice in the game is finding friends to help with quests and dungeons. However, I'm currently in marleybone at level 34 and I find I need some help with bosses but I don't see any one around to ask for help. How do you suggest finding people at the same point in the game to play with? Any help or suggestions would be awesome and greatly appreciated
-Shannon Icegem

Mastermind
Oct 15, 2010
I usually stay in a busy realm and wait for someone questing solo to come around, but this strategy doesn't always work.

Explorer
Jun 16, 2013
Icegem616 on Aug 4, 2013 wrote:
So I see a lot of people's advice in the game is finding friends to help with quests and dungeons. However, I'm currently in marleybone at level 34 and I find I need some help with bosses but I don't see any one around to ask for help. How do you suggest finding people at the same point in the game to play with? Any help or suggestions would be awesome and greatly appreciated
-Shannon Icegem
The fansites usually have groups of people who volunteer to help with difficult areas/dungeons. On this website (wizard101.com), you can click on the tab at the left for "Community News", then "Community Portal", then "News and Links" to find some approved fansites.

And here is a link to one of them in case you are interested: http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?8-In-Game-Quest-Help-and-Meet-Ups

Hope this helps.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Icegem616 on Aug 4, 2013 wrote:
-Shannon Icegem
On my first wizard my friends list started to get bare in Marleybone, most were kids that didn't have the patience for the constant drag ins' or taking time not to be. They didn't like questing there alone so unless there were friends to quest with they didn't. In order to continue the game I became a solo wizard. I started to research more about the game, by mid Mooshu I really started to get the hang of it, at lvl 40 I got the castle bundle and the Fierce hound really helped my cause. I depended on me to get though the end of Zafaria. No more switching realms waiting for help. The more battles I won solo the better I got at it. I was more able to choose gear from the Bazaar that worked for my aggressive play style.

I did have help with Big Ben which I have since soloed on the other wizards I created, The Great Spry, Trial of Spheres, Mirror Lake, and the last instance in Wintertusk, if for no other reason these go faster with help.

I recently picked up with this wizard and continued on in AV and AZ because a family member got interested in Wizards and wanted to do these worlds also. My intention was to retire my Life wizard at AV because Zafaria is about as difficult as I want to bare in any game.

Explorer
May 09, 2010
Try playing on weekends about Central time, were people usually play.

Explorer
Jan 12, 2012
If you really need help, move to a crowded realm. But you may find that you don't need it. I have soloed nearly every dungeon I have ever been in, including Big Ben.