Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balance, Fire, Life, or Myth?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 27, 2013
Hi everyone!

I played through Dragonspyre (currently level 47) on my Storm wizard. I have to say, Storm is great for the attacks but the health really just kills me (literally). I soloed most of DS thanks to the henchmen in the crown shop. But I came to realize that I just wasn't having fun. I was thinking of making a new character. The four schools that I was thinking of are Balance, Fire, Life, and Myth. Whenever I take the test in the beginning of the game, I 9 times out of 10 get Fire. I really liked the whole Dragon theme in Dragonspyre, also. Life suits my personality the most. I don't know much about Life, but looking at the spell cards, Life gets a stronger attack at level 33 and then doesn't get another attack until about 25 levels later. I was also thinking about Myth because the spells really fascinate me. Although I know there has been a lot of controversy as to whether or not Myth is "powerful" or whatever. And I threw Balance in there just in case I couldn't make up my mind.

Thanks for all of your responses!

Hunter

Squire
Jul 04, 2012
Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Rogue Leviathan on Jul 29, 2013 wrote:
Hi everyone!

I played through Dragonspyre (currently level 47) on my Storm wizard. I have to say, Storm is great for the attacks but the health really just kills me (literally). I soloed most of DS thanks to the henchmen in the crown shop. But I came to realize that I just wasn't having fun. I was thinking of making a new character. The four schools that I was thinking of are Balance, Fire, Life, and Myth. Whenever I take the test in the beginning of the game, I 9 times out of 10 get Fire. I really liked the whole Dragon theme in Dragonspyre, also. Life suits my personality the most. I don't know much about Life, but looking at the spell cards, Life gets a stronger attack at level 33 and then doesn't get another attack until about 25 levels later. I was also thinking about Myth because the spells really fascinate me. Although I know there has been a lot of controversy as to whether or not Myth is "powerful" or whatever. And I threw Balance in there just in case I couldn't make up my mind.

Hunter
So you're drawn to Fire, go with... with Life as secondary. This combination is working very well for me. :)

Survivor
Nov 23, 2012
im a fire its pretty hard. spells stink health is 4 out of 10 but mana and power pip chance is amazing.

Survivor
Nov 23, 2012
but lfe is good against most bosses and has good healing attacks and health

Explorer
Mar 10, 2010
Rogue Leviathan on Jul 29, 2013 wrote:
Hi everyone!

Hunter
Very interesting. All of these schools have something great about them. One note about the wizard test thing: the majority of the test does not mean much and the end where it asks about your favorite gemstone is when it basically settles it depending on which schools gemstone you pick. Life is great for healing and moderate attacks and blades. Balance is a mysterious school that uses all sorts of cool, unique spells to outwit enemies. Myth is definitely a strong school. Its main focus: dodging shields. It has shatters and earthquake and 2 time attack spells. Fire is a pretty devastating school but it also has limited health.

If you wanna be this school all the way to level 90 solo, i would say to keep these:
Balance and life.
Myth would be great for up to ZF, but then does not get group attacks and that can be frustrating. Fire has limited health, so will mean you will not last long. Life and balance can both heal, and have great protection.

Amber Rainbowstone - - level 64

Sierra Hex - - level 33

Survivor
Dec 29, 2009
Fire and life make a great combination. Think about it.

Defender
Nov 15, 2008
Balance. My archmage balance is really powerful and has 5,000 health :D. I was able to solo 3 rnk 11 bosses with 11,000 health each without henchman for a school quest. and one of them was balance and spammed shields . I reccomend balance :D

matthew wyrmblade lvl 85 (woot finally)

Survivor
Feb 27, 2013
Hey everyone!

It's Hunter. I've narrowed it down to either Balance or Fire. I made both a Balance and Fire character. My Balance is currently level 13 in Colossus Boulevard and my Fire is level 6 in Cyclops Lane. For Balance I chose Death as my secondary school and Fire I chose Life. With Balance I find myself dying a lot. I don't know why, maybe I put too many shields/blades in. I think it's cool though, because while I'm waiting for an attack, I can just slap on a Black Mantle or Weakness. Though, I still find myself drawn to Fire. I also like the sound that the Fire spells make when they're being cast . I think I'll try Fire out for a while and see how it goes. Thanks again!

Hunter

Survivor
Feb 27, 2013
Hello again

After much thought, I think I've decided to go with a Fire wizard. Thanks for everything! Good luck with questing. If you ever see me in the spiral, don't hesitate to say hello and friend me. I'm usually on the Drake and Helephant realms.

Happy Wizarding!

Hunter Dragonblood

Survivor
Jan 11, 2010
If you are thinking about life go for balance or death for secondary.