Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Prospector Zeke might be confused or psychic

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 18, 2013
Hello Wizard101 Community! Welcome to my thread, Angel Hex here.

Please help me if you can.

Today I was going to do some quests that are given by Prospector Zeke on my new account that was recently created. When I arrived at Krokotopia in the Oasis, strait to Prospector Zeke, I could not obtain the next quest. (Finding the beetles).

Right on top of him is an icon of a backpack and no question mark as if I have started a quest but when I approach him and press the letter X on my keyboard, it shows that I have already began the quest.

I noticed one beetle by Zan'ne's Library, I approached it and nothing happened so the quest could not have started yet.

I have tried to look for a solution to this problem but I could not find any.

Here are some links to threads that could very well seem similar to my problem.

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/halstons-laboratory/wizard101-quest-error-34526

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/marleybone/zekes-quest-not-working-7236

The next step for me would be to contact Mr. Lincoln about this problem and see if he has seen this before and could cast his magic but before I do that I want to make sure that there are no other threads that state how to fix this problem.

My next question is...
Has anyone else seen this happen before or know how to fix this unusual problem? If so, what do I do?

Angel Hex,
- Student in Balance Magic

Administrator
This is not a matter for support. This is not a bug (no pun intended).

You have successfully started the quest. You have found one of the two beetles in the Oasis. Continue to explore Krokotopia and you will discover the rest of the Beetles.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Apr 18, 2013
Greetings Professor Greyrose,

I have double checked to see if I have started the quest in my spell book, current quests. It showed that I have only started the quest Ghost Hunters.

You say that I have found one of the two beetles in the Oasis? That is very strange as when I approached it nothing exciting had happened after it was found.

I went to the other beetle in the Oasis and it did not shake when I found the other beetle.
(I have also found one beetle in the Altar of Kings.) May you please check to see if maybe both had been spotted but there is no animation nor was their no text saying that I have found it?

If so, that it shows that I have spotted each of them. How will I know how to find the rest of the beetles in each place if it does not show which beetles I have found or have not found in my spell book, current quests tab?

I understand in the system it may say that I have began the quest but it's on the actual client when I look onto my Myth account it's opposite. Could it be that I have multiple accounts on the same login that is why the system is getting confused?

Administrator
"on my new account that was recently created"

If you're not posting with that account, I cannot know which account or character you're referencing.
To protect your privacy, use email to contact us at community@wizard101.com and when you contact us, give us
  • the account name
  • the character name
  • the character's school of focus

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Apr 18, 2013
A message has successfully been sent.

I believe I was posting on the right account, it just has multiple characters created on it.

Angel Hex,
Student in Balance, Storm and Myth magic.

Administrator
The quest “Find the Beetles” requires that you have the key to Krokotopia.

Your level 5 character has not completed Wizard City and has not received the key to Krokotopia.

You simply cannot skip ahead and get all the training point quests until you have earned access through the Spiral Door to those worlds.

community@wizard101.com
Mastermind
Feb 06, 2010
Professor Greyrose on Jul 26, 2013 wrote:
This is not a matter for support. This is not a bug (no pun intended).

You have successfully started the quest. You have found one of the two beetles in the Oasis. Continue to explore Krokotopia and you will discover the rest of the Beetles.
Awww I love puns.

Survivor
Apr 18, 2013
Professor Greyrose on Jul 28, 2013 wrote:

Your level 5 character has not completed Wizard City and has not received the key to Krokotopia.

You simply cannot skip ahead and get all the training point quests until you have earned access through the Spiral Door to those worlds.
I understand now. Thank you for your time and cooperation.

I was hoping I could get all training points using this quick method.

Angel Hex,

- Student in Balance, Storm and Myth magic.

Squire
May 10, 2013
Professor Greyrose on Jul 28, 2013 wrote:

Yes, you are right. But you need to talk to Sergeant Major Talbot VIII to hand in "Krokotopia" then quailfy for the quest "Find the Beetles"