Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Drum a Little Drum

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 29, 2008
I just got this quest, and i've read people say it's annoying, hard. and it is. like i just got done with a sunstone demanding crafting quest, and now i need to spend on it even more, i went from max gold to 70k just from starting crafting, any tips from this quest, how to get the congo drum??? and the other stuff. or maybe an adequate boss i can farm to get items to sell so i can have some money again, thanks in advance! hoping to become legendary artisan for all those awesome av gear and spells.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Lachjdk on Jul 21, 2013 wrote:
I just got this quest, and i've read people say it's annoying, hard. and it is. like i just got done with a sunstone demanding crafting quest, and now i need to spend on it even more, i went from max gold to 70k just from starting crafting, any tips from this quest, how to get the congo drum??? and the other stuff. or maybe an adequate boss i can farm to get items to sell so i can have some money again, thanks in advance! hoping to become legendary artisan for all those awesome av gear and spells.
I got the recipe for the transmute conga drums from recipe vendor in Celestia by where enter go to the Trial of Spheres entrance.

I did drag my feet a little on this one and put off getting it till I wanted to craft a pair of boots in Avalon, which I don't use much after all. It does take a little bit of creativity to craft. There are ways to do it on the cheap. I can usually off set the cost with stuff I can sell since I have amassed way to much stuff. I have the advantage of having a full room of wizards so I can slide stuff around via the shared bank, then I find where stuff spawns and sit and switch realms, doesn't seem like a practical way to craft but it's what everyone suffers though. I have pages of transmutes now, mainly from the vendor also in Celestia (opposite corner as conga vendor) to convert almost anything to something else. My biggest projects were the lvl 56 gear from Wintertusk.

I don't plan on doing any crafting, including the quest, in AZ, I have my limits on how far I will go with things in the game and so far I haven't seen anything I must have crafted there. I have 2 wizards there and won't be bringing any more though unless the land gets seriously nerfed and that's not going to happen.

The plus side is, so far for now anyway and except for the new zone gear - you can raise up one crafting wizard to the level you need to be so you don't have to go though it all over again on another wizard. My original Life wizard is my crafter. Some craft recipes maybe an issue but I have been lucky enough to find a work around so far, even if you have to create a free account to swap TC around from other wizards on your paid account.

Mastermind
Oct 15, 2010
My advice: Farm plants. Farm Stone Town. Farm the bazaar. Farm Halfang.
I really procrastinated with this and just picked up reagents, so no wonder it took me over 6 months to complete it.