Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Training Point Help

AuthorMessage
Defender
Aug 12, 2012
Ok, so here's my idea on how all of those people out there can help with training points ;)

Spend 5 at the ice school so you can get tower shield

Spend 8 at the death school so you can get feint

Spend 8 at the life school so you can get satyr

After that, it's your decision. ;) I just wanted to make a really quick guide for the people who don't know what to get with there training points.

Survivor
Jun 09, 2013
Ok so I am a level 52 balance grandmaster, I am about a fourth of the way done with Celestia, I think. But here is my problem, as I progress thru celestia I find it harder and harder, and I hate having to ask my friends for practically everything in this world! I have power nova and I use that which can do about 1200 damage when I use hex, balanceblade and bladestorm, and my judgement can do about 3000 if I get all power pips, but that still isn't enough to defeat the bosses even at the beginning of celestia! And the worst part is the level 48 storm spell, storm lord, with storm shields I have seen it do over 10,000 damage! And it stuns! To all enemies!!! So can anyone give me advice on how to make my sorcerer better? By the way life is my secondary school, but only up to satyr. And is there something I am missing about balance? In the beginning it said that balance can turn the battle around but so far it hasn't, I actually think balance has the least amount of traps. Storm and death have tons!

Ok so I have read many post about balance strategies and most of them have said that to get life up to satyr, death up to feint, and ice up to the tower shield. Now I think that sounds great! But my only concern it that I won't have enough training points left for the astral schools, when I level up farther in celestia. Has anyone done this? Did you have enough training points? Was the combination worth it? I would really appreciate your input/advice.

-Sorry it is so long, I kinda rambled
-Logan MoonBlood level 52 Grandmaster Sorcerer

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
You should have enough train points by the time you finish CL to have life to sprite, death to feint, ice to tower, and sun through Gargantuan.

Also stun block. I know a lot of people say it's not worth using in PVE since enemies stun "without a backup plan", but against groups of ice mobs (and you will see a LOT of annoying ice after ZF) you will tend to lose about 2-3 turns before you manage to kill them. Maybe more, since they are notoriously bloated and tower up like the dickens.

Survivor
Apr 25, 2011
I am a Wizard of Balance (level 89) and I know what you're talking about. Balance is known for being one of the weak schools but the thing about balance being able to turn things around is true. Balance Wizards basically take in spells from all schools and have tons of shields, Charms, Blades, etc. Now they may not be useful but You can use different powered school spells like Hydra, Chimera (level 68 spell) and spectral blast.

You can use elemental blades/Traps to power them and use the blades to boost it even further.

Now, I am part Life just like you, but the only thing about me is that I'm weak so I always asked my friends for help :P. But I'm lazy like that. If you are Dependent and brave, then you can use your weaknesses and your -45% thingies (dunno what it's called xD) to make the battle even harder for your enemies. Balance is especially good once you know how to use it. It may be weak but it can really help.

Good Luck!

-Austin GriffinBlade level 89 Wizard

Survivor
Oct 25, 2012
I'm a level 47

I already trained up for the tower shield, but I don't know what to do after that

I wasted three points on but then I figured out that feint wouldn't really help a pyromancer.

Should I pay the ten dollars to get my training points back?

Historian
May 06, 2009
Supermegamash520 on Sep 7, 2013 wrote:
I'm a level 47

I already trained up for the tower shield, but I don't know what to do after that

I wasted three points on but then I figured out that feint wouldn't really help a pyromancer.

How will feint not help Fire? So +70% Damage to your spells is really something to pass up to make you stronger? And then at Level 86 in Azteca, you can get a spell called "Potent Trap" that will give a trap +10%. So now feints +80% AND you can stack in on a regular feint for a total of +150% damage boost. Are you really telling me you don't want that? Well your choice I guess then...

I don't think you should pay the ten dollars. You didn't waste any points on Death. Fire gets a shield spell called "Glacial Shield" for -70% next incoming Ice or Storm damage spell. You know that right? With Death you gain the spell "Dream Shield" which is -70% next incoming Life or Myth damage spell. By doing this, you have already learned enough defenses to combat 4 schools. And then you have Fire Shield, so that's really 5. Oh and then Tower Shield! So now you're set. I would recommend continuing death until Fient.

Afterwards, you could consider learning up to Satyr in Life. That will be a major help for you when you did a big boost in health. After that, save your Points for the higher worlds to learn from Sun, Moon, and Star. If you're into group play, I'd recommend some of Moon. It can help out here and there. If not, pass on the Moon Spells and get yourself Sun and Star spells. Sun's enchants will give you more accuracy, pierce, and damage, which will really help Fire. Star can give you a variety of critical, block, damage, resist, accuracy, healing and pierce boosts. Later on, you can learn a Star spell that will give you extra damage specifically for Fire.

Explorer
Apr 01, 2011
On my fire, I trained Life up to satyr and ice up to tower shield. With those two trained I'm able to solo in Azteca quite a bit without having too much trouble. Currently, the maximum amount of training points you can get is 40. If you do all the quests that give you points, you shouldn't have to buy back the points you've already used (I wasted eight training points on my fire wizard and I could still get satyr and tower shield ). Instead of training feint, my wizards use treasure card feints from the bazaar, though it may take a while to find a lot of them. Since your at a lower level, I'd suggest looking for satyr treasure cards at the bazaar until you have enough points to get the spell.

However, It's really your choice if you want to buy back your points our not. It depends on how you want to play the game (especially if you decide to play PvP).

Hope this helps you!

Rebecca Bright Level 90
Miranda Shadowflame Level 90
Sabrina Emeraldblossom Level 86
Victoria Roseblood Level 82
Diana Moonflower Level 79
Christina Goldenheart Level 77

Survivor
Nov 19, 2010
I wouldn't. Feint is very helpful when it comes to fire spells like efreet or sun serpent. I am a lvl 70 wizard

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2012
I'm a level 47

If you think it would be really hard to get training points to get satyr, buy them back, then get tower then satyr.

Survivor
Jul 11, 2011
I advise saving at least 3-4 training points for CL. In celestia, you have the option to train in "Astral Spells", which does different things. school supplies enchantments, which strengthen or increase the accuracy of your spell. spell polymorphs you into a monster, allowing you to have different spells. spells cast an aura, which has a certain effect for 4 rounds. For example, the enchantment "Strong" would make sunbird 395-455 instead of 295-355. spell "Polymorph Gobbler" would transform you into a gobbler, allowing you to use an attack like taco toss. spell "Amplify" adds an extra 15% attack damage. You should save 3-4 points for the astral schools if you decide any of them are cool, and worth getting. Tower shield is worth it, and i do agree Feint isn't worth it for fire. I would save all the training points after getting tower shield for astral.

-Travis Redweaver, lvl 81

Survivor
Mar 09, 2013
I'm a level 47

No just keep going till you learn feint. Then if you want learn life to satyr. Only learn the elemental blade from niles. Then when the sun spells come learn the ones that add damage dont get the accuracy ones then when sharpen blade comes up in lvl 86 go ahead and learn that. Again the life spells are optional. Hope this helps. Thoses were my to cents.

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
I'm a level 47

This is what I always say.

Ice to tower shield
Death to feint (As a balance wiz, I need an enchanted feint, feint and a couple of blades to kill Twin Giant mobs.)
If you are planning on getting an life mastery amulet then train up to satyr. If you are not getting that amulet than I don't see how that would help. I trained it up to satyr without a mastery and rarely use it.
Also, if you want possibly weakness, I never suggest this because I am balance school and don't really think about balance spells.

Then if you are pvping a lot, train infection. Save some training points for sun damage enchants in Celestia (want my advice? Don't train moon)

Survivor
Dec 25, 2011
When you get to Celestia use your training points for Sun school spells like giant, strong, etc. You add them to a spell to increase the damage a spell does.

Survivor
May 13, 2013
No by all means!

Feint is basically the thing all prometheans (and lower levels) rely on, so definitely don't buy them back.

As for tower, I'm an ice, so I've never trained it via training points, but I would say its definatelly worth it for me. The one of thing you would want to get, if you have points for it later on in the game, it satyr, which helps immensely. Actually it might even be better than tower, but just my opinion. Keep in mind though that now is just about the worst time to spend points because you will be getting astral spells in three levels.

Squire
May 10, 2013
Wizgamer105 on Sep 7, 2013 wrote:
This is what I always say.

Ice to tower shield
Death to feint (As a balance wiz, I need an enchanted feint, feint and a couple of blades to kill Twin Giant mobs.)
If you are planning on getting an life mastery amulet then train up to satyr. If you are not getting that amulet than I don't see how that would help. I trained it up to satyr without a mastery and rarely use it.
Also, if you want possibly weakness, I never suggest this because I am balance school and don't really think about balance spells.

Then if you are pvping a lot, train infection. Save some training points for sun damage enchants in Celestia (want my advice? Don't train moon)
Did you spill the beans? Moon is literally the best school of Astrals.

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
PlayHard101 on Sep 9, 2013 wrote:
Did you spill the beans? Moon is literally the best school of Astrals.
I respectfully disagree.

The moon spells are useless. The first ones you get, like gobbler is probably the best one you will ever see. The decent spelled polymorphs have ZERO RESIST or boost to yourself! Not to mention low critical block. I should know, I trained all the moon spells and got a training buy back. Also, the polymorphs that gives good cards will likely decrease your health big time. (I am talking about celestia moon spells, not AZTECA) So, less health and boost to yourself, good spells!!! (Obviously it will not boost to the school your polymorph is...)

Delver
Aug 26, 2012
Hello everybody I'm new to the message boards. I'm Ian Dragonshield level 52wizard. So does anyone knows which is the best secondary school for ? Currently I have all spells except sanctuary. All spells until fire trap (I don't have meteor shower). So where should I spend my next training points? So what should I do get sanctuary or go on with spells or maybe go with ,or spells (I know i'm in Celestia took me 3 years bro). Or option number 3 would be go to Mr. Lincoln and buy the training points back and restart where you guys tell me.

Find me in the game:

Ian Dragonshield Level 52wizard

Golden Ian Jones Level 65 musketeer

Champion
Jun 30, 2009
Luke Skysleeper on Sep 18, 2013 wrote:
Hello everybody I'm new to the message boards. I'm Ian Dragonshield level 52wizard. So does anyone knows which is the best secondary school for ? Currently I have all spells except sanctuary. All spells until fire trap (I don't have meteor shower). So where should I spend my next training points? So what should I do get sanctuary or go on with spells or maybe go with ,or spells (I know i'm in Celestia took me 3 years bro). Or option number 3 would be go to Mr. Lincoln and buy the training points back and restart where you guys tell me.

Find me in the game:

Ian Dragonshield Level 52wizard

Golden Ian Jones Level 65 musketeer
Check Wizard101central.com and read up on Gameplay for Ice, which suggests having Ice Wizards use traing points on fire up to Meteor Shower, and then Death up to Feint.

Maybe you should take the Meteor Shower, since you will run into many Ice bosses and need a strong spell that breaks the long stalemate fighting, AND if you have the Elemental Blade from Niles (Ice, Fire, Storm).

Advice: If you have the crowns to do so, buy back your training points and follow the guide for how it suggests for gameplay on training points. It will also offer the best gear for you to get as you level up, as well as how to fight bosses that cheat.

Timothy Pearlflower, L90

Survivor
Jun 20, 2012
The first thing I buy with training points before even thinking about spending them on a 2nd class is all the shields for each class at the vendor in the commons.

Survivor
Jul 26, 2009
I usually only spend points on one other school and then a few spells from other vendors. After level 42, all of your outside-of-school spells have to be purchased with points. So if you want any Celestia spells, for example, you need to save the points somewhat.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Welcome to the boards, Ian!

Honestly, I wouldn't waste my time with a secondary school after level 50: save your points for the Sun and Star spells. These are buffs that are available to you starting at your current level (52) and will enhance your own school's spells to be even bigger and better than they are now.

each of these will cost a training point:

Star spells:

fortify
amplify
infallible
mend
berzerk

school-only auras are unlocked through questing in Azteca

Sun spells:
you must purchase these in sequential order.

tough
strong
giant
monstrous
gargantuan
colossal
primordial

Don't bother with the moon school (polymorphs). They're cool in theory, but in practice are actually quite useless~ you lose all of your stats when you transform, and you won't last one hit in the upper worlds.

whether you pvp or not, i would invest a point in stun block~ go visit diego on unicorn way to train; it's technically listed as a pvp spell, but anyone can get it with a training point.

and seekers74 is partially correct:
excluding the astrals, all spells past level 42 are school-only quest spells and cannot be purchased with training points.

Good luck!

-von

90 and
40 and

Delver
Aug 26, 2012
Thank you all so much. You guys make me happy for the pro tips you guys gave me. As you guys suggested I'll check wizard101 central and try to buy crowns. Again thank you all keep up the good tips

Delver
Aug 26, 2012
Hey Mrs. Greyrose I think we can close this topic now?

"... with persistence, victory is assured."

i've been wondering what goes before the ... ?

Survivor
Sep 07, 2013
i am a balance wizard currently lvl 35, and i was wondering where i should spend my training points in. i want to make sure i have the best one since i dont have crowns to buy them back.

i have already got tower shield and i was wondering wether i should go death to feint or life to satyr.

ALSO i am playing cooperatively with a death wizard so i think i should go life

also i think i will spend remaining points in the tough line

thank you in advance

also please correct anything here that is wrong

Delver
Nov 05, 2011
Luke Skysleeper on Sep 23, 2013 wrote:
Hey Mrs. Greyrose I think we can close this topic now?

"... with persistence, victory is assured."

i've been wondering what goes before the ... ?
Yes, close the topic, unless anyone else needs help with that, like me.
I am balance,so I have all the Niles blades and traps, I am also fire so that is where i use the blades.
I have three training points and crowns left over from the big party but I like fire.
Should I save the training points for celestia? Or should I go do something else with them?
Plz help!

Madison WinterHorn lvl 45