Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why are life wizards so under powered

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 16, 2011
I am a level 84 and i have sliped my way past things but i mean life is mostly healing why cant we have a really good attacking spell (without blades) please could you give some spot light to life for once

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
CuragaNayru on Jul 13, 2013 wrote:
I am a level 84 and i have sliped my way past things but i mean life is mostly healing why cant we have a really good attacking spell (without blades) please could you give some spot light to life for once
Are you adding Colossus to your spells?

I can actually get more power out of my Life wizard then my death and balance, blades are important for these schools also. It may be that it was my first wizard and I have a lot of time into honing it. I need my blades and a sharpened one and one from my helmet though to one hit with Forest Lords, mobs in Aztecia. I actually feel a bit behind now that I could not get a better Star spell that I actually passed on taking because it was another heal boost I don't need. My play style is a bit different, my gear focuses on pips and damage boosts.

Each school has it's plus and minus, its up to us to work with them and make the wizard shine to the best of it's ability.

Survivor
Jun 30, 2012
I know right pvp is really hard especially if your a life wizard alone

Mastermind
Dec 11, 2011
amanda pixiesmith on Jul 15, 2013 wrote:
I know right pvp is really hard especially if your a life wizard alone
Because Life is a group school. Like Balance.

as for original subject, I solo everything in all worlds on my Life, including Azteca, so I do not see the problem.

Survivor
Jan 27, 2013
I know right they should add more spells with damage rather than healing all the time

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Life has weak spells because it has good accuracy, good health and can heal easily and not meant to be as offensive as lets say storm. If you want to be a offensive life train colossal at level 64 and add that to spells, and use lifeblade and spirit blade. Then your spells will do a lot of damage, but be sure you have good damage boost, around 50% at least.

Survivor
Jun 30, 2012
Moonlighterz1000 on Jul 16, 2013 wrote:
Life has weak spells because it has good accuracy, good health and can heal easily and not meant to be as offensive as lets say storm. If you want to be a offensive life train colossal at level 64 and add that to spells, and use lifeblade and spirit blade. Then your spells will do a lot of damage, but be sure you have good damage boost, around 50% at least.
But still If you are a storm student there are spells you can use to help improve you accuracy plus a lot of clothes help with accuracy.

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
amanda pixiesmith on Jul 17, 2013 wrote:
But still If you are a storm student there are spells you can use to help improve you accuracy plus a lot of clothes help with accuracy.
Yes, that is true. But they cannot heal as good as life or have as good health as life do they? Life isn't supposed to be as offensive as fire or storm. Even at max level, if they want decent resist, they only have around 3500 health and the resist isn't as great either.

Survivor
Jun 30, 2012
Moonlighterz1000 on Jul 21, 2013 wrote:
Yes, that is true. But they cannot heal as good as life or have as good health as life do they? Life isn't supposed to be as offensive as fire or storm. Even at max level, if they want decent resist, they only have around 3500 health and the resist isn't as great either.
Ok true. You have a point.

Defender
Sep 18, 2010
I've got to agree, I'm a Prometheus Theurgist and in PvP I fail at it with Jade Attire! This school needs to be updated majorly...and KingsIisle as well as us players need to realize that...did you know Seraph used to heal? Therefore next time you say no healing in a Home Duel against a Theurgist or guardian spirit is unfair...think about the other schools.

Survivor
Jun 30, 2012
Emerald9649 on Jul 23, 2013 wrote:
I've got to agree, I'm a Prometheus Theurgist and in PvP I fail at it with Jade Attire! This school needs to be updated majorly...and KingsIisle as well as us players need to realize that...did you know Seraph used to heal? Therefore next time you say no healing in a Home Duel against a Theurgist or guardian spirit is unfair...think about the other schools.
What! Seraph used to heal! That's unfair I also realized that when i trained my fire character some healing spells she can heal others it's unfair cause we don't have any unique abilities

Explorer
Feb 05, 2011
I am a level 63 wizard. I think there should be life spells that help increase damage! We life wizards have to get higher damage spells! It is so unfair! I literally need help on every quest I do!
Jared Shadowbreaker level 63

Survivor
Jun 30, 2012
Jared Shadowbreake... on Jul 25, 2013 wrote:
I am a level 63 wizard. I think there should be life spells that help increase damage! We life wizards have to get higher damage spells! It is so unfair! I literally need help on every quest I do!
Jared Shadowbreaker level 63
Yea I agree lol it's so true. I hesitate someone time when I do quests because I'm not sure if I will be able to do it alone or not

Defender
Sep 09, 2012
Are you kidding? I love life it is a good school and it is very effective against death what you find a lot.it is my secondary school and very reliable not just for healing but for attacking too.
Emma Emeraldsword lvl 50

Explorer
Feb 05, 2011
Same here! LOL!
Jared Shadowbreaker Level 64

Mastermind
Jun 02, 2013
Well Life substitutes low damage for extremely high health, low fizzle ratings, and being able to help heal themselves/others better than anyone else in the game. If you want to hit hard, train colossus and sun school spells like that, or use training points to get some storm school spells.

Survivor
Aug 15, 2012
Well I'm somewhat in the middle. I do find life's attacking spells to be somewhat weaker than the other schools, but what most of you theurgist fail to realize is that just like aforementioned life has weak attacks because we have high accuracy, high health, healing, and good defense. Think about it if say storm(seems everyone no matter life or not likes to use storm in examples) had high accuracy, health, defense AND got to keep their high damaging attacks would that be well balanced? no it would not. KI has made it so that each school has an advantage and a disadvantage. Life sacrifices high damage attacks for high health, the best accuracy, the best healing, and good defense where as storm sacrifices high health, defense, and accuracy for the best attacks in the game. It's a trade off of one or the other you can't have both, or else you would probably be . I hope you theurgist see how this is indeed fair. Also we theurgist are pretty powerful with are gnomes! and spinysaur . No longer will we be discouraged by a single life shield with are level 88 spell >:3

David Willow breeze, level 68 legendary

Defender
Sep 18, 2010
Theurgists are indeed very good wizards, they have beautiful spells(some could need a little more animation or at least a forest floor). They've got advantages and disadvantages. For example; high accuracy(all though I've been fizzling a lot), high health, and fair defense. However, this school is becoming terrible-regardless of opinions. If anyone pays attention to PvP you'll notice very little Earth Wizards near any level higher then corporal. One reason is due to all their reliable spells being stopped by positive wards and negative charms(infection and entangle), as well all the other schools spam their rank X spells or minions stalling a grand attack. And it's hard to juggle our stats prior to the fact that it's never good enough and if we use jade attire or TC everyone complains and calls us noobs....anyways onto questing. When we quest it's extremely difficult because our school was never meant to be solo and when we finally get an AOL spell it takes forever to charge. However, with the release of Azteca it at least allows us to grab sole time in getting our charms prepared. And, as well if we want good damage we need to train Sun spells which stalls us in the making of getting good damage. But anyways, I'd also like to share to ideals(one a new spell and the other a a suggestion. How about a spell called Recycle that removes all negative charms on the caster and transforms it into a blade or heal charm? The other is to add a plus 10% natural pierce to centaur since the other two spirit schools have an additional affect.
That's all for now....

~Sincerly, Hunter the Verdant Emerald...

Mastermind
Feb 06, 2010
Emerald9649 on Jul 28, 2013 wrote:
Theurgists are indeed very good wizards, they have beautiful spells(some could need a little more animation or at least a forest floor). They've got advantages and disadvantages. For example; high accuracy(all though I've been fizzling a lot), high health, and fair defense. However, this school is becoming terrible-regardless of opinions. If anyone pays attention to PvP you'll notice very little Earth Wizards near any level higher then corporal. One reason is due to all their reliable spells being stopped by positive wards and negative charms(infection and entangle), as well all the other schools spam their rank X spells or minions stalling a grand attack. And it's hard to juggle our stats prior to the fact that it's never good enough and if we use jade attire or TC everyone complains and calls us noobs....anyways onto questing. When we quest it's extremely difficult because our school was never meant to be solo and when we finally get an AOL spell it takes forever to charge. However, with the release of Azteca it at least allows us to grab sole time in getting our charms prepared. And, as well if we want good damage we need to train Sun spells which stalls us in the making of getting good damage. But anyways, I'd also like to share to ideals(one a new spell and the other a a suggestion. How about a spell called Recycle that removes all negative charms on the caster and transforms it into a blade or heal charm? The other is to add a plus 10% natural pierce to centaur since the other two spirit schools have an additional affect.
That's all for now....

~Sincerly, Hunter the Verdant Emerald...
How about an aura that turns all healing spells to damage spells that hit the enemy and absorbs become heal absorbs (Example of heal absorb: Someone has a heal absorb and without any boosts they cast a satyr on themselves which does 460 in healing if they are wearing a normal spirit armor that you gave them while the aura was up). The downside is they can't heal for 4 rounds. So a unicorn would be a great attack along with satyr.