Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why does no one like Celestia?

AuthorMessage
Squire
Jul 04, 2012
I am Level 46, in Dragonspyre, and i sometimes visit friends in Celestia. But i was wondering, why does everyone hate it so much? I love everything about it when i am there. I know that no one gets pulled into battles, which is why everyone hated Marleybone, so why???

Thanks!!!

Angela Gem
Level 46
school

Defender
Oct 21, 2010
I know one of the reasons I disliked Celestia was that it was a long drawn out world, that just in my opinion took too long. I know allot of people may agree with me, that Celestia could've ended sooner. Really, I'm not sure what else is wrong with it.

-See Ya In The Spiral!!

Julia DragonLeaf

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Angela Gem on Jul 11, 2013 wrote:
I am Level 46, in Dragonspyre, and i sometimes visit friends in Celestia. But i was wondering, why does everyone hate it so much? I love everything about it when i am there. I know that no one gets pulled into battles, which is why everyone hated Marleybone, so why???

Thanks!!!

Angela Gem
Level 46
school
You haven't really played it. Wait until you get there. You will be pulled into battles. You will be defeated. You will be frustrated and bored.
I am not a fan in any way of Celestia or the 2nd arc storyline. But have done/am doing it with two wizards. I'm sure I'll be there again.

Explorer
Dec 02, 2010
Even though it's not my favorite world, I like it, but I didn't at first. When it first was released, the difficulty of the enemies there was super-crazy. I remember those fire crab soldiers (the very first enemies you fight when you arrived there) critical'd left and right and the gear that was supposed to block critical attacks did nothing...and it didn't help that KI's confusing explanation of the critical/block system was of no kind of help. But once KI tweaked the difficulty back to reasonable levels, I ended up liking. I'd say my greatest reason for liking CL was because it was the world that introduced the Astral Schools, some of the best things to happen to the Spiral imo.

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
You have not been there yet as RavenLady said. I dislike Celestia because it is long, boring and the storyline just seems dull to me. I as well dislike all worlds Celestia-Azteca.

Survivor
Apr 16, 2011
Well, I just passed it like a week a go. And I would know that it is very long, hard, and the story wasn't the best (In my opinion). Plus if you don't like taking time to do the side quests and want to finish it fast, then when you do happen to finish it you may not be level 60 (The level to reach Zafaria) witch did happen to me.
Now when I played this I got defeated only like a million times and it was miserable. And if you are in Dragonspyre I advise getting on to crafting because on my second wizard I breezed through with crafted items, just a heads up.

Trevor IceCaster, Level 60

Good luck for the Future!

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
I don't understand the storyline, I had trouble there for I used my spells wrong, it was long.

Historian
Jul 18, 2010
Just started on my life wizard, immediately hated it to bits!!!!!! I am only level 51 and I did so well in dragonsypre (even at the end when the enemies tended to get rather harder and have more strategy) . I need help like all the time. I don't think when you first get there criticals should take place at all. The enemies critical and get power pips like crazy and I find myself constantly looking for a satyr .... I like the astral spells though, it makes the battle more cool with new schools that fit every school. Wait till you get there ..... It's a big change from dragonsypre ..... A very bumpy ride .... Not to make you scared lol

Survivor
Apr 03, 2012

Thanks!!!

Angela Gem
Level 46
school
I'm lvl 60 and still on Celestia( yes, that's the truth Zafarians) and I think the reason
Nobody likes it to much is because we are all introduced to the critical hit system.
Another reason is because just about all the bosses and many of the normal enemies begin with
More than 4 pips to their school( storm riven hall boss started battle with 4 power pips!) it is a bit unfair
But I don't hate it.

Colin SpiritDust lvl 60

Survivor
Aug 09, 2009

Thanks!!!

Angela Gem
Level 46
school
Personally I didn't like Celestia because right after the first battle, I got defeated. Right away they made a critical and defeated me within maybe one or two rounds Although I did enjoy the design of Celestia the battles got old very fast. It was hard to solo any of it without being at least level 54. I suggest always try to have a questing friend to help out!

Miranda StarBlood, level 70

P.S it gets better in Zafaria!

Explorer
Mar 20, 2010
The storyline is not very interesting. It does not make very much sense and you get the feeling the majority of the world is there as filler. Why in the world did we need to do something with the Storm Triton and reignite an alter, exactly? It's great and all that we get to rescue these people and restore the purity of the water for the guys on the Floating Land, but how does any of this relate to Morganthe and the second arc? I've done Stormriven. The graphics were cool; the spells were too. But I'm halfway through still don't know how this relates to Morganthe.

Why are we defeating these people again? Ostensibly, to reclaim lost magic. Old magic that apparently the crabs bothered to learn. Somehow. The story just doesn't make sense, and there were too many sidequests.

-Myrna Deathblood, Legendary Diviner

Survivor
Jan 15, 2010
Energeia on Jul 12, 2013 wrote:
Even though it's not my favorite world, I like it, but I didn't at first. When it first was released, the difficulty of the enemies there was super-crazy. I remember those fire crab soldiers (the very first enemies you fight when you arrived there) critical'd left and right and the gear that was supposed to block critical attacks did nothing...and it didn't help that KI's confusing explanation of the critical/block system was of no kind of help. But once KI tweaked the difficulty back to reasonable levels, I ended up liking. I'd say my greatest reason for liking CL was because it was the world that introduced the Astral Schools, some of the best things to happen to the Spiral imo.
same that's what's happening to me!

Survivor
Jul 07, 2009
well for instance if you are doing this by yourself as a fire wizard you will encounter many problems in boss and minion fights plus there are way to many collecting missons making it long and over all borin
glevel 57

Survivor
Jan 01, 2012
one reason i dislike celestia is because its a sudden jump from easy to hard, no medium about it. it may also be due to the fact that i'm pretty much doing it alone, when i get help from freinds, we finish the battle, i say thank you and good bye, then come to another goal/quest i can't do alone.

howeve, one good side to it is it does have a nice theme (in the floating lands especialy) and great scenery. it has its ups and downs, but hey, what world doesn't?
hope you have fun when you get there, good luck

Survivor
Jul 20, 2013
Ignoring the difficulty and the disappointing unepic ending, I see nothing wrong about celestia.

Mastermind
Dec 17, 2010
I honestly don't see why everyone is complaining about Celestia. To me, it was not that hard, and I'm not even a Storm Wizard! I don't get why that everyone is saying "Celestia was to hard" or "The change from Dragonspyre to Celestia was to big!" The only thing I did not like about it was that not many zones were Underwater (When your character swims, not under the domes) when this was an Underwater world. The only world I think was to hard was Azteca.

-Nick

"When the battle get's deadly, summon a Death Shield."

Survivor
Sep 18, 2011
i like celestia. its good place with enemy and with all view and sound. i wish those celestian enmies can use all spell as mastery school. that will be great

Survivor
Sep 18, 2011
Unicorns And Drago... on Jul 11, 2013 wrote:
I know one of the reasons I disliked Celestia was that it was a long drawn out world, that just in my opinion took too long. I know allot of people may agree with me, that Celestia could've ended sooner. Really, I'm not sure what else is wrong with it.

-See Ya In The Spiral!!

Julia DragonLeaf
if you didnt like celestia you will never able to like other world i believe. if you talking about long drown, moshoo is longest one. i dont say i dont like it i love it, wish all enemy uses those spell as mastery be honest.

Survivor
Sep 18, 2011
i am reading most of the part what you guys write there and i smile. those celestia enemies cannot use power pip as double white pip. what hard are you all talking about. its one of the easy place. if you think you die there that is hard, lol you will die many times on any place if you don't protect yourself against them. i die lot but i know all my mistake to die for :P dont blame celestia or other places, blame yourself to not play careful :P

Survivor
Feb 02, 2013
I got bugged from Celestia because of those cheating bosses but when i put on critical gear it seems the world gotten easy but i can't answer your question i am starting Zafaria tomorrow which is great but i hope you get to the point.

Zachary Whisper Lvl 58, Storm Wizard.

Survivor
Jul 27, 2008
I don't mind Celestia really. It was interesting for the introduction for Morganthe. It made me eagerly want to play more and more to see more about the Morganthe. Although, it did get really boring towards the end only reason behind that was it was just way to long. Some of the things were somewhat pointless and it just bore me to death.

I did on the other hand did like how the world was created like an seaworld type of area. The last boss was really interesting and i did love fighting him along with friends it was really interesting. But it really all depends on the person who is playing Celestia. I for one liked and disliked Celestia.

-Steven Skythief lvl 82

Defender
Jun 17, 2012

Thanks!!!

Angela Gem
Level 46
school
it was a long, hard, world. I know a few wizards who would not continue celestia because the story took too long, the world was hard, and i know someone who stopped because mallistare wasn't the main bad guy anymore. when i got into zafaria i was literally dancing. when i beat zafaria i went into Avalon and had some problems in Avalon, but not as bad as celestia.
Justin firethief lvl 95
paul iceflame lvl 16

Survivor
Aug 09, 2012
I actually happened to like Celestia a lot, it was very easy for me, the setting was awesome (under water) and there were dogs everywhere. Also there were Astral spells!! The only real downside was the story didn't make sense and the fact that when I did it, it took forever to collect one thing (for example, I had to kill sharks to get 6 teeth, and only 1/50 sharks had teeth, logic much? )

Explorer
Feb 02, 2011
Survivor
Mar 26, 2012
2 things:
Its long
Its WAY to hard to solo()