Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Can't locate Stone Roses & a Tome!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 15, 2013
Hello Wizarding Community...

I am having a heck of a time locating the Stone Roses that the game says are supposed to be located in the Grand Chasm and the Labyrinth. I have searched this forum for advice, found some, went to check in-game to see if the advice was accurate, and unfortunately it wasn't. Has the location of these roses been moved perhaps (to other map areas maybe?) Anyway, they aren't where others have claimed they should be, and I've done my best to comb the areas in question so I'm stumped.
On a related note, I can't seem to locate any Tome (for the Secret History of Dragonspyre Quest) in the Drake Hatchery. There aren't many places it could be kept, and the only place where it makes sense to put it is in the dungeon where you find your Drake Egg, but I checked it twice and didn't see anything.
Not sure what else to do at this point, so if anyone has an insight to any of this, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

Delver
May 04, 2009
jmcchau on Jul 5, 2013 wrote:
Hello Wizarding Community...

I am having a heck of a time locating the Stone Roses that the game says are supposed to be located in the Grand Chasm and the Labyrinth. I have searched this forum for advice, found some, went to check in-game to see if the advice was accurate, and unfortunately it wasn't. Has the location of these roses been moved perhaps (to other map areas maybe?) Anyway, they aren't where others have claimed they should be, and I've done my best to comb the areas in question so I'm stumped.
On a related note, I can't seem to locate any Tome (for the Secret History of Dragonspyre Quest) in the Drake Hatchery. There aren't many places it could be kept, and the only place where it makes sense to put it is in the dungeon where you find your Drake Egg, but I checked it twice and didn't see anything.
Not sure what else to do at this point, so if anyone has an insight to any of this, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!
This link gives detailed maps with a "green arrow" showing the locations of the stone roses:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Quest:The_Stone_Roses#tab=Quest_Guide

The Labyrinth rose is easy to find. It is in a corner, behind the Gallium Paladin. The only problem is that you are going to have to do part of The Labyrinth again to reach that area.

The Grand Chasm rose is a little harder to find. Details are on the link above. It explains that you must enter the instance/dungeon for The Grand Chasm Past. As soon as you enter, turn right and go to the end of the hall. The rose is on the wall, on your left, but it is very high up and hard to see.

The history book in The Drake Hatchery is in the Giant Homonculus' Tower. To get to his tower, you must pick up a side quest that starts with Sunbrand in The Drake Hatchery. This link shows where to find Sunbrand:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Location:The_Drake_Hatchery

And this link gives details on the quest you need:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Quest:Cry_Freedom

On that link, you can click on "prequests" to see what you might have missed.

Hope that this helps.