Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

help please i'm having a Pet issue

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 30, 2013
i have the pig pet and the cyclops pet from the quest rewards and i recently purchased a $20 game card and i got the frost cat and i can not change pets no matter hwat i do is there a level requirement to change pets or am i just bugged there is no button to change pets if i double click nothing i have tried to google the answer and cant find 1 as of yet thank you for your time and or patience

Defender
May 11, 2012
Just as you need to equip the clothes and other things you use for your character, you need to equip your pet. Go to the pet icon in your backpack. Select the pet you wish to use, click on it once, then go to the bottom and click on the equip sign (the fist on the bottom). When it is showing a closed fist, that pet is equipped. To un-equip it, click on the fist again, and it will show an open fist for that pet. Good luck!

Delver
May 04, 2009
ArcAngelous on Jul 3, 2013 wrote:
i have the pig pet and the cyclops pet from the quest rewards and i recently purchased a $20 game card and i got the frost cat and i can not change pets no matter hwat i do is there a level requirement to change pets or am i just bugged there is no button to change pets if i double click nothing i have tried to google the answer and cant find 1 as of yet thank you for your time and or patience
Just like any other piece of equipment (hat, robe, wand, etc.), you must "equip" your pet.

Open your backpack. Click on the "pet" icon at the top of your screen. Then click (or double-click) on the pet that you want to equip.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
ArcAngelous on Jul 3, 2013 wrote:
You are looking in your back pack and along the top you are clicking on the pets icon and then when the list of pets comes up you are double clicking on the one you want to equip?

You can not change pets by using the icons down the side you must be in regular backpack view. If this doesn't work you may have a bug there.

Survivor
Dec 23, 2010
Press 'B' to go into your backpack. then you will have an array of different things located in your backpack. one of them will be the pet icon. click this, then double click the pet you want to equip. if this doesn't work, click the pet you want, then click the fist contained inside a blue circle near the bottom of your screen. this should equip your pet. (Extra Note: You can also press 'i' to view the stats of your pets, along with all of its information. this page is only for the stats however and you CANNOT equipped pets here.

Hope I helped

~ Valerian FireBreeze LV 90
~ Galen FireBreeze LV 5
~ Wolf FireBreeze LV 5
~ Angel FireBreeze LV 20
~ Kane FireBreeze LV 5
~ Logan FireBreeze LV 31

SEE YOU IN THE SPIRAL

Squire
Jul 28, 2011
Step 1 - go to your notebook
Step 2 - Go to your backpack
Step 3 - Select pets
Step 4 - choose the pet you want
Step 5 - click equip at the bottom

Now you should have your pet beside you

Angela DS

Survivor
Jun 07, 2013
I'm having an issue to with my pet, recently i started to train my Brave hound, which i got from the code sent to one of my emails and i got it to adult, then i researched it and found that its always supposed to give you spiritly at at teen, but mine all it gives me is "may cast myth shield" and "may cast myth trap" little help here

Defender
Feb 16, 2010
what lvl are you? if your at the lvl where you cant have pets maybe the game wont let you. if your the right lvl's change the pets like cloths. see you in the spiral

-jack skullbreeze master of fire