Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Energizing battery

AuthorMessage
Defender
Aug 12, 2012
I don't usually pet train (I usually stop at teen so I can play in the derby), but thanks to Wizard101 Central Wiki I noticed that my Betta Fish can get a "may cast healing current" with the Energizing Battery talent. I want to train my pet properly to get this talent, but what should I train it most in? Is it strength, agility, intellect or will. Those are all the healing ones, so I figured it might be one of those. All questions/answers welcome!

-Nathaniel Redflame

Survivor
Nov 23, 2011
I trained my Beta focusing on Power and Agility, so those two maybe

Delver
Jul 20, 2009
Talents are predetermined at birth, so you have a 10% chance of actually getting the talent. Basically, the stats that you train doesn't affect the cast rate of it.

Defender
Aug 12, 2012
Wolf Thunderhunter on Jul 3, 2013 wrote:
I trained my Beta focusing on Power and Agility, so those two maybe
Ok. Thanks! I already started training it in Agility and Intellect, so by the time it's Ancient (it's an adult right now) It should have it. Thanks for the helpful reply!

Survivor
Aug 28, 2011
I don't know. Someone said that when you feed your pet the 6-rank dragon fruit it makes it far easier to get Spritely. And I fed my Phoenix that fruit when I ran out of mega snacks, and it made no difference. You could try the agility and intellect combo though.

Defender
Sep 19, 2010
Back when I was still not very good at pet hatching, the best pet I had managed to get was a sea dragon with spell proof storm proof spritely and sharp-shot. Then I hatched with a guy that told me if you focus only on strength, agility, and power, you will get resistance and may cast talents most often. I was a little bit of a skeptic, but I went ahead and bought some glowing taffy and went for it.
That pet now has 10% universal resist, 5% universal resist, may cast fairy, may cast sprite, and may cast unicorn.

Just a tactic that worked for me.

Survivor
Feb 25, 2013
I'm working on my new pet polar bear cub if your an ice wizard I suggest you this pet first you have to buy winterbane bundle or hatch

Defender
Feb 16, 2010
well, it is good to balance out all the stats. but if you want to focus on healing balance out the healing stats. that should get it

jack skullbreeze

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
Pet talents are set at birth. Snacks and games don't affect what they learn, just how quickly they level and the amount for talents that boost wizard stats (resist, health, accuracy, damage, etc). My first two Beta Fish got healing current though, so the odds don't seem too bad. Best of luck!

Defender
Aug 12, 2012
OhThatKid123 on Jul 9, 2013 wrote:
I'm working on my new pet polar bear cub if your an ice wizard I suggest you this pet first you have to buy winterbane bundle or hatch
My parent's said that the $39 bundles are too expensive, so they'll only buy the $29 ones and it's hard for me to get money without an allowance, but my birthday was yesterday so I might get some money soon. Thanks for the advice!

Mastermind
Feb 06, 2010
Little Dragon Spar... on Jul 3, 2013 wrote:
Ok. Thanks! I already started training it in Agility and Intellect, so by the time it's Ancient (it's an adult right now) It should have it. Thanks for the helpful reply!
Well it's unpredictable. Like a real pet. You could be dissapointed when it gets to ancient. Right now you have a 12.5% chance or learning it at ancient. It's just the math man.
Critical Death