Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Easy Storm Pets

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 21, 2009
Can someone please tell me an easy storm pet that is obtainable? I am level 21 and I am in desperate need of a storm pet. I tried looking through wikis and fansites but they all show the gift card and endgame pets - I can't seem to find one by looking around shops either. Can someone help me?

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
The only one that comes to my mind right on the bat is the Stormzilla pet, but you'd have to level up 27 times and complete the Storm Lord quest to get it. For a pet at that level, it's okay. Nothing to write home about, but it certainly isn't the worst pet and you can get many cool hybrids with it.

Historian
Jul 18, 2010
There are not many storm pets that are available at your level unfortunately . Try typing in the term "storm pets" on wizard101 wiki. You can then see a bunch of storm pets you can obtain. Since ur only lvl 21, ask a higher lvl friend to take you to the dungeons or bosses you need to defeat . I hope you get a good storm pet soon

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Chances are you could hatch with someone that has a school storm pet, and get a school storm pet.

Start out with something that has good general abilities and find someone who would be willing to hatch and back-hatch with you to get at least storm-giver and maybe storm accuracy along with any healing spell.

The problem with school pets is that they have a fair number of selfish talents that make them look bad compared to crown and gift card pets. So you'll often see people with baby zilla and baby triton let to run loose in their dorms, because those are both pets with a bad chance at selfish talents. Kraken is slightly better.

Once you have a serviceable storm pet, focus on hatching to get the talents you want onto a non-school-affiliated pet. This will save you time later when you want to switch to a new wizard of a different school and need to start from scratch to get a pet.

In short, start with a pet that is not a piggle or a cyclops. Find someone who will hatch with you so you get a kraken. Train kraken. Back-hatch as needed to get rid of the starter pet abilities and bring out the useful storm abilities.

When you get to CL there's a couple choices for you to upgrade. The boss Cuthalla sometimes drops a spinyfish which is a better storm pet. Astraeus also drops sea dragon, which is the best all-school pet for strengthening other hatches. finally several bosses in Zafaria drop a pink jellyfish. They are either very difficult or cheating bosses, so you'll need to be leveled and prepared to go get the drop.