Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

what school is the best for me?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 14, 2012
Ok so for the past few months now I have been trying to figure out what school is right for me to start out with. I am not really new to the game because once I made a balance person and made all the way to celestia. But I decided I did not want to be balance anymore so I am starting completely over but question is what school should I be? I have the personality of death, Almost all the time I get myth from the test and sometimes I get balance from the test. I also get death too and fire just seems really cool and useful. So if you guys could help me decide that would be great.

?????

Survivor
Jan 02, 2013
Defender
Jun 23, 2011
Pick life
Life is very helpful whenever you are doing a dungeon with other people and people all the time wants a life with them because how helpful life really is.
Hope it helped

Survivor
Jun 13, 2012
I think wizards are the best because they are the most effective during group play and can shield/support their teammates. As a balance wizard myself, I have won many battles and I can pretty much hold my own. We may not have as much healing as life or death does, but with good strategy and lots of blades/shields our power is incredible. We have the second highest health in game, which was a good thing for me because along with those elemental and spirit shields, I could survive longer. If you use balance spells properly such as elemental blades with elemental traps, hex, curse, feint, balance blade, tri blade and hydra, you can do enormous power. Same goes with chimera. Hope this helped!

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
You can be a rebel and skip the test.

Picking a school can be tough. It really comes down to your play style. I find I relate better then to some schools over others so usually run though part of Mooshu before I find it's not really happening for me.

Here are my takes on the schools as I have tried them all now.

Death or Ice if you will be solo a lot, sometimes not always by choice. You also can be sun spot person more then a follower in tough instances with these schools.

Storm or Fire if you want power - be prepared to work on that fizzle rate and you may or may not need some help with the second arc with long dungeon areas.

Altho Balance can solo ok as with Myth being in a group with these makes them shine. I found Balance work to learn but Myth was actually fun.

Life, my fav, if you are prepared for a somewhat of a slow crawl though the Spiral and don't mind waiting 58 levels for your all around spell. My Life wizard is swiss army knife, I can heal and deal but it takes time to hone these skills. She is no ones minion for sure and I resent the label of "healer". I soloed though Zafaria pretty much with this wizard and only did Avalon because a family member wanted help there.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
ejrox1028 on Jun 28, 2013 wrote:
Ok so for the past few months now I have been trying to figure out what school is right for me to start out with. I am not really new to the game because once I made a balance person and made all the way to celestia. But I decided I did not want to be balance anymore so I am starting completely over but question is what school should I be? I have the personality of death, Almost all the time I get myth from the test and sometimes I get balance from the test. I also get death too and fire just seems really cool and useful. So if you guys could help me decide that would be great.

?????
You're going to get answers like those already posted over and over again. Everyone has their favorites.
Create a Death wizard and play a bit. If you don't like him/her, delete and start Myth, etc. Only you can truly decide what school(s) are right for you

Survivor
Apr 28, 2013
Go for really strong and cool 'cause I am in fire.

Survivor
Apr 26, 2011
I cant really answer that. All i can say is answer the quest HONESTLY. And that is your answer. Hope this helped the slightest bit.

RachelSpellCaster

Survivor
Jan 30, 2013
The real question is that if you want to solo. For soloing I would do Myth, Life, Balance, or Death. If you plan on doing the worlds with a couple of friends (Save for a few required solo battles) I would pick Storm, Fire, or Ice.

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
Well, here are the pros and cons of each school. Top pro, middle con, bottom accuracy.

Fire
Damage over time, high hitting spells
Great school, but kinda average and it has low health.
75%

Ice
Stun, tower shield, highest health
Weakest attack spells so you struggle at the beginning ( have a ice in KT.)
80%

Storm
Hits HUGE damage, going through WC is a breeze if used correctly
But, 30% of all times it fizzles, plus lowest health.
70%

Life
Life heals, life has absorbs, and tends to have good strategy. Highest accuracy.
Not very many attack spells to choose from at the start.
90%

Death
Attack and healing at the same time. Pretty good health. Good for solo.
Attacking is sorta weak, but it is my fav school.
85%

Myth
Also can stun (read ice), and minions.
Minions help for levels 10-30. Not many people like this school although I do.
85%?

Best for solo- death
Award for overall my opinion-!

Hope this helps,
Molly65

Ps, for others-

Balance
Shielding, blading, nice attack spells, weakness.
Challenging levels 1-60, best in group and pvp.

Survivor
Sep 17, 2010
Molly the Balance ... on Jun 30, 2013 wrote:
Well, here are the pros and cons of each school. Top pro, middle con, bottom accuracy.

Fire
Damage over time, high hitting spells
Great school, but kinda average and it has low health.
75%

Ice
Stun, tower shield, highest health
Weakest attack spells so you struggle at the beginning ( have a ice in KT.)
80%

Storm
Hits HUGE damage, going through WC is a breeze if used correctly
But, 30% of all times it fizzles, plus lowest health.
70%

Life
Life heals, life has absorbs, and tends to have good strategy. Highest accuracy.
Not very many attack spells to choose from at the start.
90%

Death
Attack and healing at the same time. Pretty good health. Good for solo.
Attacking is sorta weak, but it is my fav school.
85%

Myth
Also can stun (read ice), and minions.
Minions help for levels 10-30. Not many people like this school although I do.
85%?

Best for solo- death
Award for overall my opinion-!

Hope this helps,
Molly65

Ps, for others-

Balance
Shielding, blading, nice attack spells, weakness.
Challenging levels 1-60, best in group and pvp.
i feel sometimes like ice is the best for solo because of high health and resist but maybe it's just me

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Here I go....
Fire-Defeat enemies with DoT spells, offensive school, bad accuracy and health until higher levels.
Ice-The tanking school. High health, resistance. Not best at damage however.
Storm-Offensive. Loads of damage, but bad at accuracy and health. Accuracy gets better at higher levels, so does health. (But the health is still low..)
Balance-Little bit of everything. (But you already have a balance so.)
Death-Draining spells. Can be very offensive if you want to. You have good accuracy as well.
Life-Lots of healing, excellent accuracy, good health. Low on damage.
Myth-Minion class, good at single hit spells mostly.
It depends....
-Jasmine FireBlade, level 86 pyromancer.

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
Promeathean Master on Jul 3, 2013 wrote:
i feel sometimes like ice is the best for solo because of high health and resist but maybe it's just me
Ice is a great school, I have one, but it is harder al lower levels. Resist and high health is good, but if you want to be an ice you need a lot of time for battles.

Survivor
Dec 03, 2010
If you work well as a team choose myth
if you like doing stuff by yourself choose storm or fire
but if you like health choose death, ice, or life
though balance is cool for blades and shields but not good for hitting weak points in enemies.
But it's not as cool an experience if you don't choose from answering the questions truthfully.

Lucas Iron Dreamer

Survivor
May 21, 2013
you should make a death since death doesn't really need a mastery but if you do get one get a balance mastery XD because death is great for solo it is my best school it can heal with it's own attacking spells you can also easily go through absorbs without having to waste time destroying them so i hope this works but if you don't like death go with myth :P (Blaze ravenmender lvl 53 Blaze moonmender promethean)

Survivor
May 21, 2013
Caroline BlueGem on Jun 29, 2013 wrote:
I think wizards are the best because they are the most effective during group play and can shield/support their teammates. As a balance wizard myself, I have won many battles and I can pretty much hold my own. We may not have as much healing as life or death does, but with good strategy and lots of blades/shields our power is incredible. We have the second highest health in game, which was a good thing for me because along with those elemental and spirit shields, I could survive longer. If you use balance spells properly such as elemental blades with elemental traps, hex, curse, feint, balance blade, tri blade and hydra, you can do enormous power. Same goes with chimera. Hope this helped!
we have the third highest because of life and feint is a death spell XD

Survivor
Nov 15, 2009
If ur birthmonth is september-ice
July-fire
February-storm
November-myth
August-death (I think)
June-life
December-balance

Hoped this helped :)

Explorer
Jun 08, 2012
ejrox1028 on Jun 28, 2013 wrote:

?????
So if death is your personality i would go with that. Cause you don't wanna be what somewhere else wants you to. It'll be like me not liking football but i played it anyways cause that's what everyone wanted me to do. Go with what you want. I would just go with death since it's your personality.

Survivor
Nov 15, 2012
Im a lvl72 wizard and i think you should choose either fire or storm they deal great amounts of damage and dont wory about the defense and accuracy once you lvl up your gear will fix those problems.
Hope this helps

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
I would go with fire because fire is made of 100% awesomeness

Survivor
Jul 04, 2013
pick storm with a secondary of life or death or something that heals because of storms low health

Chase RavenBlade 21storm

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2012
wizard of all on Jun 29, 2013 wrote:
Be its the best
Not it's not, none are. I hate it when people say that my school is the best or this school is the best. Anyway, I think you should pick myth. Who doesn't like annoying bosses with earthquake?

Defender
Jan 21, 2011
Bragging about how fire is the best won't help his decision you two . I was a level 58 Myth when I beat a Level 62 Fire. Anyway, it depends, I prefer Myth because of its strategy, and if the test results in Myth most of the time .... GO FOR IT!!!!

Defender
Sep 09, 2012
Conjurers are very good at solo. Plus some spells strike twice. And fire may brag, but let me remind them that they fizzle. A LOT.
Emma Emeraldsword lvl 54

Explorer
May 09, 2010
Go with . even with bad gear. when you attack you heal.