Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Looongg and Boooorrring

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Mar 13, 2012
Who here thinks Celestia is way to long and boring!? * Rasies hand * I've completed it long ago, but now my brother is in Celestia? Please, tell me i'm not crazy for feeling this way!

Squire
Jul 28, 2011
Hey Alura, your not crazy.

I didn't understand the storyline at all (shadow queen this, stopping sharks, shadow queen that) If I don't get the storyline, it makes it boring. Don't even ask about the defeat and collect. It was indeed very long..........

I know lots of people who are not big fans the CL. The only parts of it I found interesting were the floating land and underwater parts.

We can't all be crazy

Your friend,
Angie D

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Stormriven and Science Center were huge drags.

Grotto and Floating Land were cool. Crustacean Empire was sort of neat in that it had lots of Byzantine senatorial backstabbing and pirates and neat little areas.

Throw out the entire Shadow Web garbage plot and you have the makings for a really interesting world.

Grotto, Survey, and Stormriven could be H. P. Lovecraft-themed areas. Break up the three Grotto Elder Monsters and put one in each area, with their own flavors of minions and cultists.

District of the stars, Portico, Chancel, Science Center, and Spheres should stay as-is with lots of astral monsters, goodies, and loot. Less running around in Stars, more puzzles and replay value.

Floating land is pretty neat as is, maybe tone down some of the silly broken-English the water mole chiefs use. I like the idea of having unique gardening and reagents available here in this faraway island paradise.

Stormriven and Stormriven Hall should actually be harder. Not as in the usual "hey let's cram as many bloated stormbag bosses in here as we can without crashing the server" but make it a slightly longer gauntlet with maybe a puzzle or a Sun boss. Take out all the shadow-web guys in the ossuary, replace with a good mix of astral and conventional school street mobs. The sharks overran the first three areas, the crustaceans got the last one, maybe let the Mollusca have a turf war in this area. Moon snails, harpoon snails, ink-throwing squid, giant octopus, and a massive Nautilus or ammonoid sun or star boss instead of Tempus Stormfist.

Glowing sponges, jelly mushrooms, giant clams, coral reef textures, seaweed, brain corals, and soft corals should all be furniture items you can find, buy, craft, or get as drops. For those wizards who want to actually live inside an aquarium!

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2012
wizardrokz on Jun 17, 2013 wrote:
Hey Alura, your not crazy.

I didn't understand the storyline at all (shadow queen this, stopping sharks, shadow queen that) If I don't get the storyline, it makes it boring. Don't even ask about the defeat and collect. It was indeed very long..........

I know lots of people who are not big fans the CL. The only parts of it I found interesting were the floating land and underwater parts.

We can't all be crazy

Your friend,
Angie D
The only two good things about Celestia to me; Watermoles!! They are platypuses, which are my favorite animals and a new story Arc!

Survivor
Mar 10, 2010
If we are on the animal topic here the anglers were definitely my favorite.

Lucas Trollpants 61

Historian
Jul 18, 2010
I don't get the storyline at all science this stop that metal this defeat and collect that... .. Over and over again.i like the scenery though, it's like Atlantis. The crabs and all are annoying with all those power pops and criticals...... (GROAN)....

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
No, you aren't crazy! The storyline doesn't even make sense! And its loooooooong and boring, and the defeat and collect.....Ugh...
-Jasmine FireBlade, level 86 pyromancer.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
You ain't seen nothing yet! Wait till you get to Zafaria. Wizard101 PvE is all about the repetitive grind. Hope you like repetitive collecting quests... because lots are coming up. Don't worry, most people agree Avalon is quite good if you can stick it out through Zafaria.

~ RH

Explorer
Jun 30, 2013
I liked the geography of Celestia but the plot didn't really amuse me too much.

Survivor
Jun 25, 2012
Alura BH on Jun 16, 2013 wrote:
Who here thinks Celestia is way to long and boring!? * Rasies hand * I've completed it long ago, but now my brother is in Celestia? Please, tell me i'm not crazy for feeling this way!
I hate the celestial bosses especially the one that summons minions and spam tower shields (I forgot his name)
And his battle is soooo long it literally wastes all my mana (solo) though I have like 380 mana

Paige Deathhunter level 90 Promethean (p.s. I also hate the sun boss, Mithraya. Too bright and I dont agree with the flaming wings. Super long battle when your a noob and fighting her solo)

Survivor
Aug 28, 2011
I thought Celestia was perfectly fine, but it's my opinion.

Survivor
Jul 23, 2012
I did find Celestia to be quite boring. It was a big step up from Dragonspyre. The mobs and bosses were much easier I think. Their was a lot of boss and dungeon killing too. I understood the storyline partly but it was long and drawnout trailing out in different directions. Zafaria is much easier in my opinion with a simple goal. Lot of mob killing though XD

~Taylor Swift~ Level 66

Survivor
Apr 18, 2013
Mastermind
Mar 13, 2012
RottenHeart on Jul 7, 2013 wrote:
You ain't seen nothing yet! Wait till you get to Zafaria. Wizard101 PvE is all about the repetitive grind. Hope you like repetitive collecting quests... because lots are coming up. Don't worry, most people agree Avalon is quite good if you can stick it out through Zafaria.

~ RH
Uh, I know... I am lvl 89 XD

Defender
Aug 12, 2012
Stormgem307 on Jul 3, 2013 wrote:
I don't get the storyline at all science this stop that metal this defeat and collect that... .. Over and over again.i like the scenery though, it's like Atlantis. The crabs and all are annoying with all those power pops and criticals...... (GROAN)....
If they're annoying, then sounds like you need more recent/decent armor...I buy new armor like every 5 levels.

Defender
Jun 16, 2011
I like the storyline the battles are fun too I really wish people liked it its my faveriote land ! but yes it is long but intringing

Elizabeth,lvl 59
see you in the spiral

Survivor
Nov 26, 2012
I totally agree!

I mean I have been doing cl for a while and I mean I am having no fun When I finished ds I thought cl was going to be a really fun world but guess what I thought wrong! the place is beautiful but ugh no fun! I got my hopes up
And 1 last thing the story line is so hard to fallow I just want to finish!

Scarlet Ravensword level 54

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
RottenHeart on Jul 7, 2013 wrote:

~ RH
LOL, quite true. At least CL is spread out with a little more running room. Drum Jungle gets a little tight. Avalon is better and actually has some fun for a change.

Those of you that have not done Grizz and WinterTusk, take a break from Cl. Yes, Grizz is a little boring but WinterTusk is fun and YOU WILL need WinterTusk soon. You will also gain a few levels, get some decent gear drops or craft some.

FW lvl 90 Theurgist in Twin Giants