Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The PvP system

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 06, 2011
Hello everybody. Just moments ago, I faced a warlord in PvP. Even though I won, it's starting to become a habit. At the moment, I am still a private. Each and every time I go into PvP match, i'm against someone at least three ranks higher than me. My suggestion is that we can maybe base PvP on level and rank, not just level to make things a little bit more fair.

Kindest Regards,
Kevin FireLeaf, Level 88

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
EpIc Marksman on Jun 12, 2013 wrote:
Hello everybody. Just moments ago, I faced a warlord in PvP. Even though I won, it's starting to become a habit. At the moment, I am still a private. Each and every time I go into PvP match, i'm against someone at least three ranks higher than me. My suggestion is that we can maybe base PvP on level and rank, not just level to make things a little bit more fair.

Kindest Regards,
Kevin FireLeaf, Level 88
PvP has been based on level and rank for a long time. In one of the more recent updates, KI attempted to fix this by reducing the rank factor in the Matching system. Unfortunately, with some players still puppeting, it doesn't solve the problems of being matched with some one with a higher rank. Many players also can and do rank up in 1v1. No matter what is done, there is always going to be someone of higher rank.