Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Creation failed: Invalid 3D device type error

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 02, 2013
This appear to be the most annoying error, yet for me.. When i sign up for Wizard101 on my Window 8 new Samsung PC it was working 100% fine, it all stopped after 3 month when my PC had a bot issue fixed we had to Install Window 7 Ultimate then all the updates(i think).

Its been a week i reported this issue to W101 ,but no respond back and i'm tired of waiting. My Membership is still working, i really thought i'm gonna play Wizard101 today for the record i tried some other things like: advance display setting, hardware acceleration to full, the command prompt, reinstalling both framework and wizard101 and i've been unable to find the right update device provider.

To be clear: It appear when i successfully open W101 > Log in > Load up > Then the ''Initialization error: Direct3D rendere creation error: Creation failed: Invalid 3D device type'' popped up near the blank W101 page.

I will gladly wait for any respond

Survivor
Mar 02, 2013
I'm losing patience.. I sent the report via my mail still not getting respond, what should I do? Will cost me time and money to buy a new PC just because to access W101

Survivor
Jun 17, 2012
try uninstalling w101 and then put it back on your computer i really do hope this helps good luck with your computer

Administrator
Our support team can help you but you need to contact us at support@wizard101.com - and when you contact support, please ensure that you give us:

->the account name
->the character name
->the operating system (Mac or Pc)
->your dxdiag file
->as much information about what you encountered as you can, including error messages or screenshots

NEVER send us (or anyone):
->your password
->your full credit card information

The more information you give up front, the faster your issue can be resolved. It can take up to 48 hours before you receive a response.

A DxDiag is a utility designed to display the specifications of your computer hardware, as well as to test DirectX software, including sound and video. If you are asked for this information, it helps the support group relate your gaming issue to your personal computer.

To create a dxdiag.txt just go to Start -> Run (or Search in Vista) and enter dxdiag and click OK. Once the program has run its course, click "Save all Information" and it will output a txt file that you can attach to your email.

community@wizard101.com
Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Decadinator on Jun 9, 2013 wrote:
I'm losing patience.. I sent the report via my mail still not getting respond, what should I do? Will cost me time and money to buy a new PC just because to access W101
I understand your frustration...though Professor Greyrose says support CAN help, they really don't anymore.
Since you changed your operating system, you will need to uninstall and then reinstall the game. (And good golly, don't buy a new PC for a game! sheesh!)

As for support... Professor, if you could have a nice chat with those folks and explain that we would like a response when we email them. The 24-48 hour window is okay I guess, but there are times when we never hear back at all. Not very supportive in my opinion.