Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What pet should I get during the sale

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 26, 2013
Hi, I was wondering what pet a should get during the sale, I could get any pet and the trait I want most is spritely, I am a balance wizard, thinking about sea dragon or snake in a basket.
Thanks, me

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
kwerky on Jun 5, 2013 wrote:
Hi, I was wondering what pet a should get during the sale, I could get any pet and the trait I want most is spritely, I am a balance wizard, thinking about sea dragon or snake in a basket.
Thanks, me
Snake in Basket will get Spritely at Teen, altho the Sea Dragon is a better pet in general it is not for sure you will get the talent in training.

Keeping this in mind if you really want spritely the Snake is a sure bet.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Northlite on Jun 5, 2013 wrote:
Snake in Basket will get Spritely at Teen, altho the Sea Dragon is a better pet in general it is not for sure you will get the talent in training.

Keeping this in mind if you really want spritely the Snake is a sure bet.
This is not correct. There is NO guarantee either pet will ever give spritely. Both have the talent, but only the possibility that this talent will come to fruition.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
kwerky on Jun 5, 2013 wrote:
Thanks, me
I would go with the Fierce Hound. First, it's not available anymore anywhere, and second, it does have spritely as one of it's talents.

Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
A sea dragon is an excellent choice for a universal pet. All talents are universal, not school based.
It also has great stats to start. It is what I used to get my ideal pet, which is also a sea dragon.
I did have a hard time getting the Epic talents out of the line. Piercemonger being the most stubborn.
But overall it has been exponentially easier to get good traits on my sea dragons than any school pets.

Squire
Jul 28, 2011
Snake in a basket has excellent balance potential powers, while Sea dragon has good universal powers. Snake in a basket though has been retired along with mega bundle. I would get snake in a basket

Survivor
Oct 06, 2012
you should get stormhound or fierce hound.

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2010
RavenLady777 on Jun 5, 2013 wrote:
This is not correct. There is NO guarantee either pet will ever give spritely. Both have the talent, but only the possibility that this talent will come to fruition.
Raven sorry your correction is wrong

Pets first generation from castle bundle pets get sprite at teen. If you hatch with them that free locked talent goes away. Same if you buy a nightmere in the crown shop they will always get unicorn at teen. If you get one from a pack or hatch that is not a give me talent that's locked.