Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Smoke Screen

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Sep 24, 2011
Hi, I bought a adorable pet leopard from the pet- a - paloza, that I named Fluffy !!!!!! I so far, trained Fluffy to a teen and got the talent of "may cast smoke screen spell" I don't know what that is! What does the smoke screen spell do? I have been in many battles but Fluffy hasn't bothered to cast it. So can someone tell me what that spell does? Also, can you do anything to make your pet cast it more often? Thanks ahead!,

Sophia Sparklestone

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
SophiaSparklstone on Jun 3, 2013 wrote:
Hi, I bought a adorable pet leopard from the pet- a - paloza, that I named Fluffy !!!!!! I so far, trained Fluffy to a teen and got the talent of "may cast smoke screen spell" I don't know what that is! What does the smoke screen spell do? I have been in many battles but Fluffy hasn't bothered to cast it. So can someone tell me what that spell does? Also, can you do anything to make your pet cast it more often? Thanks ahead!,

Sophia Sparklestone
There is nothing you can do to make any 'may cast' spells be cast more or less often.
Smoke screen info is here:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Spell:Smoke_Screen

Delver
Apr 20, 2011
Smokescreen is a spell that will reduce all enemies accuracy by 40%. It is just like having them "fizzle" but it doesn't always work as some enemies have a very high accuracy rating. Also it doesn't seem to trigger when they cast a shield or blade upon themselves.
I hope this info has been helpful for you and Fluffy

Explorer
Jul 13, 2012
Smoke screen will put a negative charm on your enemy/ies that will drop the accuracy of their next spell cast by 40%.

My pet rarely casts smoke screen and I'm not completely sure what triggers it. If you find out, please let me know.

Survivor
Dec 18, 2010
If you were a fire wizard (like me), you would probably know what 'Smoke Screen' is.

It reduces the accuracy of the next spell cast by 40%! For all enemies! The TC version of this is 45%.

So you basically have a big advantage in duels, lucky you! I have a pet phoenix and want the spritely spell so bad! I know it is an uncommon trait, but what percentage of chance do I have of getting it?

Explorer
Apr 08, 2011
Smoke Screen spell is a 1 pip fire spell that when cast, puts a -40% accuracy to next outgoing spell to all enemies.

Valerian DragonStalker
Promethean Sorcerer

Defender
Aug 26, 2011
RavenLady777 on Jun 3, 2013 wrote:
There is nothing you can do to make any 'may cast' spells be cast more or less often.
Smoke screen info is here:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Spell:Smoke_Screen
this is incorrect. just like any non-selfish talent, may cast talents get better when you increase their stats! just like spell defy gets stronger with str agi and pwr some stats will increase your may cast chance. i'm not sure which ones though.

Delver
Nov 05, 2011
dravenheart615 on Jun 3, 2013 wrote:
Smoke screen will put a negative charm on your enemy/ies that will drop the accuracy of their next spell cast by 40%.

My pet rarely casts smoke screen and I'm not completely sure what triggers it. If you find out, please let me know.
Successfuly casting a single spell attack.