Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Kinsisle- Pvp trust issues

AuthorMessage
Defender
Apr 22, 2012
If you don't trust other players you should be able to turn off the thing that allows spectators to see your spell, if you were hiding that you were fire, and you finally use a fire spell and you fizzle, say efreet, the spectators tell the other team and they shield, it's SO annoying please add this feature Kingsisle

Survivor
May 16, 2013
The NightSpear on May 27, 2013 wrote:
If you don't trust other players you should be able to turn off the thing that allows spectators to see your spell, if you were hiding that you were fire, and you finally use a fire spell and you fizzle, say efreet, the spectators tell the other team and they shield, it's SO annoying please add this feature Kingsisle
The spectators can only annouce things as they happen. An example would be a sport announcer. They don't know what is GONNA happen but what is HAPPENING.

I hope I cleared things up

Wolf Skullslingers other account (bamaboy78's sub ran out)

Explorer
Sep 05, 2010
PVP often brings out the worst in people for some reason.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Actually, there are some who bring a wizard from another account to be a 'spectator' and that 'spectator' can see what's being cast by the opponents. It can help the team with strategy and/or what their next move will be. Is it fair? Certainly not.

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
The NightSpear on May 27, 2013 wrote:
Actually, you cannot hide your school in PvP. In the upper left, in the Menu chat, go to battle orders and you can see small icons of the schools of your opponent(s).

Unfortunately, being able to see the exact spell being cast does cause me concern. For example, if I'm ice and I cast Balefrost, my opponent assumes it's a regular bubble at 25%. But what if I cast a treasure card Balefrost and now my opponent's friend can let him know that I cast a 45% bubble. This is information your opponent should not have.

Another example: My ice wizard has a coat that gives me an elemental blade. But it's a different elemental blade from the trained spell in Krokotopia, so it stacks with a regular elemental blade. But if my opponent's friend is watching closely he will see my coat elemental blade being cast and tell him that it's not a regular elemental blade. Again, this is information your opponent should not have.

And what if my balance wizard casts a regular weakness, then casts an extraordinary weakness, which stacks with the regular weakness? Now my opponent's friend can tell him that he has 2 stacked weakness on him, when he thought he had two regular weaknesses on him.

Just three quick examples of how knowing the exact card cast can give your opponent valuable information. This probably doesn't make a lick of difference until commander or warlord level, but I'm certain people are abusing this new and great combat view.

Last month we changed spectator mode so it doesn't show that spell that was cast when a player fizzles. It is our intent that spectator mode doesn't provide any tactical advantage to the PVP participants. If this is not the case, please let us know.

Arthur

Survivor
May 16, 2013
Arthur Wethersfiel... on May 29, 2013 wrote:
Last month we changed spectator mode so it doesn't show that spell that was cast when a player fizzles. It is our intent that spectator mode doesn't provide any tactical advantage to the PVP participants. If this is not the case, please let us know.

Arthur
Thanks Arthur! (I've been trying to convince them)

Squire
Mar 07, 2011

Arthur
Dear Arthur,

If you would read the post right above yours, you would see three clear examples where knowing someone's exact spell can give your opponent valuable information, thus giving them a tactical advantage.

My solution would be you cannot mouse over a spell to see it's exact nature. That way if I cast a treasure card bubble nobody can let my opponent know that.

Defender
Apr 22, 2012

Arthur
I was not aware of this, thanks Arthur!

Survivor
May 21, 2013
Malt22 on May 29, 2013 wrote:
Dear Arthur,

If you would read the post right above yours, you would see three clear examples where knowing someone's exact spell can give your opponent valuable information, thus giving them a tactical advantage.

My solution would be you cannot mouse over a spell to see it's exact nature. That way if I cast a treasure card bubble nobody can let my opponent know that.
dude it doesn't really give them an advantage because the spells only show as they are being casted and it shows a pass sign when the player fizzles and i don't see how people are really saying their friends can do that since it doesn't show spells before they are cast only when they are being casted -_- (Blaze ravenmender level 59 Blaze moonmender promethean)