Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

School advantages and Disadvantages

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 25, 2012
Hello everyone. My past one or two posts have been ignored a lot, so I'm deciding to try something that will not only help me, but hopefully some of you guys out there starting out on this amazing game. I present to you, The advantages and disadvantages of each and every school in the game. Well, maybe not the sun, moon, and star spells. I don't have very much knowledge of them . Also, when I am done, I will present what school I think will be better off playing for up until Dragonspyre.

Balance
To me, this school is a great school. It takes all of the different schools and mixes them into one school, washing out most of the cons of each of them. Just like it says when you choose it in the beginning, it changes the tides of battle. It can make the opponent weaker, it can give you a better chance of power pips, and its blade works for every school. Also, with its Hydra, you can deal three different schools of damage at once. It even heals you at times. Even though its great, near the start of the game, a few spells might outshine it. Plus, right after the first world is Krokotopia. Good luck getting through that easily .

Ice
This school is all about staying alive. Ice wizards have the most health out of all of the other schools, and a lot of their equipment give resistance to all of the different schools. Plus, they're the only other school than life to have a spell that completely avoids damage, and their tower shields are so hard to not notice . Even though they're good with defense, offence can sometimes get the better of them. They have attacks that aren't very strong, and near the beginning, like balance, the other spells can really outshine them.

Death
Oh, this school. Being a life wizard, I try to shun death. Anyhoo, death wizards are great at attacking hard and taking health back. I'm repeating this a third time, but it's true, near the beginning of the game, other spells might outshine the first few death spells, but by level 10 it's getting stronger. Oh, and you want to know a huge advantage from these guys? Their steal health spells completely avoid Spirit Armor and Frost Armor. Yeah, awesome . I really can't think of any cons other than Wizard City, the first world, having a pre-final boss and a final boss that are both death enemies.

Fire
Fire, to me, has the second best attack power next to Storm, but likewise has the second lowest accuracy, next to Storm. Unlike the others, Near the beginning of the game, Fire outshines almost every other school. Another awesome thing about it is its damage over time spells. Got a fire shield? Nope. Over time spell still gonna have a few hard hits. Again, I can't think about any cons for fire school. But this time, I really can't .

I have run out of characters left to type, or at least for the next school. My list will continue on my next post guys. Sorry for the inconvenience

Survivor
Jun 25, 2012
Hello again guys. This is the second part of my School Advantages and Disadvantages. Enjoy!

Myth
If you like going solo a lot, then this is the school for you. The reason is, whenever you're going solo, and you suddenly need help, you can pop a minion into the battle with you. Also, myth is the third most powerful school, and there is no expense of accuracy, as it has great accuracy. Plus, who wouldn't want to have the brother of the game's antagonist to be their teacher? A few things bad about it, though, is the teacher is sort of grumpy and makes remarks that some people might see unhelpful or rude. Really, if you learn a spell, there's a chance that Professor Drake will tell you , and I quote, "Now go run along in the road or something". Really Ambrose, you should talk to him about that.

Life
Here's my favorite school. Life! Life is all about healing yourself and others. Balance is the only other school with their own healing spells, but there's only two. Life, however has around seven healing spells, each one unique with their own healing power. My three most favorite healing spells are Satyr, which heals a whopping 860 health, Dryad, which is a spell that heals 200 health a pip, and Rebirth, which heals 800 to everyone and gives everyone a Spirit Armor that resists 400 damage. A big disadvantage, though, is that its attacks are the weakest of all of the schools. Even past Ice. Yup. That's why life is for the person that has at least one friend to rely on in case of an emergency.

Storm
Here's the final school I will talk about. Storm. A personal favorite of mine, Storm focuses mainly on power. Silly Storm focuses too much on power to worry about health at times. But it's sort of like ice in a way. Ice has lots of health and weak attacks, storm has a small amount of health but strong attacks. Don't see where I'm going? Ice slowly chips away at the enemy, as it works on the large amount of health, and storm thrashes at the enemy as it tries to barely defeat the storm. If you don't see where I'm going still, then, I don't know.

It's time!
The school I think is best for going through Wizard City, Krokotopia, Marleybone, Mooshu, and finally to Dragonspyre is...

Myth!
Some of you might be surprised, but think about it. Other than Cyclops Lane in Wizard City, most of the other worlds should be a breeze, especially when you have a minion to help you at a time of need.

I hope that this gets noticed, and that I have helped very much with your beginner's worries about which school to pick. Bye!