Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pixie and pests

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Oct 11, 2010
If a plant like a couch potato has pixie on them they wont get bugs - with this said what about plants near by with the like from the plant? Do these also have immunity to pests because they like pixie too?

I have often wondered if i am wasting energy putting up dragonflies on my potato's after they mature since many of them have pixie's on them by then. Your thoughts on this please. Thanks...

Note I am buying that new house that all plants get a like from the farm home love it! going to up my potato size from 40 to 72 so this will be useful information :) 4 plots of 18 that's the max i can do as 72x2 is 144 my energy max is 148 rule I had gone by is don't plant more than your energy's max to re-seed the garden(s)

Advise welcome please on the pixies :)

Defender
Jan 21, 2011
No, sadly. I recommend that once you get to Savannah in Zafaria and you have way too much money (or get the TC version of what i'm about to say) get either Dragonflies or Pest Zapper from Narley (or whatever his name is, they rhyme too much).

Survivor
Nov 26, 2011
I think spells that prevent pests are a waste of energy. Plants only develop needs or pests when you visit them. As long as you take care of all your plants needs and pests they will not come back until you visit the plant again. Tending plants should be the last thing you do in your house before you leave. Never log off from your house or switch to another wizard from your house. And only go to your house when you have enough energy to tend to all needs and pests. Plants will also only progress to the next stage when you visit them. If you follow those rules you can leave your plants indefinitely and not have to worry about them wilting when you return. Don't make gardening more more than it needs to be. I only visit my plants once a day. Some plants I tend to mature and do t return until I am sure that they reached elder. Enjoy.

Survivor
Jan 19, 2013
Where do i find a pest control spell for a level 5 garden imp? I am a level 39 player. My gardening is at level 6 now. Any ideas?

Survivor
Jan 19, 2013
Never mind, I found a fly swatter @ the gardeners' shop in Mooshu. Very expensive, 25000 gold, but it kills everything!

Survivor
Jan 08, 2013
How is it that im lvl 24, and lvl 6 gardener, and still cant get into mooshu for these higher lvl gardening items. Higher lvl plants should either not be dropped by such low minions, or have a warning. This will put a stop to me gardening until i get all the spells ill need.

is there something im missing here?

Survivor
Feb 15, 2013
im lvl 10 in gardening I just don't plant plants that are higher then lvl 3 im not in mooshu yet

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2010
Just Another Wizar... on May 30, 2013 wrote:
I think spells that prevent pests are a waste of energy. Plants only develop needs or pests when you visit them. As long as you take care of all your plants needs and pests they will not come back until you visit the plant again. Tending plants should be the last thing you do in your house before you leave. Never log off from your house or switch to another wizard from your house. And only go to your house when you have enough energy to tend to all needs and pests. Plants will also only progress to the next stage when you visit them. If you follow those rules you can leave your plants indefinitely and not have to worry about them wilting when you return. Don't make gardening more more than it needs to be. I only visit my plants once a day. Some plants I tend to mature and do t return until I am sure that they reached elder. Enjoy.
Though i stopped playing for now. My potato farm will die if i dont log in every 12 hours and take care of needs. All i would do is needs, harvest then go out to the pet pavilion to hatch then log off. seems that the added life from the red bard causes them to move along faster needing things faster. If i do needs at 7PM on a monday i log in at 630PM on Tuesday not even 24 hrs later they all are in progress to dead.

Now in the home before the red barn I could get away with once a day. My question really is if a plant has the pixie LIKE will other plants get pest due to pixie being a like for the bunch of them? I would like to see zone wide garden spells that are TRAINABLE let them be max gold or what not. would be cool to have 300 of one plant would be hard to run out of things :)

Survivor
Jun 08, 2013
I really think that pixies are kind of useless unless you are raising a plant that can get pests that are to strong for you to defeat, so if you were say rank 6 in gardening and a rank 5 pest came and you only had a rank 4 pest removal spell then I would cast the pixie as soon as possible.

Survivor
Feb 09, 2012
I am level 35 and a rank 7 gardener does anyone know what world u can get a rank four pest spell from
My dragon plant thing keeps getting rank four pests and dying

Survivor
Mar 04, 2012
The persistent bug spray for level 4 pests, Miniature Bloodbats, can be purchased from the garden trainer in Avalon. However, it is quest locked, so the trainer will not be present until you complete the quest in the later part of Avalon. You will Iikely have to over level 75 before you will get that far.

Survivor
Dec 12, 2009
i have a tiger lily and it has a pixie and i have no idea where it came from so can someone tell me where it came from?

Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
peanut pixie040 on Jun 26, 2013 wrote:
i have a tiger lily and it has a pixie and i have no idea where it came from so can someone tell me where it came from?
Some plants attract pixies on their own. Tiger Lilies are one of the best for attracting them.