Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Honorary Detective Badge

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 25, 2013
I completed all of the main quests of Marleybone, and after I got out of Big Ben, I talked to Sherlock Bones and Clancy. After they were done, I saw on the screen that I had gotten the Honorary Detective badge. I went to the badges part of my book thing to use it as my title, but it wasn't there! Anyone have a similar problem or know how to fix it?

Also, I tried going back to talk to them but it didn't work .

Survivor
Apr 28, 2013
I'm sorry you couldn't find it. :( Try searching in your badge book again -- it has some 30+ pages in it, you might have missed it. If I remember correctly, it's towards the bottom of one of the later pages, and it has a picture of Sherlock Bones...I think... Good luck finding it! :)

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
AwesomeGirl20818 on Apr 30, 2013 wrote:
I completed all of the main quests of Marleybone, and after I got out of Big Ben, I talked to Sherlock Bones and Clancy. After they were done, I saw on the screen that I had gotten the Honorary Detective badge. I went to the badges part of my book thing to use it as my title, but it wasn't there! Anyone have a similar problem or know how to fix it?

I think that you may have your badges confused.

This link shows all of the Basic Badges, along with their requirements:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Basic:Badges

If you scroll down to Page 4 on that link, you will find the Honorary Detective, which is given when you complete all of Officer McRuff's quests.

And then on Page 5, you will find the Honorary Engineer, which is given when you defeat Meowiarty.

Does this help?

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010

Hi again. After looking around again on the fansite, I think I might have found where your confusion came from. I just posted this message on the wizard101central.com forum:

"The Last Meow" quest dialogue incorrect?

I'm not sure which one of these is correct. In the quest, The Last Meow, where you defeat Meowiarty in Big Ben, at the end Mayor Pimsbury tells you "I hereby dub you Honorary Detective". Here is the dialogue from that quest:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki...Quest_Dialogue

But the list of Basic Badges shows "Honorary Engineer" at the end of that quest.

Honorary Detective comes from Officer McRuff's quests. This link shows the Wiki list of badges (see pages 4 and 5): http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Basic:Badges

It looks like the "dialogue" in The Last Meow might be wrong.

Explorer
Jan 03, 2013
AluraMist2 on May 19, 2013 wrote:
I think that you may have your badges confused.

This link shows all of the Basic Badges, along with their requirements:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Basic:Badges

If you scroll down to Page 4 on that link, you will find the Honorary Detective, which is given when you complete all of Officer McRuff's quests.

And then on Page 5, you will find the Honorary Engineer, which is given when you defeat Meowiarty.

Does this help?
I am pretty sure they are given by the mime in jail.

Survivor
Jul 08, 2009
Me too I have never been able to get that badge I got aeronaut etc. but not that badge it makes me mad to know that i never able to get that badge and i finished that world at lvl thirty fourth!!

Lvl 50 Wizard - Christopher Life Heart

Squire
May 10, 2013

You've gotten confused. After completing the Last Meow you get the "Honorary Engineer" badge, not the Honorary Detective Badge. You get the badge by Completing All Quests for Officer McRuff.
He won't give quests until you complete Marcel Meow guy in Scotland Yard. Marcel is the cat mime.