Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is this team fair?

AuthorMessage
Champion
Dec 01, 2011
Me (Promethean Pyromancer) with a friend (Grandmaster Conjurer)?

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
popcicool7777777 on Apr 22, 2013 wrote:
Me (Promethean Pyromancer) with a friend (Grandmaster Conjurer)?
are you guys within 5 levels of each other (levels, not ranks). if not, not really.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Nope. It's puppeting (if you and your friend are a team). What happens is, if you and your friend sign up as a team, many times the 'match' will be the average of your two levels. So, you could be matched with two Grandmasters, or Legendaries (or a combination of both).

Puppets think it's fair for them, but it's not fair to the other team that has to fight a L90 Promethean with better spells, gear and stats.

Explorer
Jan 07, 2010
BrynnerOfReign on Apr 24, 2013 wrote:
Nope. It's puppeting (if you and your friend are a team). What happens is, if you and your friend sign up as a team, many times the 'match' will be the average of your two levels. So, you could be matched with two Grandmasters, or Legendaries (or a combination of both).

Puppets think it's fair for them, but it's not fair to the other team that has to fight a L90 Promethean with better spells, gear and stats.
They are grandmaster and promethean, I dont consider that a puppet team. One is 90 the other 50, right? I consider puppet teams a very high level with a mid-level or lower, like 90 with a 30 or 50 with a 10. And I also consider a puppet team a level 90 with a very high rank like warlord or overlord who plays with another level 90 who has ranked his wizard down to level 0 or below 500 so that they will get easier matches.

Champion
Dec 01, 2011
Scarlette753 on Apr 24, 2013 wrote:
They are grandmaster and promethean, I dont consider that a puppet team. One is 90 the other 50, right? I consider puppet teams a very high level with a mid-level or lower, like 90 with a 30 or 50 with a 10. And I also consider a puppet team a level 90 with a very high rank like warlord or overlord who plays with another level 90 who has ranked his wizard down to level 0 or below 500 so that they will get easier matches.
Actually, the other is level 57. Sorry if I was not clear.

Thank you everyone who took the time to answer!

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
It really depends on a few factors. Team members really should not be more that 5 to 10 levels difference and that does not mean a lvl 90, lvl 80, and a lvl 70 on a 3v3. If you highest level is 90, all other team members should be at least lvl 80 or higher. A lvl 90 and lvl 50 would still be considered a puppet team.

And as QueQueg stated, it may not be a fair match for the other team. For instance, the other team may both be lvls 45-50. It would not be a fair match against your lvl 90-50 team.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Sorry, but a 40 level difference IS a puppet team. According to what you wrote, the level 90 and 50 are not a puppet team, yet you say a puppet team is a very high level with a mid-level (or lower). Hmm. Let's see .... Level 90 (very high level) and a level 50 (mid-level). So, your own analysis is flawed.

Back to our regularly scheduled program ........ A team with a L90 and L57 is considered puppeting.

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
No, well now it actually is because of the new update. Good luck with the higher levels now, instead of the puppeting.

Survivor
Dec 31, 2011
I would consider that a puppet team. I have once faced a Archmage Pyromancer and a Grandmaster Conjurer. Being a transcendent at the time, I thought it was unfair. I got a 452 rank I 2v2 with a Commander. We get Warlords. So rank doesn't play a big role in matches. Because I get Warlords or Privates in 1v1.

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
Alex, I'm not calling you a puppet users cause i know you despise them, but that is a puppet team. Anything over 20 levels in difference is puppet...

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
And the Puppet teaming still continues as before. Lvl 90/lvl 20 vs lvl 52/lvl 53. As long as it does continue, none of my wizards will return to the Arena.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
I watched a 2v2 the other night:

L90 Fire/L20 Life ..... vs ..... L59 Ice/ L54 Fire

Puppet team went first. L90 Fire hit first round with a Critical colossal Meteor (L90 Fire had 315 critical). Mid-level team did not block critical. L54 Fire defeated, L59 Ice had 286 health left. Second round, L90 Fire used colossal heckhound on L59 Ice. Third round, puppet team won.

Unfortunately, puppet teams still happen even with the new update.