Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Couch Potatoes Farming

AuthorMessage
Historian
Jul 18, 2010
Hi guys Lately i've been interested in collecting seeds such as magma peas and white tiger lilies. I was just randomly reading things about seeds on wiki, then i heard about couch potatoes being dropped by deep wood imps and ferocious wildclaws and many more common monsters in grizzleheim + others? www.wizard101central.com/wiki/House:Couch_Potatoes

If that is true, then how rare are they exactly? I have access to grizzleheim on all my wizards. Are they very hard to get? Is it worth it? Thanks for reading + all replys

Survivor
Aug 03, 2012
Couch potatoes are not rare. The key to gardening is to garden plants that will give you what you are looking for. For example, I am currently looking for amber so I am gardening red bell peppers, white tiger lilies, red huckleberries, king parsley and deadly ninja figs.

So unless you need something that couch potatoes gives, I would avoid gardening them and use your energy for pets.

Survivor
Jan 22, 2013
Stormgem307 on Apr 2, 2013 wrote:
Hi guys Lately i've been interested in collecting seeds such as magma peas and white tiger lilies. I was just randomly reading things about seeds on wiki, then i heard about couch potatoes being dropped by deep wood imps and ferocious wildclaws and many more common monsters in grizzleheim + others? www.wizard101central.com/wiki/House:Couch_Potatoes

If that is true, then how rare are they exactly? I have access to grizzleheim on all my wizards. Are they very hard to get? Is it worth it? Thanks for reading + all replys
To answer your first question, they are not very common. I have fought a lot of common enemies in grizzleheim ( sorry if I spelled that wrong ) and only got the couch potatoes once. Though, they are definitely worth it. They are pretty easy to take care of and they give really good rewards. I will now leave it up to you to decide if it is worth it to try to collect. I hoped I helped.

Grace Silverdust, Ice, Level 37

Explorer
Jul 13, 2012
I would rather garden Evil Magma Peas than Couch Potatoes. They only take up a medium sized plot and get to elder faster.

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2010
Stormgem307 on Apr 2, 2013 wrote:

basically anything in GH can drop potaos these I got 4 on a noob i was leveling while not even doing any bosses. trash one hit stuff. its just a rare drop. EMP seeds will take more time and devotion to get.

Survivor
May 13, 2012
i just started growing couch potatoes and they where almost adults and fed them and pop they regressed back to the seedling. has any of you had them do that? I grew them again and this time they seem to be fine. ive been growing stink weed for coin ( i sell the treasure cards and the extra seeds) they are easy to grow and big money makers with little trouble. now i am growing for pet snacks. any suggestion on a plant for good snacks? Ive decided not to craft it is hard and alot of the stuff you craft can be bought or is dropped.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Seriously?! People trash them?! These give 50 exp mega snacks people... Are you insane?!

Survivor
May 13, 2012
couch potatoes are not that hard to farm..mine only use water and music and a rank one or two pest spell.
and they give great xp and pet snacks. some of the others are a lot of touble and require rank 4 pest spells.and dont forget keylime plants mine give pretty good snacks and great xp. i farmed them as soon as i was able and leveled up real quick to grandmaster.

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2010
Rony The Turtle on Apr 11, 2013 wrote:
Seriously?! People trash them?! These give 50 exp mega snacks people... Are you insane?!
some people don't garden. different people have different reason to play and play styles. I garden off and on i just hate being forced to log in or i have tons of things die.

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
frnimay on Apr 9, 2013 wrote:
i just started growing couch potatoes and they where almost adults and fed them and pop they regressed back to the seedling. has any of you had them do that? I grew them again and this time they seem to be fine. ive been growing stink weed for coin ( i sell the treasure cards and the extra seeds) they are easy to grow and big money makers with little trouble. now i am growing for pet snacks. any suggestion on a plant for good snacks? Ive decided not to craft it is hard and alot of the stuff you craft can be bought or is dropped.
Yes I have had this happen several times. I think it was because the game decided the plant was dying, and when I gave it garden spells it wanted, they all reverted to young seedlings. It doesn't happen very often and it seems to happen fairly early on once they reach adult, and not so much as they near elder.

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2010
frnimay on Apr 9, 2013 wrote:
plant(s) had a need too long you took care of that need and plant wen back to seed. I cant say the time but you need to tend to these twice a day or there going to keep on giving you grief. Do not stack more than two levels high when gardening there is a known problem with that and plants needs showing cared for but they are not.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
masterryan1969 on Apr 17, 2013 wrote:
plant(s) had a need too long you took care of that need and plant wen back to seed. I cant say the time but you need to tend to these twice a day or there going to keep on giving you grief. Do not stack more than two levels high when gardening there is a known problem with that and plants needs showing cared for but they are not.
I have had Couch potatoes actually start into the dying phase even when they are checked on a regular basis of at least twice a day. There is absolutely no reason this should happen with any plants that are taken care of. More than likely another bug that will take a while to get fixed.

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2010
DragonLady1818 on Apr 17, 2013 wrote:
I have had Couch potatoes actually start into the dying phase even when they are checked on a regular basis of at least twice a day. There is absolutely no reason this should happen with any plants that are taken care of. More than likely another bug that will take a while to get fixed.
I still had the problem using zone wide spells twice a day 3am and 6pm

I started a new potato garden as a test small one 9x2 in two spots ( one casting ring) each plot. max likes this is my 7th or 8th round on this set but have had none die on me anymore. The die part usually was just at the elder harvest all would be pickable except a few that are in progress to dead. If you stack over 2 layers this is for sure where the problem is. From my exp the issue i had is now gone.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
masterryan1969 on Apr 18, 2013 wrote:
I still had the problem using zone wide spells twice a day 3am and 6pm

I started a new potato garden as a test small one 9x2 in two spots ( one casting ring) each plot. max likes this is my 7th or 8th round on this set but have had none die on me anymore. The die part usually was just at the elder harvest all would be pickable except a few that are in progress to dead. If you stack over 2 layers this is for sure where the problem is. From my exp the issue i had is now gone.
I don't stack and never have.

I did have a problem with using some of the zone wide spells a couple of months ago, but that seems to have cleared up.

When I would find mine in the first phase of dying, it would always be when they should be ready to harvest. There is no reason any of mine should be doing this since my gardens are small and all needs taken care of at least twice a day. I even got to the point I was checking them every hour or so(except late night and I am sleeping) until they were finally elder and harvested.

I had this same thing happen with a garden of PBCs (25 plants and well within the spell zones) just recently. I tended the garden the night before, and it should have been all ready to harvest the next morning. But what did I find when I got there the next morning? 1/3 of those PBCs were in the first phase of dying. Why? As I said, I don't stack and never have.

PBCs are not a major issue if you lose one or 2 but when it comes to CPs(farmed or purchase), that is an issue. I have some purchased and some farmed. I don't like having my hard earned money wasted or feel that I have wasted a lot of time farming for them and end up losing them for NO apparent reason.