Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Resistance

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 02, 2011
Explorer
Jan 15, 2012
Xzero411 on Mar 29, 2013 wrote:
How do I get a better resistance?
ummmm...
Buy gear with resistance, get pets with spell proof?
Valkoo GoldSong 64 myth

Defender
Dec 16, 2009
This is quite simple: equip items that give resistance

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Gear (hats, robes, boots). Go to the Bazaar and shops and get the gear that has resistance. Or if you have them, go to the Crown Shop and buy gear there.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Through stat changes with gear and pets. Find gear with the shield symbol on them that is resistance.

Survivor
Feb 02, 2010
Hero
Aug 23, 2009
gear & pet, essentially anything you can equip can bring better resistance depending on whether that item has it in its stats, there is no base resist or damage, it's all based on equipped items, gear, pets, etc.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
It seriously depends on what level you are.

If you are Ice, you can get global resistance on your gear from early on. Other schools can't, unless they buy gear from the crown shop or hoard packs.

Once you get to level 55, you can craft gear that has resistance!

Level 60, you can farm WaterWorks which has gear with global resistance for every school.

Pets can give Spell proof and spell defy, both give global resistance.

These are the main ways to increase resistance in the game, pending on what level you are.

Survivor
Sep 25, 2010
any gear will work for resist (lot of player) goes for jade gear because they have high resist gear in keeper lore pack but get a spell in that pack to like (keeper of the flame/Myth) (brimstone revenant/Fire) (luminous weaver/Life)

AND maybe try Shaman's lore pack (new Azteca Crafting Spell) because don't think we know anything about lower level wizard for that pack (ice gear in there) lucky getting ice robes (High Resist) level 80 that i saw (IAmChazz) youtube channel (got one ice resist robe for level 80 at 16% resist but more pack later (begging for winter moon spell)