Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hatching Fails:

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 13, 2011
I have to say Hatching is annoying especally if you fail to get a friends pet any hints on how to fix this by not getting your own pet after hatching with someone? if you do leave comments below! : )

Made by Jacob GriffinFlame

Explorer
Mar 06, 2011
I know right! it took me about 5 times to hatch a fire beetle which cost over 50,000 gold!

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
There's a 50/50 chance of getting either pet.

There are a lot of superstitions regarding doing different stuff to help with hatching, or talents manifesting, etc, but they are only superstitions and not based on any facts on what pet you get or the talent outcome .... unfortunately.

Explorer
Jul 22, 2009
If you have a higher pedigree the better of a chance to get the other persons pet trust me it took me forever to get a cool pet then I saw how to get the other pet and Bam i have like a 150 pets now but I would avoid for example if your pets pedigree is 28 and the others is 25 I would avoid a low pedigree difference. Hope this helped!

Historian
Jul 18, 2010
Hatching can be stressful if you cant get the exact pet you want. I tried to get a nightmare on my death wizard which was level 28-32. I trained my nooby unicorn to adult and had a friend take me to wintertusk and farm for stuff to sell. I hatched 3 times with a helephant and got nothing. I didnt even get any good talents from the helephant like pip o plenty or something!!! Nowadays i dont try for hybirds like that. I only try for school hybirds. I also look for talents. Good luck with hatching everyone it can get very annoying