Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Crown Shop Pack Chances Too Low!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 09, 2011
Joseph Boomfountain here. I was just thinking that the chances of getting something cool in the packs of the Crown Shop are too low. Can you please raise them KI? It would be really neat if there was an option of when you buy the pack it would ask, "Select the premium item you would like." Then you could choose from weapon, pet, clothing set, or combo. Weapon would give you one weapon from the pack and other random items. Pet would give you one pet from the pack and other random items. Clothing set would give you one solid (meaning no mixed clothing) set of clothes and other random items. Combo would give you a clothing set with a weapon, weapon with a pet, clothing set with a pet, or a clothing set with a weapon and a pet with other random items.
Random items are furniture, treasure cards, seeds, another weapon, clothing set, article of clothing, or pet. Mounts and spells will be a complete chance. Anyone agree?

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Joe 101 on Mar 25, 2013 wrote:
Joseph Boomfountain here. I was just thinking that the chances of getting something cool in the packs of the Crown Shop are too low. Can you please raise them KI? It would be really neat if there was an option of when you buy the pack it would ask, "Select the premium item you would like." Then you could choose from weapon, pet, clothing set, or combo. Weapon would give you one weapon from the pack and other random items. Pet would give you one pet from the pack and other random items. Clothing set would give you one solid (meaning no mixed clothing) set of clothes and other random items. Combo would give you a clothing set with a weapon, weapon with a pet, clothing set with a pet, or a clothing set with a weapon and a pet with other random items.
Random items are furniture, treasure cards, seeds, another weapon, clothing set, article of clothing, or pet. Mounts and spells will be a complete chance. Anyone agree?
Random is random. There are no defined 'chances.'
I have gotten pets on the first pack, and none on others. The chances are random; you take that risk when you purchase them.
The solution: don't buy them.

Champion
Dec 01, 2011
You only have a CHANCE to get the items you want. It says it on all packs. It is like the lottery.

Champion
Dec 01, 2011
RavenLady777 on Mar 26, 2013 wrote:
Random is random. There are no defined 'chances.'
I have gotten pets on the first pack, and none on others. The chances are random; you take that risk when you purchase them.
The solution: don't buy them.
Exactly. Its like a spinner.

Survivor
Feb 02, 2010
I totally agree i felt robbed after trying to get mandolin (still don't have it) it is frustrating

Historian
Jul 18, 2010
If this option were real... getting the epic mounts&pets would be too easy. People who originally got the prizes without this option may feel a bit less excited that they got such a rare item and now almost everyone has it Its all random, you cant change it. If your not satisfied with what you are receiving, then just simply dont buy

Defender
May 11, 2012
Of course we would like to have better chances of getting great things from the crown packs. But, it is what it is. If we were able to get really cool things easier out of the crown packs, then they wouldn't sell as many of them as they do, and, as much as we love the game (and I do ), we have to remember it is a business for KI, and if they didn't make money, then we wouldn't have this wonderful game to begin with. I really, really want the new leaf foot pet out of the new Shaman's Lore pack, and have tried MANY times, with no luck, and if I get it, YEA, but if I don't, I won't blame KI. They never promised we would get everything we wanted.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
This game is based off of randomization,chance and percentages. As much as i agree with you wanting the ability to buy something straight out, It most likely wont ever happen.

Defender
Sep 09, 2012
i have to agree i spent ALL my crowns on a wyvens hoard thinking, oh, i'm going to get a wyvern, right? WRONG!!

Emma Emaraldsword
level 33 conjurer
order of the fang

Survivor
Sep 29, 2012
I think Kingsisle should raise the chances of getting an Epic reward. I bought so many Dragon's Hoard packs to get Bone Dragon, it took me at least 40 tries to get it, but after so many attempts I finally got it. Now I'm cruising through Wizard City on my bone dragon. YEAHHH. lol

Defender
Jun 18, 2012
I have never gotten a spell from a pack before. I really want one!

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Wolf and Rider on Mar 28, 2013 wrote:
i have to agree i spent ALL my crowns on a wyvens hoard thinking, oh, i'm going to get a wyvern, right? WRONG!!

Emma Emaraldsword
level 33 conjurer
order of the fang
unfortunately, that's not ki's fault~ it's yours.

before you spend all of your crowns on a chance-to-get, it's important to establish a limit and stay within that limit. let this be a lesson to you~ don't spend more than you're comfortable losing.

-v.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Have you considered what the price of the packs would go up to if that were to happen? I would guess they would be at least 6,000 crowns per pack if they made it the way you describe.. KI would lose a lot of money in that case. If you look at the prices of premium items, then you can bet the packs are going to be expensive.

ON the average, I buy 3 packs per account(2) about 3 times a year. 399 crowns for a pack and a chance is not a bad deal unless you can't control yourself. It has always been stated that it is a CHANCE but never guaranteed you will get that one item. IF you waste all your crowns on random chances, that is no ones fault but yours.

This isn't going to change at least not anytime soon if ever.