Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

"tied" match=loss of rank?

AuthorMessage
Archon
Feb 07, 2011
so, my pyromancer baby (level 22 sergeant) squared off against a level 28 life captain, and we tied. it was the toughest match i've ever fought (aside from the guy with immunity), but it was awesome and well-fought on both sides.

we were both down to almost no health, and he hit me with a seraph~ my resist was high enough that i didn't die from the hit; i got a tower up, and he fizzled. then, since i only had about 100 health left, i figured i had nothing to lose... so i took a really stupid chance and used immolate, with 2 blades... naturally, i died from my own hit, but the cast still continued and killed him as well.

at the end of the match, we got 14 tickets each, and our portraits were side by side, instead of one over the other. so we congratulated each other and talked about how awesome we were (it was the first tie for both of us) and ported back to the lobby. yay, us!

back in the lobby, i noticed that i'd downranked from sergeant to corporal; i pm'ed my opponent, and he said that he'd also lost his rank. is this normal? has anyone else ever "tied" a match before? any insight would be appreciated.

ps: if that guy somehow sees this~ you rock!

-sergeant von
(yes, i ranked back up shortly afterward)

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
Haha Von I've actually never heard of a tie in pvp. I do think it is kinda strange that you both lost rank, why not just stay with your original rank? Hmm....

Wolf Skullslinger, Thaumaturge by Trade (Commander 821)

Survivor
Dec 04, 2012
Dr Von on Mar 14, 2013 wrote:
so, my pyromancer baby (level 22 sergeant) squared off against a level 28 life captain, and we tied. it was the toughest match i've ever fought (aside from the guy with immunity), but it was awesome and well-fought on both sides.

we were both down to almost no health, and he hit me with a seraph~ my resist was high enough that i didn't die from the hit; i got a tower up, and he fizzled. then, since i only had about 100 health left, i figured i had nothing to lose... so i took a really stupid chance and used immolate, with 2 blades... naturally, i died from my own hit, but the cast still continued and killed him as well.

at the end of the match, we got 14 tickets each, and our portraits were side by side, instead of one over the other. so we congratulated each other and talked about how awesome we were (it was the first tie for both of us) and ported back to the lobby. yay, us!

back in the lobby, i noticed that i'd downranked from sergeant to corporal; i pm'ed my opponent, and he said that he'd also lost his rank. is this normal? has anyone else ever "tied" a match before? any insight would be appreciated.

ps: if that guy somehow sees this~ you rock!

-sergeant von
(yes, i ranked back up shortly afterward)
This happened to me once b4, my life was warlord and i doing 1v1 and i fouht a fre dude, same as you, and i used gnome and allmost killed him, he had a pet blade, tc fireblade, elemental blade, tc elemental blade and regular fireblade. He used a colossaled immolate and critical and killed hiself and dealing at 3900-4000 damage, not entirely sure of exact number but ik it was barely more than my max health thus killing me and him at the same time. we both lost 20 points but gained 14 tickets so idk :/

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
The same happened to me vonawesome1. When I was a private I once tied with a sergeant going second and we both received 14 arena tickets but I lost 14 points while the sergeant losing 17 points.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
*creepy voice* eenteresting... verrrrry interesting.
thanks for your insight, all.

-dr. von awesome's monster

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
So I had a tied match today on my level 10 fire. (sorry its short I just accidently hit the back keyboard button) I set up for a elf-meteor combo these were my last two cards. I killed him but I ran outa cards that turn...so we both gained 14 tickets and I lost 21 rank and he lost 10. I don't have a lot of complaints KI but why? XD

Wolf, Pyromancer with Pride

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Wolf Skullslinger on Mar 20, 2013 wrote:
So I had a tied match today on my level 10 fire. (sorry its short I just accidently hit the back keyboard button) I set up for a elf-meteor combo these were my last two cards. I killed him but I ran outa cards that turn...so we both gained 14 tickets and I lost 21 rank and he lost 10. I don't have a lot of complaints KI but why? XD

Wolf, Pyromancer with Pride
lol, that happened to me once.

me and my opponent were each down to about 200 health each when we both ran out of cards... it quickly devolved into a pass-fest, and we were completely deadlocked until he finally fled (at least that's what it looked like he did) and i received credit for the win.

Historian
Jul 18, 2010
Squire
Apr 18, 2010
Yeah, I have tied a match before, and I lost rank to. IT shouldn't equal loss of rank on both sides, but gain of rank on both sides.

Explorer
Aug 23, 2012
That happened to me once. On my level 18 balance I was in a 1v1 for about a half hour. I killed this commander with my last card, and when the results came up, it said we had both lost. I figured this was because I used my last card to kill him, but I still dont think its fair that this happened.