Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Low Level People Ruining Battles

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 05, 2010
Lately, I have been questing in Azteca and quested with my friends. The downfall was, is that there are many low level people who are teleporting to me or my friends and messing up the duel. The most common things they would do to mess it up are: Breaking Traps, Fleeing and Adding Another Mob, and Filling in the Slots for Other People To Join. It's really annoying when they do that. Today, I was fighting some Weavers in Zultan Dock, when a friend teleports to me. She was level 58 at that time but now she's level 62. Then, she just fled! But along with that, she added another mob. I was really annoyed at that point. But what can we do.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Austin MoonHunter on Feb 20, 2013 wrote:
Lately, I have been questing in Azteca and quested with my friends. The downfall was, is that there are many low level people who are teleporting to me or my friends and messing up the duel. The most common things they would do to mess it up are: Breaking Traps, Fleeing and Adding Another Mob, and Filling in the Slots for Other People To Join. It's really annoying when they do that. Today, I was fighting some Weavers in Zultan Dock, when a friend teleports to me. She was level 58 at that time but now she's level 62. Then, she just fled! But along with that, she added another mob. I was really annoyed at that point. But what can we do.
Young wizard you only have control over your friends list, you may need to remove, from your list, some of these offenders. You can not complain about this happening really. If you quest often with others that allow this you may need to rethink that also.

Lets face it if they are joining you to mess up your duels are they really Friends? In theory making friends with everyone who asks maybe nice but in the end it can prove to be aggravating.

If it becomes chronic you can also risk loosing friends you have in that world that do help you because they may get tired of it too.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
This issue has been brought up often. If they ported to you then you may want to turn off the port option.
Currently there is no other way to deal with this, Unless KI decides to put in a pop up for porting that asks a player if someone is allowee to port to them.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Turn off the ability to port to you is really the only option. It won't however, change your friends' settings. This needs to be looked at at some point; KI doesn't seem concerned.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
unfortunately, there's nothing we can do.

this happened to me in zafaria the oher day. usually, i play with ports off, but i (65 storm)was questing with 2 friends (68 death and 60 life) and turned them on so we could easily get to each other if we got separated... me and life got into the dungeon together and figured that death, who had ended up in another realm, could just port to us...

instead, out of nowhere, life had 2 low-level friends port to her; death couldn't get to us, because the dungeon was full, and life now had to waste her pips keeping her friends alive, meaning that i was the only one doing any damage. and, since the minions were storm, i now had to waste time with converts (and this is before mass prisms). so we had to start over and, trust me, 3 functioning team members made all the difference.

i wish there were a selective-porting system. that way, we could choose who joins us in battle, based on:

level: does the person porting to you have the right tools for the job, or does he expect you to sustain him?

your school: can your wizard viably sustain others? i am storm, and do not have a school heal until level 72; my job is to kill before i get killed, and off-school healing costs a lot of pips and time that would be better used elsewhere.

relationship: i am in touch with many good friends outside of the game and have no problems with them dropping in on me because i know they have the tools available for the job and respect my pips and my time. i also know that some parents have young children who want to see the upper worlds; if random porters are leashed to the person they port to or disallowed in combat, it becomes a non-issue.

ports on is not an open-door policy, because it inconveniences the person you're dropping in on when you flee or demand healing. if you cannot hold your own in a zone, you should not be there, end of.

-von
90 balance, 85 death, 65 storm, 46 life, 25 myth, 24 ice, 22 fire, attack of the noobs.

Squire
Jul 28, 2011
There is something in your notebook under i think the help section. You can chose if friends are allowed to teleport or not.

You could also say to them "can you stop teleporting please cause it's harder for me"
If you don't have text chat there is an option in menu chat to say "please stop teleporting to me"

Hope this helps, i hate it when that happens

Survivor
Aug 16, 2012
I am only a level 32, but I know what you mean. I friend anybody with text chat, no matter what the level. I always have under level 10 wizards porting to me when I'm in Marleybone or Wysteria. I also get very, very annoyed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
id simply like to know why they join and then either mess with your traps or flee immediately. trolling purposses maybe? or is it just people being jealous that your a higher level then them. now i know that some just port in to see the world but couldnt they ask first if your in a fight or maybe actually stay in the fight and help witchever way they can unless you tell them otherwise. now high level people, they ported to you because you let them on your freinds list. i have no low levels on my friends list and if i do its because i know there higher level wizard and knew they wouldnt port to me without asking me first.
so really both parties are to blame however more so the lower levels.
just what my commen sense tells me.

Delver
Jul 15, 2011
I have a lot of low levels on my friends list and they port to me for different reasons. Some port to me to try and get into battles so they can get powerful treasure cards. Others port to see what different worlds look like. And even others port to me because they had already asked "can you help me," and had gotten my reply of "sorry no, I am busy" and they will literally port to me to make sure I am busy. The last ones usually get booted from my friends list as soon as they show such paranoid ad needy personalities.