Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

"just pass"

AuthorMessage
Archon
Feb 07, 2011
someone said this to me during a match, first thing when we set foot in the ring. instinctively, i thought,"yeah, right", that he was trying to pull a fast one on me. so i chose my spell and cast... and then he fled the duel immediately.

lolwut?

i won, of course, but feel like i didn't earn it. i suppose it was nice of him, but isn't that cheating? should i have reported him?

-von/angela
corporal and counting...

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
Dr Von on Feb 9, 2013 wrote:
someone said this to me during a match, first thing when we set foot in the ring. instinctively, i thought,"yeah, right", that he was trying to pull a fast one on me. so i chose my spell and cast... and then he fled the duel immediately.

lolwut?

i won, of course, but feel like i didn't earn it. i suppose it was nice of him, but isn't that cheating? should i have reported him?

-von/angela
corporal and counting...
No, it's not a reportable offense. The reason why people do this is they have already gotten to a high rank before and are ranking down to earn and save on arena tickets. If this was reportable, it would be for two reasons:
1. He's using an easy method to gain tickets.
2. He took the glory of my glorious victory.

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
Archon
Feb 07, 2011
thanks, both of you~

i don't profess to know a ton about pvp, but perhaps someone can explain to me what downranking is and why someone would do it. call me a noob, but i guess i just don't understand why someone who's already received the (dubious) honour of (puppet) warlord would want to give it up.

-sergeant von

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
Dr Von on Feb 11, 2013 wrote:
thanks, both of you~

i don't profess to know a ton about pvp, but perhaps someone can explain to me what downranking is and why someone would do it. call me a noob, but i guess i just don't understand why someone who's already received the (dubious) honour of (puppet) warlord would want to give it up.

-sergeant von
One, they can always ge back up to warlord whenever they want, don't ask me how because everyone has their ways. As I said before they're in it for the tickets, the greater the differencein rank when in a battles will determine the amount of tickets given. That's what I've heard.

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
Dr Von on Feb 11, 2013 wrote:
thanks, both of you~

-sergeant von
Ok, well people down rank for arena tickets. Also, some people down rank cause they want to go through the pvp ranks again. I've down ranked for both reasons. I can be fun to climb your way back up to Warlord. Hope this helped.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
To drop rank. So they can access other duelers or to save for arena tickets.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Champion
Aug 20, 2010
How is that cheating? Why would you report him? How is that wrong? When will people get satisfactory on that good event? Happened to me once, it was a great time. Earn it? He fled, you get points that is it, what a glorious time. He is being nice, don't talk bout reporting him.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Wizgamer105 on Feb 18, 2013 wrote:
How is that cheating? Why would you report him? How is that wrong? When will people get satisfactory on that good event? Happened to me once, it was a great time. Earn it? He fled, you get points that is it, what a glorious time. He is being nice, don't talk bout reporting him.
the trolling on these boards has gotten out of hand. there is absolutely no reason to jump down someone's throat for asking a question~ i thought that's what these boards were for.

i suppose kindness really is in short supply these days. if you can't be respectful of your fellow posters, or have nothing helpful to contribute, then don't post.

-von

Explorer
Nov 17, 2012
hmm i actually find it a little useless to report them for something like that. i find that fleeing thing a little funny because i think of 2 possibilities. 1:they are scared of me lol 2:they are just fleeing for no reason. the first one is what i mostly think of lol (Blaze Moonmender promethean)

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
If they are downranking for tickets, what exactly are they purchasing with those tickets? I have over 10k tickets and nothing to buy with them. Did they add some arena ticket items I don't know about since the PvP changes?

I think they downrank so they can play easier players or so they can make a puppet teams.

Signed,

A retired warlord who isn't going to play this second age "Reshuffle is a treasure card" PvP.

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
Dr Von on Feb 18, 2013 wrote:
the trolling on these boards has gotten out of hand. there is absolutely no reason to jump down someone's throat for asking a question~ i thought that's what these boards were for.

i suppose kindness really is in short supply these days. if you can't be respectful of your fellow posters, or have nothing helpful to contribute, then don't post.

-von
YES THANKS YOU VON! People the message boards are to be nice and kind to one another and offer advice. Not to "jump down someones throat". Thanks for some sense Von

Wolf Skullslinger, Thaumaturge by Trade