Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

i am having problems while dueling

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 13, 2010
hi ok i'll explain

when i confront a monster and try to cast spells what happens is i click the spell then directly the target but it unclicks the spell as if i didn't click on the target. this is really frustrating me because i only buy one month memberships and i want to get quests done. it only recently started happening when i went into a boss battle. please help! comment solutions or if this has happened to you. please hurry before my membership expires!

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
demonheart002 on Feb 2, 2013 wrote:
hi ok i'll explain

when i confront a monster and try to cast spells what happens is i click the spell then directly the target but it unclicks the spell as if i didn't click on the target. this is really frustrating me because i only buy one month memberships and i want to get quests done. it only recently started happening when i went into a boss battle. please help! comment solutions or if this has happened to you. please hurry before my membership expires!
You may want to contact support on this one. I've never had this happen, and played all morning.

Defender
Sep 29, 2008
Yea it happens to me every so often its like a camera glitch but all you have to do is select the spell and click on the enemy's name box and it automatically targets it.Its a work around solution.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
hi ok i'll explain

hi there~ it's hard to give a definitive answer without all of the details, but i'll try and help as best i can.

1) there are certain spells that can only be cast on yourself or your teammates. these include charms (blades or any kind of positive buff), shields, and healing spells; these cannot be cast on the enemy. if you click on the enemy with any of these spells, it will deselect the spell and prompt you to choose again.

some examples of spells that can only be cast on yourself:

school blade
tower shield
guidance
guiding light
empower
stun block
spirit shield
availing hands
sacrifice
healing current
guardian spirit
donate power

2) are you clicking on something else before the timer runs down? if you select a spell and then click a friend's name (to say something or check her stats), it will deselect your spell and ask you to reselect.

hope this helps,

-von
promethean sorceress, archmage necromancer, the rest.

Survivor
Nov 14, 2012
hi ok i'll explain

That happens, and when it does, click on the target's name(the box that contains its health) instead of directly clicking on them. That should do it, Good luck.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
hi ok i'll explain

I ran into this glitch in The Haunted Cave (a while back). Everybody in our duel circle had the same problem. There was nothing we could do. Just had to wait until we died, or flee. Sent a ticket to support about it.