Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Limit how many times pets can use "maycast"

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 12, 2012
I play fire level 33 in pvp currently, I am commander, and I don't agree with the current design. This game is designed around being turn based, so why can pets with "may cast" talents break this core mechanic of the game. I don't mind if my opponent gets a few lucky may cast's in a row from sprite and removes 2 infections, but when i have someone low and there are 4 dots stacked on them and their pet casts 1 sprite 2 fairies and 1 unicorn in ONE round I really want to uninstall.

So I think this needs to be addressed in a future patch.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Eaos on Jan 21, 2013 wrote:
I play fire level 33 in pvp currently, I am commander, and I don't agree with the current design. This game is designed around being turn based, so why can pets with "may cast" talents break this core mechanic of the game. I don't mind if my opponent gets a few lucky may cast's in a row from sprite and removes 2 infections, but when i have someone low and there are 4 dots stacked on them and their pet casts 1 sprite 2 fairies and 1 unicorn in ONE round I really want to uninstall.

So I think this needs to be addressed in a future patch.
This is probably not possible. The "may cast" items are totally random and limiting them is unfair to the pet owner.
Also, not many people are happy with anything in PvP right now. :)

Explorer
Sep 01, 2012
Really it is fair. They spend TONS of gold on hatching and training for those talents, maybe you didn't. So fair and square. Not to mention paying for the pet by the way.

Defender
Feb 24, 2012
These pet mechanics are in game to help us out. If someone takes the time to train it then so can you and they deserve to use it.

Delver
Jul 15, 2011
SO then every pet would have max defensive and offensive talents. That makes things even more boring. Everyone already tries to wear the same gear and use the same strategies, might as well make them use the same pets.

I know, why not make it all even, everyone who duels gets a MEGA pink piggle to use and it only has selfish talents.

Survivor
Nov 12, 2012
fireproof1111 on Jan 23, 2013 wrote:
These pet mechanics are in game to help us out. If someone takes the time to train it then so can you and they deserve to use it.
I didnt say to get rid of them completely, I spent money and time training my pet and love it, but what i am bringing up is that Pets currently break a GAME MECHANIC. Also how do you know it would not be an easy fix, just as simple as setting up something that checks to see if it has already cast that round. I know everyone loves their pets and i dont want to kill bambi or anything. I just want pvp to be more enjoyable, more predictable and more skill based. LIKE IT SHOULD BE!

Survivor
Jul 14, 2010
I don't think there is anything wrong with the "may cast" talents.

I know at times they are annoying but if you have a pet that cast spritely, you know there are times when your pet is very active. There are also times when the pet is very inactive. This is the nature of the game though. Percentages.

I happen to love it when I questing. Especially in Azteca. There are some really difficult fights if you are solo. I like to use my pips to kill minions for the bosses because the bosses are a lot easier when the minions are not there. If my pet didn't have "may cast sprite spell" then the fights would be that much more difficult. Which happens at times because my pet isn't as active as it is at other times.

I know that you are here complaining because you are facing people that have pets with a lot of great skills, but those players worked really hard to obtain those talents. I can't even begin to explain what I went through just to get a pet that would cast sprite spell but it took months.

If you worked that hard to create a pet with great talents then you deserve it. Pets can really make-or-break a match and I am sure that was the intention of the pet talent system. Embrace it, don't hate it because it's really not broken at all. It's perfect as it is.

Survivor
Nov 12, 2012
I invited 4 friends to start playing this game with me, since i made this thread all 4 of them have quit because of how broken pvp is.

I am thinking of quitting too. I hope Kings Isle addresses the issues this game has before I take up another game also.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Yes, PvP is broken and has been for quite a while. So, I'm guessing all you and your friends want to do is PvP and not enjoy the rest of the game content?

Yes, there are other games out there that have PvP, and fortunately, W101 did not build it's game around it. This is a game with it's main focus on storyline and questing. Period.

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
Considering people put gold and time into training their pets this would upset many to learn that the time would be less valuable with the limited may-casts. I cannot tell you how long it takes me to level my pets, and to finally hatch some with Spritely is a relief. I would be annoyed if my time was wasted for a limited may-cast.

Also since Spritely only has a ten percent chance to cast, if they get it multiple times they deserve the reward from their luck. And since Spritely casts the most often, imagine the percent chance for Unicorn or Fairy.

Explorer
Jun 08, 2012
SabrinaMisty on Jan 23, 2013 wrote:
Really it is fair. They spend TONS of gold on hatching and training for those talents, maybe you didn't. So fair and square. Not to mention paying for the pet by the way.
I only did one hatch to get mine.

Survivor
Nov 12, 2012
Scarlet Nightdream... on Jan 26, 2013 wrote:
Considering people put gold and time into training their pets this would upset many to learn that the time would be less valuable with the limited may-casts. I cannot tell you how long it takes me to level my pets, and to finally hatch some with Spritely is a relief. I would be annoyed if my time was wasted for a limited may-cast.

Also since Spritely only has a ten percent chance to cast, if they get it multiple times they deserve the reward from their luck. And since Spritely casts the most often, imagine the percent chance for Unicorn or Fairy.
Please provide the source of your information that shows the cast percentages of "may cast" abilities".

Also to the other response, my friends did start this game because of the pvp system, and they do not enjoy leveling. They will level to be able to pvp on equal ground with me, but they have given up on that because of puppet teams. I don't see how you can write off the pvp system in this game and defend the pet system, both are equally broken.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Well you need to figure it this way a pet doesnt get a round like we do so they cast sparaticly sometimes. Even if they cast 3 ina row they still arent casting every round so it makes up for it. The mechanic is not broken it works fine if you just understand how the pet mechanic works.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
I spent tons of gold and time making an awesome death school pet with may-cast trap, may-cast blade, additional damage boosts, and high stat max values. I thought I was creating the ultimate pet for death school. I don't want extra health, I want more traps, blades, and death! Wow was I ever disappointed. These may-cast spells almost never get triggered. Useless. Not like spritely that triggers often. The pet sits at home.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
BrynnerOfReign on Jan 25, 2013 wrote:
Yes, PvP is broken and has been for quite a while. So, I'm guessing all you and your friends want to do is PvP and not enjoy the rest of the game content?

Yes, there are other games out there that have PvP, and fortunately, W101 did not build it's game around it. This is a game with it's main focus on storyline and questing. Period.
thank you. :)

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
Eaos on Jan 26, 2013 wrote:
Please provide the source of your information that shows the cast percentages of "may cast" abilities".

Also to the other response, my friends did start this game because of the pvp system, and they do not enjoy leveling. They will level to be able to pvp on equal ground with me, but they have given up on that because of puppet teams. I don't see how you can write off the pvp system in this game and defend the pet system, both are equally broken.
The Central Wiki is where I found my information. It clearly said, at one point, on the Spritely page that the pet has a ten percent chance of casting Sprite for anything. The Wiki states Unicorn is cast less often then Sprite for pets. As for Fairy, many of my friends with both Sprite and Fairy find that Sprite is cast more often.

As for the pet system being broken I don't see any problem with it. It's perfectly fine to train up pets and get rewards for it. As for PvP that has been broken for a long time (chain stunning, smoke screens, puppets etc.) and is almost certain to remain that way for a while, if not forever.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Eaos on Jan 26, 2013 wrote:

I really dont understand why you feel this way about pvp but i can assure you that the pvp system was only put in game as a past time. The game itself is based on questing.