Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mana Burn for Balance

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 21, 2010
I just noticed that when casting mana burn and it takes the pips of the opponent away, the opponent was still able to cast a 4 pip spell without having 4 pips.

Wanted to let you guys know ...

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Kelly Ravenwraith on Jan 10, 2013 wrote:
I just noticed that when casting mana burn and it takes the pips of the opponent away, the opponent was still able to cast a 4 pip spell without having 4 pips.

Wanted to let you guys know ...
yep, the spell is broken and will probably always be.
if ki had intended to fix it, they would have done so by now.

-von
level 89 balance

Defender
Jun 14, 2010
The fact that KI hasn't "fixed it", would suggest to a logical person that the spell is working just as intended.
When the new Azteca auras stopped blades from spinning, it was fixed.
When sharpened blades had no effect on bladestorm, it was fixed.
Those are examples of broken spells..

Just because you jump on every mana burn post, claiming it is broken, doesn't make it so.
At this point it's clear you are just trolling KI. I know you're trying to get them to 'bite', and the reason they have never given you a formal response is because you are wrong, Von.

Please understand what a broken spell is.
Thx

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Eric the Red on Jan 10, 2013 wrote:
The fact that KI hasn't "fixed it", would suggest to a logical person that the spell is working just as intended.
When the new Azteca auras stopped blades from spinning, it was fixed.
When sharpened blades had no effect on bladestorm, it was fixed.
Those are examples of broken spells..

Just because you jump on every mana burn post, claiming it is broken, doesn't make it so.
At this point it's clear you are just trolling KI. I know you're trying to get them to 'bite', and the reason they have never given you a formal response is because you are wrong, Von.

Please understand what a broken spell is.
Thx
if disagreeing with you makes me a troll, loki, then i guess i'm a troll.

i know perfectly well what a broken spell is, and i'm obviously not the only one who feels that way, if other people are expressing the exact-same concerns. i'm not the first person to complain about it, nor will i be the last, so suck it up and get used to it.

what about guardian spirit~ how was that broken? and what about sirens? why was that nerfed if, by your reasoning, it was working "just as intended"? i guess the pvp community is just used to getting what it wants handed to it on a silver platter, amirite?

in case you hadn't noticed, this is a public forum and i don't require your permission to express an opinion. so the fact that you're not responding to the op's question and jumping on me for stating my opinion makes you the troll. end of.

i have nothing more to say to you on this topic, except that your holier-than-thou attitude is rather childish.

Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
So if a balance spell causes you to lose pips (below what was needed to cast a spell) yet you can still cast the spell, what is the purpose of having that effect in a spell in the first place?
Spell is broken, just might be difficult to fix, depending on who goes first.

I would think all balance wizards (mine is only level 40) would be using this spell PRECISELY to thwart another wizard/enemy attack.
Why would I care if my enemy had 0 pips left if the spell I cast actually worked like HIM casting elucidate?
pods